Dealing with autism during covid

terminator_desi

12 minutes ago, siru said:

sorry to ask but..with proper treatment and help, is there a chance that kids can come out of their autism symptoms and be normal when they grow up?  They dont have to be doctors or engineers here but just an average man or woman.

Hope Vundi bro.... infact autism kids are way smarter than others... 

US is the best place to live when compared to India when someone in family have Autism ani chepparu 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, LadiesTailor said:

Tough situation bro... maa neighbor is dealing with the same and they still getting some special education from In person teachers... may be county offer chestundemo... masks and other precautions teesukutunnaru... and whole family walk ki veltharu daily... 

Any idea how old the kid is bro?

1 hour ago, Googleyahoo said:

We kept our daughter home for 5 months . She was getting home therapy for 2 hours everyday . I thought about this . She used to go to therapy based school prior to COVID. School start chesamu last month . I can see lot of difference again . Just in this last one month. 1:1 interaction at school since it is ABA therapy based school . She has her own therapists . She will still interact with other kids during group sessions . I would suggest you to look into this option . I know it is stressful . Unless your parents or aged people are home , then I would be afraid to send the kids 

@Googleyahoo are you planning to send your kid to preschool too?how old is your kid bro?

4 hours ago, Murari_Murari said:

i would recommend get rid of autism kids and send to your atha mama. They are responsible to make them good and bring them back to you, mean while try for another kid and check your luck. 

its not worth putting so much effort for them being alone by yourselves, my friend working so hard from 20 years his daughter still remain same.

ME4HeHFR_EsHI6-Ek8HhrwrcKUz04ohvO-sM1QjVarey.....asalu chi 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, terminator_desi said:

@Googleyahoo are you planning to send your kid to preschool too?how old is your kid bro?

My daughter is 3 yrs . Did you try ABA therapy for your kid? The center that she goes to has a school setting with similar timings like a pre school. She went to a regular pre school one year ago and I felt she wasn’t getting any attention . She would go and play by herself in a corner . So I started sending her to this ABA therapy based school and I have seen improvement and she is quiet happy . She likes going to the center everyday. 

1 hour ago, siru said:

engineers

1 hour ago, siru said:

sorry to ask but..with proper treatment and help, is there a chance that kids can come out of their autism symptoms and be normal when they grow up?  They dont have to be doctors or engineers here but just an average man or woman.

True . If they can be independent of activities of daily living , that itself is s a blessing . Every autistic kid is different.  Some kids grow up to be normal like their peers . Some don’t 😞

1 minute ago, Googleyahoo said:

True . If they can be independent of activities of daily living , that itself is s a blessing . Every autistic kid is different.  Some kids grow up to be normal like their peers . Some don’t 😞

Enta love and care to miru effort pedutunnaru...hopefully they will be fine. Be positive. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Googleyahoo said:

Thanks a lot Amirtha . Hopefully 😊

What i heard from 2 of my friends(both saw lot of improvement now) is that its a great sign if kid is expressing happyness in doing something.  Just continue what ur doing now. Ur kid will be fine in no time. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1