MS Dhoni to retire? Kohli tweet sparks speculations

Kool_SRG

Indian captain Virat Kohli on Thursday took to social media to remind everyone of India's famous victory over Australia in the World T20 2016 when MS Dhoni made him run hard for singles and doubles.

EEPdP7YU0AA4Ktd-770x433.jpeg?DTxrYqt295T

HIGHLIGHTS

• Virat Kohli shared the picture on Twitter and Instagram
  • Kohli called the game as one he can never forget
  • Kohli also said that during the game, MS Dhoni made him run like in a fitness test

Virat Kohli on Thursday shared a photo from India's famous win over Australia in the 2016 World T20, in which he can be seen with then captain MS Dhoni. Kohli expressed his joy over the win captioning the picture: 'A game I can never forget. Special night. This man, made me run like in a fitness test'.

It's apparent that Dhoni and Kohli were at the crease as India pulled off a difficult chase of 161 with a number of quick singles and doubles. Kohli's remarks with respect to Dhoni in his social media post are referring to the same as the duo completed a remarkable victory for their side on a 'special night'

Meanwhile, Virat Kohli's tweet sparked rumours that MS Dhoni might announce his retirement soon. However, there has been no official confirmation of any such move.

Dhoni had retired from Tests in 2014 and had stepped down as India's limited-overs captain in early 2017. He has since not had the best time with the bat but continues to be among the world's best wicketkeepers. Dhoni's use of the DRS and his sharp tactical acumen make him a huge asset to the Indian team.

Kohli produced a sublime 82 not out off 51 balls to help India defeat Australia by six wickets and advance to the semifinals. Kohli took charge at a crucial time in what was a virtual quarterfinal, smashing 9 fours and 2 sixes as India reached 161-4 off 19.1 overs in reply to Australia's 160-6.

The No. 3 batsman added 67 off only 31 deliveries with captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni (18 not out) after a useful 45-run stand for the fourth wicket with Yuvraj Singh (21) as India scored 59 runs in the last 4.1 overs of the Group 2 game.

Kohli, who had also guided India to a six-wicket win over Pakistan with 55 not out, remained calm during his 15th T20 half-century after Shikhar Dhawan (13), Rohit Sharma (12) and Suresh Raina (10) failed to get going with India struggling at 49-3 in the eighth over.

Kohli batted himself in with Yuvraj and then took the initiative, smashing 19 off the 18th over bowled by James Faulkner and 16 off the 19th from Nathan Coulter-Nile to the delight of more than 25,000 fans.

Dhoni hit Faulkner for a four down the ground to complete a memorable win that set up the 2007 champions against 2012 winners West Indies in the semifinals in Mumbai.

Virat Kohli rated the innings among his top three. This is what he has to say at the post-match ceremony. No prizes for guessing the Man of the Match.

"Thank you. Firstly, I would like to thank the crowd for coming out and supporting us; the support today was unbelievable. They (the crowd) push you through tough times. This is what you play cricket for. You don't like these situations because they are tough. I don't know what to say, because I am overwhelmed by the situation we were in and to win from there was quite an effort. MS kept me calm in the end; I could have got overexcited. Overall good team effort and very happy with my personal contribution.

"Yuvraj wanted to see where he was going after he twisted his ankle. But he stuck in and a few boundaries helped, and then he decided to go for the team's cause. He perished but he made a great call. He wasn't able to push as you want him to push as a runner. He's such an explosive player that you don't want to have him at 60-70 percent. Dhoni and I have always run well between the wickets. We have a great understanding of where to hit the ball. You do that gym fitness for this. When I'm tired, I should be able to run as fast as when I'm on zero. All those trainings paid off today. This innings has to be in the Top 3. But I am a bit emotional, so I will put this on top."

@JANASENA    @MRI

@timmy     @former    @MRI    @reality    @Sucker     @Kontekurradu       @Naaperushiva       @r2d2

@perugu_vada     @argadorn   @gilly      @dalapathi    @Demigod  @Ara_Tenkai  @CricPokChic    

MS Dhoni set to retire? Rumours of former skipper calling for press conference today go viral

As MS Dhoni became one of the trending topics on Twitter, speculations are rife that the Ranchi cricketer might hang his boots. It has been speculated that Dhoni has called for a presser today.

1568278484-MS_Dhoni_ODI_hit_AP002.jpg?d=

Mahendra Singh Dhoni might be away from international cricket, but whenever the Indian team takes the field without their former captain, fans and experts cannot but think and discuss Dhoni’s future. While Dhoni is on a sabbatical, his international future remains to be a hot topic of discussion. Many believed that the ICC World Cup 2019 was the end of his career but Dhoni didn’t hang up his boots and requested the BCCI for a 2-month leave to serve the Parachute Regiment of the Indian army. Social media is abuzz with messages that Dhoni has called for a press conference at 7 pm on Thursday where he will announce the decision to hang his boots.

Since the World Cup 2019, the selectors have made it clear that Dhoni is being looked upon as a back up while Rishabh Pant is being seen as India’s full-time glovesman across formats. 

The BCCI is yet to confirm any news regarding Dhoni’s retirement. While announcing India's squad for the West Indies tour, chief selector MSK Prasad clarified that Dhoni had informed the board about his decision to take a break from cricket. “Retirement is purely individual (decision). A legendary cricketer like Dhoni, he knows when to retire. What is the future course of action, that is in the hands of the selection committee. I don’t think we need to discuss anything more on it. First of all he is not available. Second, we have already started grooming youngsters,” Prasad told reporters.

Just now, CuteDesiGal said:

Okavela retire ayithe veediki ayina manchi farewell istharo ledho. Manavallu very bad at doing farewells.

veediki estahru akada undhi vadi shishyudu kohli .... bottu petti pampistahru le dont worry 

2 hours ago, Kool_SRG said:

@JANASENA    @MRI

@timmy     @former    @MRI    @reality    @Sucker     @Kontekurradu       @Naaperushiva       @r2d2

@perugu_vada     @argadorn   @gilly      @dalapathi    @Demigod  @Ara_Tenkai  @CricPokChic    

dho.png