Are religious conversions bad?

Pillipilla

3 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Adhi ok... kaani thanu Asian abbayini chesukundhani cheppindhi maree valla religion ki convert ayinda leda ani doubt 🤔

Kani resume lo inka @BetaCat ane pettindhi ani kopam tho oogipotho kuppi ganthulesthunna @prasadr

6 hours ago, Pillipilla said:

Well, isn't religion a choice...so what's wrong if someone changes their religion for monetary benefits? If you're concerned about changing the local culture, aren't we doing the same thing by immigrating to this country and bringing our culture with us? Shouldn't it all be a part of Globalization? 

Unna religion meeda nammakam ledu and not getting peace of mind ante maarali. Money kosam maaradam endi? Ante previous religion ekkuva dabbulu iste ghar wapasi na? Soul selling panulu avi. Period.

1 hour ago, prasadr said:

@Pillipilla

Did you get your answer now?

Or do you still have any doubts why conversions are bad in India?

I still think that deserting your country is similar to switching your religion. Infact, deserting your country is worse because you pay taxes to someone else. 

4 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

I still think that deserting your country is similar to switching your religion. Infact, deserting your country is worse because you pay taxes to someone else. 

Deserting country endi? Remittance evadiki istaru? India lo investments evariki istaru? Parents yearly USA trips/comforts ki evaru istaru? Pelli/functions grand ga India lo ne ga chesedi. Avi evariki istaru?

1 minute ago, Iriswest said:

Deserting country endi? Remittance evadiki istaru? India lo investments evariki istaru? Parents yearly USA trips/comforts ki evaru istaru? Pelli/functions grand ga India lo ne ga chesedi. Avi evariki istaru?

It's true, a country is an entity. Religion is not. Hinduism will not get anything because I am a Hindu. But India will get something if I was Indian. 

1 hour ago, DummyVariable said:

Inthaki @Pillipilla pelli chesukoni convert ayinda ledha?

I don't need to be married to convert. I used to be an orthodox Hindu. After college, I became an atheist. Later in graduate school, I became agnostic, because I realized that logically even though I can't prove the existence of God, I cannot disprove the existence of God either. 

Just now, Pillipilla said:

I don't need to be married to convert. I used to be an orthodox Hindu. After college, I became an atheist. Later in graduate school, I became agnostic, because I realized that logically even though I can't prove the existence of God, I cannot disprove the existence of God either. 

Pk gadi lekka tayaru ayanu antav

1 minute ago, Pillipilla said:

It's true, a country is an entity. Religion is not. Hinduism will not get anything because I am a Hindu. But India will get something if I was Indian. 

Immigrate aithe in no way you are deserting a country or its people. But if you change religion you are selling your values passed on by a previous generation. Oke devudu unnadu. Andaru palu rakaluga poojistaru oke devudini. Adedo mana previous generation traditions ni continue cheste our parents will feel happy about it too.

9 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

Immigrate aithe in no way you are deserting a country or its people. But if you change religion you are selling your values passed on by a previous generation. Oke devudu unnadu. Andaru palu rakaluga poojistaru oke devudini. Adedo mana previous generation traditions ni continue cheste our parents will feel happy about it too.

Religion is a choice that affirms your beliefs and when you can change your beliefs, your religion can also change. Since when is changing your belief considered a crime? And traditions are different than religion. I don't have to be a Hindu to celebrate Diwali or a Christian to celebrate Christmas. 

3 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

Can you either prove or disprove the existence of God?

You cannot. But there are too many coincidences for human life to happen. And there is a force which drives life on earth to propagate and evolve. No one knows why is that. 

15 minutes ago, Pillipilla said:

Can you either prove or disprove the existence of God?

God anedhi oka belief and the more ideal you r the more closer you can be to go ( irrespective of religion ) . Eventually you will reach to God , it cannot be an overnight things or 10 years thing. 

Sun ni nake eye tho  oka 2  minutes choodu  in the afternoon time , devudu kanipistadu