Glenn Maxwell opens up on mental health issues, reveals his partner Vini Raman was first to take notice

Beardman

https://www.timesnownews.com/sports/cricket/article/glenn-maxwell-opens-up-on-mental-health-issues-reveals-his-partner-vini-raman-was-first-to-take-notice/527105

The whole cricketing universe welcomed back Glenn Maxwell with open arms as the Australian all-rounder announced his return to the sport after taking a brief break citing mental health issues. The 32-year-old stayed away from the game for a couple of months and took care of his mental health, having lived 'out of the suitcase' for 8 months. After announcing his decision to resume on-field responsibilities, Maxwell revealed that his partner Vini Raman was the first to take notice of the mental fatigue.

"I’ve been getting back into the swing of things for a while. I think I was pretty cooked. I decided to take some time off and a big reason as to why I took that time away was because I was mentally and physically ruined from I think it was eight months on the road and living out of a suitcase," Maxwell told reporters after confirming of his participation in the upcoming Big Bash League.

Maxi's decision was received very well within as well as outside the Australian cricketing spectrum. Be it Cricket Australia, the player's teammates or even rival players like Virat Kohli, all lauded the veteran all-rounder to speaking up on the sensitive matter and decided to take a break.

Maxwell also thanked CA and his domestic teams for giving him the time and space to re-align himself.

"That had probably been going on for four or five years being on the road. It just all caught up with me at that time and I really want to thank Cricket Australia, Cricket Victoria and the (Melbourne) Stars for giving me that space and having that time away from the game.