Modi is the man

hyperbole

modi's biggest advantage is people consider him as one among them. they really believe he sold tea as a kid.

that he came up from below the ranks is the biggest usp of modi. not what he accomplished as pm.

they will wake up from this emotional blunder, when the house is on fire.

but modi is not 'da man', like trump is not 'da man'. it doesn't take much to run a campaign baiting minorities etc.

if everyone did what modi did, there would be chaos. modi is a psycho who doesn't care about consequences of what he does. others do.

psychos win.

3 hours ago, hyperbole said:

What a result!! for him. BJP came back stronger than ever

People/media are not giving him enough credit and citing congress failure as the reason for his success but it is more that in my opinion, many of the voters were attracted to Modi’s strongman image than anything else.

Recently in all the state elections where BJP lost but still won 90% plus MP seats is a remarkable achievement, they just won on the image of Modi or people wanted him as PM more than anyone else .

It's an interesting dynamic between center and state, looks like people want strong Central and state Governments, while the Government's want them to be just strong enough but not too strong. 

2 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

It's an interesting dynamic between center and state, looks like people want strong Central and state Governments, while the Government's want them to be just strong enough but not too strong. 

modi made state govts beggars. end of story. why do you think all regional parties joined together to defeat him? its not to save secularism. its to save their own dwindling power.

when gst for petrol passes, state govts can move lock stock and barrell to a delhi building and spend a lot of time sucking of modi's dcik.

1 minute ago, BDurruti said:

modi made state govts beggars. end of story. why do you think all regional parties joined together to defeat him? its not to save secularism. its to save their own dwindling power.

when gst for petrol passes, state govts can move lock stock and barrell to a delhi building and spend a lot of time sucking of modi's dcik.

From people's prospective though, it's better to have a strong Government at the center to have a face in world politics. However, the state Government's themselves will have little to no say in policies if they do not succumb to the Lord himself. It's a catch-22...would I rather have a weak Central government and a strong state Government? No. 

Just now, DrBeta said:

From people's prospective though, it's better to have a strong Government at the center to have a face in world politics. However, the state Government's themselves will have little to no say in policies if they do not succumb to the Lord himself. It's a catch-22...would I rather have a weak Central government and a strong state Government? No.  

yeah. i agree its the perception that modi created for himself. as a strongman, when facts in the last 5yrs show him to be a weak ass pm.

why wouldn't you want a weak central govt, and a strong state govt? its the ideal thing that reflects aspirations of a diversity of people in India. do you want state govts to go to center with a begging bowl everytime they come up with a policy to improve their schools, buil more toilets etc?

or are you the nationalist type?  I think you are too bright to be a chest thumping nationalist. may be you are a soft nationalist. but still I don't think you can effectively argue that a strong center is good. its the worst. India's worst years are with a strong center. remember nehru and indira?

5 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Modi originally ran as a federalist. his 2014 campaign highlighted the need for more state power.

but once in office, he usurped more power than congress ever did. I mean from 2004, because 70s congress was exactly like modi - incompetent and power mongering religious nutjobs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BDurruti said:

yeah. i agree its the perception that modi created for himself. as a strongman, when facts in the last 5yrs show him to be a weak ass pm.

why wouldn't you want a weak central govt, and a strong state govt? its the ideal thing that reflects aspirations of a diversity of people in India. do you want state govts to go to center with a begging bowl everytime they come up with a policy to improve their schools, buil more toilets etc?

or are you the nationalist type?  I think you are too bright to be a chest thumping nationalist. may be you are a soft nationalist. but still I don't think you can effectively argue that a strong center is good. its the worst. India's worst years are with a strong center. remember nehru and indira?

Indira took it to the extreme, I wouldn't even call her nationalist, it's more monarchy. The reason I would rather have a strong Central Government is so that we can have a face in the world politics. I would rather not have China or Srilanka influence the policies that we take. I would rather the Government gets influenced by the rich corporations in the country than other nationalities that have their own vested interests. Am I a nationalist? I don't think I am, I could be wrong but based on my understanding of nationalism, I am not. 

BJP is bad for India. people will realise it.

but i don't see how opposition is going to cut through the propaganda that modi is a simpleton, and one among them. The bugger led a middle class comfy life, and has managed to create a perception that he's from the lowest class.

also that he's incorruptible. I think that'll be the first dominos to fall. because obviously he's corrupt and he will be accused one of these days on corruption. then the lower and lower middle classes can be won.

upper class you can forget. they are in love with his anti muslim stand.

5 minutes ago, BDurruti said:

Modi originally ran as a federalist. his 2014 campaign highlighted the need for more state power.

but once in office, he usurped more power than congress ever did. I mean from 2004, because 70s congress was exactly like modi - incompetent and power mongering religious nutjobs.

I agree, he probably wants strong state Governments as long as they are BJP... he is pushing the idealogy of BJP throughout the country. But if the alternative is 20 different individuals with their own interests, that don't necessarily stand on one side, would rather not have to deal with it. 

2 minutes ago, BDurruti said:

but i don't see how opposition is going to cut through the propaganda that modi is a simpleton, and one among them. The bugger led a middle class comfy life, and has managed to create a perception that he's from the lowest class.

also that he's incorruptible. I think that'll be the first dominos to fall. because obviously he's corrupt and he will be accused one of these days on corruption. then the lower and lower middle classes can be won.

Didn't realize you were @uttermost, nice to see you again. I missed you. 

3 minutes ago, DrBeta said:

Indira took it to the extreme, I wouldn't even call her nationalist, it's more monarchy. The reason I would rather have a strong Central Government is so that we can have a face in the world politics. I would rather not have China or Srilanka influence the policies that we take. I would rather the Government gets influenced by the rich corporations in the country than other nationalities that have their own vested interests. Am I a nationalist? I don't think I am, I could be wrong but based on my understanding of nationalism, I am not.  

yes. i somewhat agree. reality of global politics (which is actually economics) needs a strong face to make india's case.

lets hope that he's not the bungling fool he was in the past 5yrs. but i'm hoping against hope with this.

modi is weak ass, who sold india's interests to the us bidding. he allowed us organization to run rampant in India, even in govt projects like aadhar.

under modi, India is not trying to impose itself on the world stage. they are merely happy with photo ops. how many channels in the us covered india's election results, and how many covered chinas, or even brazils? india is non player, and modi has not made the situation any better, hobnobbing with the wrong players like israel, us etc.

his foreign policy achievements are almost nil.

3 hours ago, hyperbole said:

What a result!! for him. BJP came back stronger than ever

People/media are not giving him enough credit and citing congress failure as the reason for his success but it is more that in my opinion, many of the voters were attracted to Modi’s strongman image than anything else.

Recently in all the state elections where BJP lost but still won 90% plus MP seats is a remarkable achievement, they just won on the image of Modi or people wanted him as PM more than anyone else .

Is Nakka woman ?

10 minutes ago, BDurruti said:

Modi is 1000 times better than Congress.. Modi is the only guy who’s better than any in current situation