Trump administration introduced public charge rule

tacobell fan

2 hours ago, Power Star said:

mall of india povali prathisari or ___info ____ llc toilets ani open cheskovali inka maname  Swimming pools also 😁

"Sometimes, a healthy does of denial is necessary in order to do the things you enjoy, like swimming in a public pool. Because, pee. Just how much pee are you swimming in, though? According to a study, there may be more than 20 gallons of pee in public pools. Before you pass judgment on people peeing in the pool, though, let's take a moment to consider that we have likely all done it — even Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps has reportedly said that everyone pees in the pool. "

20 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

Mari Paternity and Maternity LEAVE appudu State will incur some expense anukunta... Am i wrong... Will those also come this ... 

State expenses avi.

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is scheduled to publish a final rule on August 14, 2019 that will greatly expand the categories of public benefits looked at to determine whether a foreign national may be deemed a public charge (i.e., a person who is likely to become financially dependent on public benefits). The rule is slated to go into effect 60 days after publication.

The new rule will only apply to applications and petitions filed after the rule has gone into effect. Further, benefits that were applied for or received prior to the effective date will not be impacted.

3 hours ago, tacobell fan said:

The Trump administration introduced a new policy Monday that would penalize immigrants who use public benefits, such as food stamps and housing vouchers, by potentially denying them green cards. The policy will go into place in 62 days.

EBxcxA0U0AAYK7t?format=jpg&name=smallEBxdhvhUEAA0J7q?format=jpg&name=small

Public schools as well ?

2 hours ago, r2d2 said:

"Sometimes, a healthy does of denial is necessary in order to do the things you enjoy, like swimming in a public pool. Because, pee. Just how much pee are you swimming in, though? According to a study, there may be more than 20 gallons of pee in public pools. Before you pass judgment on people peeing in the pool, though, let's take a moment to consider that we have likely all done it — even Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps has reportedly said that everyone pees in the pool. "

Agreed bro anduke esa swimming pools ani ocean ante

Is H1B affected by US Green Card Denial Public Charge Rule?

US green card public charge rule covers medicaid, housing benefits. Government school are excluded. H1B, L visa worker not affected if using private health insurance.

USCIS has published the new rule that will decide your fate for getting US green card based on your selection of government sponsored public services. DHS received 266,077 comments on the proposed rule.

Trump government has  decided to go ahead with the rule even though the vast majority of comments opposed the rule.

This new rule does not apply to US citizens.

Public Charge Rule

The public charge rule will start from Oct 15, 2019 for applications filed on or after Oct 15. The current pending applications will not be affected by this new rule.

• If you use any public benefit for more than 12 months in total in last 36-month period OR
  • Receipt of two benefits in 1 month counts as 2 months.

If you are expected to completely rely on government paid benefits like Food Stamps, the new rule will:

1. Not allow you to enter US.
  2. USCIS will deny you visa extension or change of status to new visa type.

Are H1B Visa Worker Affected?

The new rule is applicable for application filed using form I-539 (commonly used for H4 extensions), Form I-129 (Commonly used for work related visa like H1B, L etc.)

The good news is that children studying in government schools are not considered a public charge.

As per my opinion, H1B and L visa workers will not be affected as they already get health insurance from employer and are self sufficient in managing their home expenses.

Family migration from India would certainly be affected if people apply for low income housing benefits which many of them do.

DHS Public Benefit Deciding Rules

USCIS will assign points for your application based on multiple factors.

Negative Points

#1 Age

If you are younger than 18 or older than 61, you are a negative point as you have high chance of using Medicaid.

#2 No Active Employment

If you cannot prove that you are employed or have been employed in recent past, you will earn a negative point for your extension of status visa application.

#3 Health Insurance & Personal Assets

If you cannot buy your own health insurance or your assets are so low that they cannot pay for your healthcare, your Green card application will be denied.

Positive Points

#1 Age

Your application gets a positive point if your age is between 18 to 61.

#2 Private Health Insurance

Your income standard, evidence of assets and resources, credit report score will be used to judge your financial status. DHS will consider it a positive point if you can pay for your own medical costs using your own income.

#3 Education & Skills

Your education, English language proficiency, skills and full time employment will count as a positive point for your profile.

Public Charge Bond

USCIS will add a bond of minimum USD $8,100 if they think you are going to apply for government services in future. The bond amount may increase based on your situation and application details.

Applications for i485 will need to have form I-944 (Declaration of self-sufficiency). USCIS can deny the application even without issuing any RFE or NOID if the form I-944 or I-864 (Affidavit of support) are not attached to i485 application.

Public Benefit Used By A Family Member?

You are safe as long as you have not used the public benefit yourself even if any of your dependent household member has used them.

