Former h1b employer plead guilty

Rate this topic

popedenos

So I came got my first h1b through a shady desi firm 5 years ago. I left in about 5 months to a large firm. Now I'm in the process of transferring to a another fortune 50 company. Should I be worried that USCIS will revoke my original visa?

I don't think I had any fraudulent docs. But of course he forced me to pay for the visa:(. He's almost certainly going to jail soon. You hear about so many of these cases but never what happened to the employees. 

2 hours ago, popedenos said:

So I came got my first h1b through a shady desi firm 5 years ago. I left in about 5 months to a large firm. Now I'm in the process of transferring to a another fortune 50 company. Should I be worried that USCIS will revoke my original visa?

I don't think I had any fraudulent docs. But of course he forced me to pay for the visa:(. He's almost certainly going to jail soon. You hear about so many of these cases but never what happened to the employees. 

You can get lucky--in that case, don't worry. Even though you never had any fraudulent docs, they can look at the docs your employer submitted initially. You don't know what was in them: peku client letters, peku pay stubs, bench issues, etc. 

Forget about the pay for the visa, issue. Just see what he submitted with your initial app.

3 hours ago, popedenos said:

Thanks. No client letter, think he put me internal. And no bench or paystubs issues. 

This is what I suggest. Get his federal case number. You can find it by searching "USA v. Motapati kameswar rao (your mestri name). You can get a case number like 16-mj-00668-JWF. Use this case number to locate on pacermonitor.com. Once you find the case on pacermonitor and sign up for a free trial on that website. Free trial without cc can get you a copy of that case. Read through the case file to see all the shenanigans Uncle Sam found. Use that knowledge to see what docs they looked at. In this case, he got you on an in-house project; right after, he might have put on c2c project. Did he file LCA on time. Anyway, reading his case file can help you.

At the moment, I don't worry.