Sign in to follow this  
problem

How to claim social security and Medicare taxes

Recommended Posts

problem

hi all, I worked in USA for 9 yrs and moved to india permanently few mths back.....now I have no intention in going back to us......how can I claim the social security and Medicare taxes, is there a way to claim that amt, please let me know if anyone did this or help me with the process 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badi_Chowdi

Calling @Spartan

Ilanti klistamaina samacharam kavalante  spartan kaka ravalsinde...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tellugodu
10 minutes ago, problem said:

hi all, I worked in USA for 9 yrs and moved to india permanently few mths back.....now I have no intention in going back to us......how can I claim the social security and Medicare taxes, is there a way to claim that amt, please let me know if anyone did this or help me with the process 

Is there any reason you left USA  permanently ??  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
phoeniix

Did you check your points in myssa.gov if your points is 40 I think you are eligible ... but I will leave it for experts to comment on this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
problem
2 hours ago, phoeniix said:

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10137.pdf

Refer to this I think only GC or US citizens are eligible for this .... but it might help 

Ok will check that, is there any way for h1 to claim that spcial security and medicare taxes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frozen
1 hour ago, problem said:

Ok will check that, is there any way for h1 to claim that spcial security and medicare taxes

5. If you are a citizen of one of the countries listed in the chart below, we will continue to pay your benefits outside the United States if:
a) You are receiving benefits based on your own earnings, and you earned at least 40 credits under the U.S. Social Security system
or lived at least 10 years in the United States.
b) You are receiving benefits as a dependent or survivor of a worker who earned at least 40 credits under the U.S. Social Security system or lived in the United States for at least 10 years. You must also meet the conditions under the heading “Additional residency requirements for dependents and survivors” in this publication.
INDIA

— if you earn 40 credits then you are eligible..!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
perugu_vada
3 hours ago, Frozen said:

5. If you are a citizen of one of the countries listed in the chart below, we will continue to pay your benefits outside the United States if:
a) You are receiving benefits based on your own earnings, and you earned at least 40 credits under the U.S. Social Security system
or lived at least 10 years in the United States.
b) You are receiving benefits as a dependent or survivor of a worker who earned at least 40 credits under the U.S. Social Security system or lived in the United States for at least 10 years. You must also meet the conditions under the heading “Additional residency requirements for dependents and survivors” in this publication.
INDIA

— if you earn 40 credits then you are eligible..!

Nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this