90k(March)-140k(May)-170k(July)-198k(August)-220k(November)

JambaKrantu

12 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

Bought them at $545. Now at $2020.

My wife's dad brought 100 shares back when it was around 200 apparently, and got 50 on her name. 

I missed the bus, although I had money to spend then. Didn't think it was going to have this much of a run, seemed unlikely then

Just now, zarathustra said:

My wife's dad brought 100 shares back when it was around 200 apparently, and got 50 on her name. 

I missed the bus, although I had money to spend then. Didn't think it was going to have this much of a run, seemed unlikely then

it seems unlikely to hold now...there is no logical reason for it to run from mid thousand to current price just bcoz of split

32 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

31 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

it seems unlikely to hold now...there is no logical reason for it to run from mid thousand to current price just bcoz of split

TSLA has that cult following now like Apple. After apple introduced touch screen phones, Samsung and most of the vendors announced similar phones but Apple is still going strong today and people line up before Apple store for days together to buy their products. TSLA is a similar state now, they are getting ready to expand in a lot of other countries and people are ready to line up to buy their products. As long as they maintain their quality they have no where but to go up. If TSLA announces a new car or product people will pre-order the product months in advance and wait for TSLA to deliver. Sometime it's not just the current earnings and profit, it's about the future potential. 

1 minute ago, JambaKrantu said:

TSLA has that cult following now like Apple. After apple introduced touch screen phones, Samsung and most of the vendors announced similar phones but Apple is still going strong today and people line up before Apple store for days together to buy their products. TSLA is a similar state now, they are getting ready to expand in a lot of other countries and people are ready to line up to buy their products. As long as they maintain their quality they have no where but to go up. If TSLA announces a new car or product people will pre-order the product months in advance and wait for TSLA to deliver. Sometime it's not just the current earnings and profit, it's about the future potential. 

uncle. I have a transformer type robotics startup in the works. I'm gonna kick Tesla's arse, with flying cars that can transform into bikes and boats too. 

11 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

not exactly right...you are investing in the company...apple kept raising because of iphone and avg span of a iphone customer is 2-3 yrs and its just the phone is $1000 on an avg....and the avg margin for apple is 40-60% which is pure profit...where as in case of tesla the avg span people change their car is 12 yrs..and for the margins part I am not sure what telsa is making but I am damn sure it will be some where around 5-15% (being a luxury brand margin for BWM is 7% i guess)...and once its starts its mass production it will loose its exclusivity...I agree buying telsa and its future...but not at any cost

31 minutes ago, idibezwada said:

not exactly right...you are investing in the company...apple kept raising because of iphone and avg span of a iphone customer 2-3 yrs and its just the phone is $1000 on an avg....and the avg margin for apple is 40-60% which is pure profit...where as in case of tesla the avg span people change their car is 12 yrs..and for the margins part I am not sure what telsa is making but I am damn sure it will be some where around 5-15% (being a luxury brand margin for BWM is 7% i guess)...and once its starts its mass production it will loose its exclusivity...I agree buying telsa and its future...but not at any cost

It's not just the one time process of making the car and selling it. It's the eco system you can build around it..

Leaving the eco system part aside, let's say a customer upgrades every 2 years and spends $1000 on an iPhone and apple makes 40% profit which is $400, in 10 years Apple can make 400x5 upgrades= $2000 on each loyal customer in 10 years. Think about a TSLA that costs 50k and assuming a loyal customer buys and upgrades only once every 10 years, even with a 10% profit margin TSLA will make 5000 per loyal customer which is much higher than apple in this case. Also as these cars start aging there are a lot of opportunities for revenue like software upgrades, spare parts, subscription services and so on.. off course apple has the same through apps, apples to apples comparison people needs cars as much as they need phones in this generation. Being the fashionable trend setter there is a lot of potential apart from the core business of making and selling cars. 

40 minutes ago, JambaKrantu said:

It's not just the one time process of making the car and selling it. It's the eco system you can build around it..

Leaving the eco system part aside, let's say a customer upgrades every 2 years and spends $1000 on an iPhone and apples makes 40% profit which is $400, in 10 years Apple can make 400x5 upgrades= $2000 on each loyal customer in 10 years. Think about a TSLA that costs 50k and assuming a loyal customer buys and upgrades only once every 10 years, even with a 10% profit margin TSLA will make 5000 per loyal customer which is much higher than apple in this case. Also as these cars start aging there are a lot of opportunities for revenue like software upgrades, spare parts, subscription services and so on.. off course apple has the same through apps, apples to apples comparison people needs cars as much as they need phones in this generation. Being the fashionable trend setter there is a lot of potential apart from the core business of making and selling cars. 

as per your example...apple makes 2000 on each loyal customer...so if we do it for 1 million people and assuming 4 people for a family...its a total of 250k families...say half of it can afford a premium phone...125k and 50% of it will opt for an iphone...assume its 60k....its 60k families and even if only the 3 out of 4 go with an iphone its a profit of $6000 ballpark 

Lets take tesla...250k families...how many of it can afford a 45K car?..how many who families who can afford will chose a tesla? and how many cars per family?...you are the bull ...so you tell me

1 hour ago, chanchala said:

uncle. I have a transformer type robotics startup in the works. I'm gonna kick Tesla's arse, with flying cars that can transform into bikes and boats too. 

does they transform into ass as well, it will help you if it does #JustAsking

9 hours ago, JambaKrantu said:

Went straight from 195k to 199k today morning.. 

Funny part I am still in RED on LUV and DAL, Hopefully once the vaccine is out and travel resumes, these stocks will double too and take me to 220 to 240K

bhayya congrats... but with 90k in march... you should have made 500k to 1million by now easily. with the volataility we had..  i am not sure what you missed or traded.

myself i started in june with 30k .. now with 20k profits.