eh1 home owners randi va

ramabeer

37 minutes ago, Jombo0108 said:

Hey bro, give me straight. Why did you become a home owner? Is it worth the risk , given our temporary immigration status ... 

If u stay here for 10+ years on h1b (in most cases you do) it is good idea to own a house than rent when u r paying more or less the same amount every month. Rent payment is coverted into ur mortgage payment and you have an investment and a property. If you are leave the country, sell it off. 

35 minutes ago, Jombo0108 said:

Hey bro, give me straight. Why did you become a home owner? Is it worth the risk , given our temporary immigration status ... 

Let's park the immigration status. Endukantey USA ni vellipomani cheppina neeku illu ammesi velley time untadi. In case amme time ivvakappoyina, there are ways to sell ur house after moving to india.

Coming to my scenario. I bought my first house in bay area as investment in 2014. Ippudu almost double ayindi. 

Kondari vishayam lo (atleast in bay area), valla salary tho savings Kanna house appreciation ekkuva chaala

29 minutes ago, ForEverJava said:

Original intent was temporary but as soon soon as u file 140 its not temporary u know ..h1b is dual intent for your info..and when u stay like 6months to 3 yrs its temporary but when u stay 10 yrs 15 yr or 20yrs on h1b its not temporary u are giviing more than half of young life to America thats not temporary..u are married here and getting kids and kids growing they are going to college kids creating family and raising kids here also  ..thats not temporary btw..i know some ppl still on h1b after 18 to 20 yrs still on h1b too..so h1 as temporary is very subjective term..it become dual intent as soon as u file 140 which is immigrant petition just fyi..

Good response bro.. totally makes sense 

13 minutes ago, OreyPandhi said:

If u stay here for 10+ years on h1b (in most cases you do) it is good idea to own a house than rent when u r paying more or less the same amount every month. Rent payment is coverted into ur mortgage payment and you have an investment and a property. If you are leave the country, sell it off. 

Not true. Ippudu Vani aunty la 1 million house konni 5 or 10 percent down payment chesi Interest rate and maintenance chsuthe no profit  . 35 years term lo 1 million house they will pay too much and no profit moddable. IT jobs are temporary and I see people selling houses in recession or pandemic times. I saw people who has lost money on housing in US with immigration issues.Houses are very cheap now by corona effect . US will be attacked ippudu coronna next bluemoon and US is not a considered safe country for real estate business. 

1 hour ago, OreyPandhi said:

How about taxes and maintenance costs bro? on average they come around 5k $ per year i guess for every state

After 20% down if

rent >= emi and you stay in place for 5 years BUY it 

rent < emi if you are planning to stay for 5 years but based on your risk appetiate

rent << emi buy only if you have a passion to have your own home 

Just now, ennnna chata said:

After 20% down if

rent < emi if you are planning to stay for 5 years but based on your risk appetiate

this is my opinion and every person is different and no one is sure what will happen in next 2 yeats 

2 minutes ago, ennnna chata said:

After 20% down if

It all depends man. Buying a house not just about avoiding rent.  Its like an investment. What ever u said is true if the housing market is stable with 1-2% growth every year. 
also when u renting a home, you can even adjust in single bedroom apt which is not the case with own house. 

bay area ki aithey nee analysis work avvadu. In my case i paid more than 2 times the rent for the first year after purchasing the home because of pmi and etc. even now its 50% more than rent. But its not a loss since home price went up by almost 100% since i bought the house.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, r2d2 said:

Keeping everything aside.. once you own a home you tend to buy stuff that you don’t actually need.. expenses will grow significantly if the house size is bigger.. 

Idhi aithey pakka.