asalu ee H1B lo untea, future planing yala??

kasi

10 hours ago, kasi said:

i have been baffled and confused for about an year now, asalu ee H1B untea(GC lite lea inka).....future yala plan cheyali???

india lo invest cheyala(real estate n rents), leka ikkada US pettala???(malli GC appudu business taxes vala emyna issues iythayemo)

asalu meeru yala chesthuranu......i mean retirement life ni yala planing meeru??or atleast for the next 10yrs financial plans unataya meeku???

i am not talking about bachelors, im talking about people married for at least 5yrs 

When you die, you don’t take money with you. Enjoy your hard earned money and invest wisely

6 minutes ago, phatposts said:

After few years this is what I came to terms with myself and my situation:

PD 2013, been hear for 10+ years. Bought a small home in India few years ago, 2 chillar investments in India - one went very bad. One is good. 

What I realized over time for myself is  - Unless you do not believe in the US investment methods you should never say investing in US is bad. If you do not like it thats OK. I am not trying to change your mind. 

If real estate is your thing - investing in Indian RE especially apartments and renting them is a horrible instrument. If you are buying in the early stages of a construction development and plan on selling in 5 years then it might make sense. The risk is high there too but you should invest with an informed mindset rather than simply say I should not have done that 5 years ago. 

Rather than investing in Class A properties - if you can look in to investments in Class B/C the overall cash flow in the US is really really good. If you do not like to be a landlord give it to management companies who does the work and you pay a fee. As long as numbers you should look in to it. Every aspect of investment has risk/reward. You need to answer that to yourself. 

Stock market also same - individual stocks lo invest cheyyadam teliyaka poina, ishtam leka poyina you should still have a % of your savings in the market. Look in to Large Cap Index funds like SP500, SPY, VTSAX, FXAIX etc. 

Real estate + stock market combo kavalante - Look in to REITs. Next 12 months Commercial REITs risk chala ekkuva. 

For gold investors - never ever buy bullion. Invest in ETFs that are completely gold driven. Makes your life easier in every aspect - storage, commission, loss %, intlo vaallu ornaments cheyinchakunda etc. 

I strongly believe in the retirement options here in the US that are tax advantaged like 401k, Roth IRA, HSA etc. Last 5-6 years lo matrame nenu aa vishayam realize ayyanu and most of my wealth is because of those accounts. 

If you are starting it makes a lot of sense to understand the different vehicles and instruments. It is confusing to start but do not let that confusion kill your deal. Once you break that point it gets interesting and most importantly allows you to understand what you like or may not like. 

Emanna Qs unte adugu I will be happy to give my perspective. Evaranna vachi blanket statements iste never consider those people in life. No one can say what will happen in the future and no one else is in your shoes. 

Well said