Half of TSRTC to go private

hyperbole

5 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

public transportation is a public utility too, just like education. 

its not a case of one or the other. you don't have to fire 50k drivers to hire 50k teachers.

I don't understand what it has to do with any ratio. privatizin this would solve what? this is alerady a loss making corporation (every public transport is), and banks won't lend to private players too (in the current economic environment). then the govt would be left with no other way than to raise prices to attract competition.

when was the last time you saw govt running a public transportation? it is always some kind of a corporation run under a govt. but not directly run by a govt.

1 minute ago, crashnburn said:

what kind of automation did the employees resist? anything that makes their jobs easier, or something that takes their job away?

you are okay with the politics your leader does to get elected, but hate politics that workers do to just survive?

conductors - why do they need a conductor on long routes? 

1 minute ago, hyperbole said:

babu moshai.2009 stats pattukoni em ekutunnavu

they got 25% in 2009 and 44% raise in 2015. touch leni topics lo gelkoku

nenu cheppindhey naaku chepthunnava. 2009 ani nenu already acknowledge chesa kadha.

even 25% in 2009, and 44% in 2015 will put the number for a driver's salary at 37k. This is the highest salary a driver can get. Not all drivers will get it.

where did you pull that 52k out from? that too as avg salary.

neeku touch baaga undhi ga topic meedha. naaku cheppiy. nerchukoni, noru mooskunta.

Just now, hyperbole said:

conductors - why do they need a conductor on long routes? 

ah. so ease that job out of existence as conductors retire. what's the big deal?

3 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

when was the last time you saw govt running a public transportation? it is always some kind of a corporation run under a govt. but not directly run under a govt

okay. so how does that demand make it okay to fire and privatize public transport?

5 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

when was the last time you saw govt running a public transportation? it is always some kind of a corporation run under a govt. but not directly run under a govt

There are attempts to run public transportation as a direct wing of the govt. European cities are trying it. Finland has it.

6 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

nenu cheppindhey naaku chepthunnava. 2009 ani nenu already acknowledge chesa kadha.

even 25% in 2009, and 44% in 2015 will put the number for a driver's salary at 37k. This is the highest salary a driver can get. Not all drivers will get it.

where did you pull that 52k out from? that too as avg salary.

neeku touch baaga undhi ga topic meedha. naaku cheppiy. nerchukoni, noru mooskunta.

starting salary of a driver is 36k.

even for a private driver they are paying 30k

https://www.indeed.co.in/salaries/Bus-Driver-Salaries,-Telangana

17 minutes ago, kidney said:

ii RTC unions chesinanni strikes, inka vere ae Govt Owned Sectors cheyyaru..

GHMC, Govt Teachers.. andaru silient ga evari pani vallu chesukuntaru.. Except these.

Even If Strikes ki Genuine reasons vunna kuda, KChR regime lo mathram Black-mail padathi work avvadhu. They could have postponed from Festival Season atleast to workout smoothly with KChR.

Ae Rosaih or Baboru, KKR Regime lo work aiyyedhemo

Ye vaademina devudaa? Nee banchan dora ankunta undalna vaditho. Undeclared slaves aipoindra meeru already. Painundi oodipaddada vadu? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

okay. so how does that demand make it okay to fire and privatize public transport?

who said anything about firing, it is just a scare tactic either it works or doesn’t work and so far it appears to be working in favor of the govt, eventually all the employees will report to work either compromised with the status quo or not is the question left to be answered 

6 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

There are attempts to run public transportation as a direct wing of the govt. European cities are trying it. Finland has it.

we know how this ends up in a country like India. prevention is better than cure later

2 minutes ago, hyperbole said:

who said anything about firing, it is just a scare tactic either it works or doesn’t work and so far it appears to be working in favor of the govt

I'm talking purely about firing, and privatizing the RTC, which is a pathetic thing if it happens. if you think this is just deal making, lets see.

1 minute ago, hyperbole said:

we know how this ends up in a country like India. prevention is better than cure later

I don't know what you know. I think public transportation being a govt arm is super. I enjoyed free bus rides in Finland. I also enjoy traveling in Indian trains, and shudder at the thought of privatizing them.

2 minutes ago, crashnburn said:

dude. I thought you pulled your number from some govt report. 

not crowdsourced crap.

that’s what I am saying that crap is not updated since 2009.