Dad got covid

AryaD

15 minutes ago, AryaD said:

Infection enni days lo tagutundhi. Malli covid test cheyinchaala?

Steroids isthaaru first & then Medication starts. 

After 5 - 7 days lo you will see the improvement .  covid test malli cheyakapovachu but based on blood & other test results  , they will get an idea. 

4 hours ago, AryaD said:

My dad discharged from the hospital today after 12 days.  Are there any thing I should watch for post discharge ? Is it necessary to do covid test one more time? Should I expect fluctuations in the oxygen level? How long does it take to heal the infection in the lungs?

Maintain oxygen concentrator at home instead of having cylinders option. 

no need of Covid test again unless he has symptoms again. 

fluctuations - could be, but ask him to avoid over stress/work. always keep checking Oxygen level every hour with Oximeter. Strictly no more outing for atleast 2 months. 

The more they eat, the more better it is !!

On 9/8/2020 at 8:59 PM, Manikyam said:

halwa okade anukuna, chala mandi unnaru intellectuals

tappaka follow avvali

President Trump acknowledged Wednesday that he intentionally played down the deadly nature of the rapidly spreading coronavirus last winter as an attempt to avoid a “frenzy,” part of an escalating damage-control effort by his top advisers to contain the fallout from a forthcoming book by The Washington Post’s Bob Woodward.

Trump’s comments came hours after excerpts from the book and audio of some of the 18 separate interviews he conducted with the author were released, fueling a sense of outrage over the president’s blunt description of knowing that he was not telling the truth about a virus that has killed nearly 190,000 Americans.

On 9/2/2020 at 3:32 PM, AryaD said:

My dad was diagnosed with covid 4 days ago and he is on oxygen support from the past 3 days. His oxygen saturation level was 88 when he was diagnosed .after 3 days it was 97 without oxygen support. He was off the oxygen support on 4th day and by the end of the day it fell down to 88-90 again. Feeling very tensed and keeping hope. Age 66 with diabetes.  Does it take few days to recover? Please share your experiences .

Dont worry bro, maa dad ki kooda ochindi and he is fine now. News telisaaka ucha padindi what should I do ani. Just be positive and talk to them when ever possible. He will be fine.

On 9/9/2020 at 8:05 AM, tom bhayya said:

@Assam_Bhayya ki carona virus is hoax so regular flu ney dems and other dhanni edho deadly virus la chepthunnaru 

I never said Karrona is hoax bhayya, all i said is the response created for that is hoax and a panic situation deliberately created for with the interest groups with their own agenda

4 minutes ago, Assam_Bhayya said:

I never said Karrona is hoax bhayya, all i said is the response created for that is hoax and a panic situation deliberately created for with the interest groups with their own agenda

They overestimated the leathality of the virus ,  makes sense since we did not have concrete evidence on what the virus could do and who it might have severe effect on .

Was it overblown ? Yes 

Was it necessary at that time ? I think so

6 hours ago, jajjanaka_jandri said:

Dont worry bro, maa dad ki kooda ochindi and he is fine now. News telisaaka ucha padindi what should I do ani. Just be positive and talk to them when ever possible. He will be fine.

Discharge tarvatha active ga vunnara mee dad? Maa nannna neerasam gane vundhi antunnaru discharge tarvatha.

24 minutes ago, Kool_SRG said:

It takes bit of time bro.. Guess you have mentioned he is diabetic right. 

Have his blood test done, ask to check hemoglobin levels if there is dip will feel weak. 

Ask him to have beetroot, dates, pomegranate regularly if prescribed by doctor iron tablets.. 

can you guys write about how it was diagnosed, how did you figure out which hospital to go to... treatment they got, expenses So that it can be like a guide, how to and what to expect when someone In the future gets COVID

48 minutes ago, KATHRI said:

can you guys write about how it was diagnosed, how did you figure out which hospital to go to... treatment they got, expenses So that it can be like a guide, how to and what to expect when someone In the future gets COVID

Its not kind of we have personal experience.

If you feel having issues first thing is to have consultation with your regular doctor, then if required can go for testing. Don't be afraid that normal health issues are possibly also is due to Corona.

Testing using RT-PCR (Swab Test) is preferred now even if you want to test done privately it costs around 2500 rupees for person.

Testing for Corona now is not much of a issue, you can check here for authorized testing labs. 

https://www.icmr.gov.in/pdf/covid/labs/COVID_Testing_Labs_09092020.pdf

You can contact state helplines for guidance, if found positive they will guide you further one main thing is don't start panicking unnecessarily for small Cold/Cough/Fever which are bit common in this monsoon season.

3 hours ago, Kool_SRG said:

It takes bit of time bro.. Guess you have mentioned he is diabetic right. 

Have his blood test done, ask to check hemoglobin levels if there is dip will feel weak. 

Ask him to have beetroot, dates, pomegranate regularly, if prescribed by doctor iron tablets.. 

Yes since my dada is using steroids there is sudden spike in his sugar levels. He started taking his insulin shots and and feeling better today. Do you know   How to arrange oxygen supply at home ?Are there any oxygen rental services available ?

On 9/8/2020 at 10:41 PM, ZoomNaidu said:

Maintain oxygen concentrator at home instead of having cylinders option. 

no need of Covid test again unless he has symptoms again. 

fluctuations - could be, but ask him to avoid over stress/work. always keep checking Oxygen level every hour with Oximeter. Strictly no more outing for atleast 2 months. 

The more they eat, the more better it is !!

How much does oxygen concentrator cost? Amazon shows 60k rupees. Any source or medical agency Who can supply oxygen to home?

2 hours ago, AryaD said:

Yes since my dada is using steroids there is sudden spike in his sugar levels. He started taking his insulin shots and and feeling better today. Do you know   How to arrange oxygen supply at home ?Are there any oxygen rental services available ?

Yes they will be available... Which place its needed so that can check and let you know.