sbi online access doubt ?

ram4a

4 minutes ago, ram4a said:

Can we do online banking with US number, account India lo father di...i Am a joint account holder kaani appati india number undii...do they change it to US number if we ask ?

they will not allow OTPs to foreign numbers if it is not an NRE or NRO account.. You cannot login to your online banking account without OTP enabled.

So you cannot do Online Banking without India number....

The easiest way I operate this being in USA is ... generating online OTP ... there is an SBI OTP app and you can generate OTP using that and use it for login.. you don’t need any India or foreign number

7 minutes ago, ram4a said:

Can we do online banking with US number, account India lo father di...i Am a joint account holder kaani appati india number undii...do they change it to US number if we ask ?

Is this possible to send sbi net banking otp in email?

As of now, there is an option visible in the SBI transation’s OTP page to get the OTP via e-mail/SMS. Alternatively, one can download the “SBI Secure OTP” app on their smartphones, which generated OTP’s on the phone without the need for network connection.

In some cases (like sometime ago in my case), my registered mobile number is in India and I’m living abroad. So even if I receive SMS on my Indian mobile number, I cannot see it or use it. To solve this, I enabled the option of “sync text” inside e-mail account settings on my Android phone. So, when an OTP is received in my phone in India, it is forwarded to my e-mail automatically by my phone, which is read by me sitting abroad. May be this helps at some situations like these. There are many such apps available for smartphones which forward SMSes to e-mail. It just need to be explored in the phone’s app stores.

Yes it is!!

1. Log in to your SBI account through onlinesbi.com
  2. Go to “Profile” option in “My Accounts & Profile”
  3. Select “High Security Options” and enter your Profile password (you have reset it if you have forgotten it already)
  4. In the following page there will be an option to choose your “Mode of Authentication though OTP”. Just choose “Both SMS and email” and you are done
  5. The OTP will be sent to your registered email via an encrypted pdf. The password will be whatever your registered mobile number is without the country code (for example if your registered mobile number is +91–9998887776 just enter 9998887776 as the password.

Hope I helped!

See if these posts from Quora helps you guess you're looking to get OTP..

3 hours ago, Anta Assamey said:

The easiest way I operate this being in USA is ... generating online OTP ... there is an SBI OTP app and you can generate OTP using that and use it for login.. you don’t need any India or foreign number

First time “SBI Secure OTP” App install chesukunnappudu andulo em details ivvali. Does it send OTP to registered mobile first time when we set up App on mobile. Please walk us through

3 hours ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

they will not allow OTPs to foreign numbers if it is not an NRE or NRO account.. You cannot login to your online banking account without OTP enabled.

200% correct. Only NRE/NRO accounts ke foreign mobile numbers update chestaru. Indian Resident account ki india number e undali. Evaro paina sbi secure otp app tho cheyyochu ani post esaru let’s ask him how to set up that first time

2 hours ago, Merabharathmahan said:

200% correct. Only NRE/NRO accounts ke foreign mobile numbers update chestaru. Indian Resident account ki india number e undali. Evaro paina sbi secure otp app tho cheyyochu ani post esaru let’s ask him how to set up that first time

Inthaku mundu email ki OTP sending option undedi ... ippudu ledu... adi untey baguntadi

5 hours ago, Quickgun_murugan said:

you can use US  mob # I am  using mine ... ask the branch manager to do the changes.

p.s mine is not an NRE or NRO accnt

3 hours ago, Merabharathmahan said:

First time “SBI Secure OTP” App install chesukunnappudu andulo em details ivvali. Does it send OTP to registered mobile first time when we set up App on mobile. Please walk us through

Only once it’s sends an OTP for registering your app but after that OTP comes in the app