Public Benefits

1. Any cash benefits for income maintenance
  2. Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  3. Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
  4. Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)
  5. Most forms of Medicaid
  6. Housing Assistance under the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program
  7. Project-Based Rental Assistance, and certain other forms of subsidized housing

Public Charge Exceptions

1. Active duty or Ready Reserve component of the U.S. armed forces, and their spouses and children
  2. Certain International Adoptees and children acquiring U.S. citizenship
  3. Medicaid for aliens under 21 and pregnant women
  4. Medicaid for school-based services (including services provided under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) and
  5. Medicaid benefits for emergency medical services.
  6. Victims of qualifying criminal activity (U non-immigrants)
  7. Certain trafficking victims (T non-immigrants)
  8. Special Immigrant Juveniles (SIJs)
  9. Victims of domestic violence (VAWA self-petitioners)
  10. Humanitarian-based immigration programs for refugees, asylees

13 hours ago, tacobell fan said:

My friend BitCoin lo loss ayina money ki to pay back he took Federal help for debt consolidation. Not sure if he is categorized under public charge.

😳

18 hours ago, futureofandhra said:

Gov School??

Schools are funded by County kada. More over it comes from property tax so dont think its public charge in any way 

16 hours ago, Prince_Fan said:

Is H1B affected by US Green Card Denial Public Charge Rule?

US green card public charge rule covers medicaid, housing benefits. Government school are excluded. H1B, L visa worker not affected if using private health insurance.

USCIS has published the new rule that will decide your fate for getting US green card based on your selection of government sponsored public services. DHS received 266,077 comments on the proposed rule.

Trump government has  decided to go ahead with the rule even though the vast majority of comments opposed the rule.

This new rule does not apply to US citizens.

Public Charge Rule

The public charge rule will start from Oct 15, 2019 for applications filed on or after Oct 15. The current pending applications will not be affected by this new rule.

• If you use any public benefit for more than 12 months in total in last 36-month period OR
  • Receipt of two benefits in 1 month counts as 2 months.

If you are expected to completely rely on government paid benefits like Food Stamps, the new rule will:

1. Not allow you to enter US.
  2. USCIS will deny you visa extension or change of status to new visa type.

Are H1B Visa Worker Affected?

The new rule is applicable for application filed using form I-539 (commonly used for H4 extensions), Form I-129 (Commonly used for work related visa like H1B, L etc.)

The good news is that children studying in government schools are not considered a public charge.

As per my opinion, H1B and L visa workers will not be affected as they already get health insurance from employer and are self sufficient in managing their home expenses.

Family migration from India would certainly be affected if people apply for low income housing benefits which many of them do.

DHS Public Benefit Deciding Rules

USCIS will assign points for your application based on multiple factors.

Negative Points

#1 Age

If you are younger than 18 or older than 61, you are a negative point as you have high chance of using Medicaid.

#2 No Active Employment

If you cannot prove that you are employed or have been employed in recent past, you will earn a negative point for your extension of status visa application.

#3 Health Insurance & Personal Assets

If you cannot buy your own health insurance or your assets are so low that they cannot pay for your healthcare, your Green card application will be denied.

Positive Points

#1 Age

Your application gets a positive point if your age is between 18 to 61.

#2 Private Health Insurance

Your income standard, evidence of assets and resources, credit report score will be used to judge your financial status. DHS will consider it a positive point if you can pay for your own medical costs using your own income.

#3 Education & Skills

Your education, English language proficiency, skills and full time employment will count as a positive point for your profile.

Public Charge Bond

USCIS will add a bond of minimum USD $8,100 if they think you are going to apply for government services in future. The bond amount may increase based on your situation and application details.

Applications for i485 will need to have form I-944 (Declaration of self-sufficiency). USCIS can deny the application even without issuing any RFE or NOID if the form I-944 or I-864 (Affidavit of support) are not attached to i485 application.

Public Benefit Used By A Family Member?

You are safe as long as you have not used the public benefit yourself even if any of your dependent household member has used them.

Public Benefits

1. Any cash benefits for income maintenance
  2. Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
  3. Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
  4. Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP)
  5. Most forms of Medicaid
  6. Housing Assistance under the Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program
  7. Project-Based Rental Assistance, and certain other forms of subsidized housing

Public Charge Exceptions

1. Active duty or Ready Reserve component of the U.S. armed forces, and their spouses and children
  2. Certain International Adoptees and children acquiring U.S. citizenship
  3. Medicaid for aliens under 21 and pregnant women
  4. Medicaid for school-based services (including services provided under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) and
  5. Medicaid benefits for emergency medical services.
  6. Victims of qualifying criminal activity (U non-immigrants)
  7. Certain trafficking victims (T non-immigrants)
  8. Special Immigrant Juveniles (SIJs)
  9. Victims of domestic violence (VAWA self-petitioners)
  10. Humanitarian-based immigration programs for refugees, asylees

Ivanni new applications ki after this rule I think next 60 days lo. Old applications safe. Meeru kangaru fadakandi fafam vaallani pettakandi. 99% H1b ki yekkada bokka padadu. 

1 hour ago, AndhraneedSCS said:

Schools are funded by County kada. More over it comes from property tax so dont think its public charge in any way 

Yes, Education is responsibility of the individual states, it doesn't come under federal