Dealing with autism during covid

terminator_desi

8 minutes ago, sateeshm said:

ma budda daniki 1year intlo unchutunam e covid valla Emina symptoms untaya e austim ane daniki

mainly attention deficit man. they will be in their own world and wont interact much. they do repetitive unusual play with toys. easy ga thelisipothundi that something is wrong. dont worry much.

1 hour ago, Googleyahoo said:

My daughter is 3 yrs . Did you try ABA therapy for your kid? The center that she goes to has a school setting with similar timings like a pre school. She went to a regular pre school one year ago and I felt she wasn’t getting any attention . She would go and play by herself in a corner . So I started sending her to this ABA therapy based school and I have seen improvement and she is quiet happy . She likes going to the center everyday. 

@Googleyahoo My son is 5.5 years old .going to OT and speech since he was 3 and ABA(center based -35 hours per week) since last 2 years.He is Verbal (can speak words and small sentences) but not conversational.Good at Math(can do addition and subtraction), still cannot read books but can write few words. Potty trained, can wear his own clothes.However he is not social-doesnot want to play with other kids and has some repetitive behaviors.He went to preschool until 3.5 years and after that we stopped sending him to school and sent him to ABA therapy only.ABA brought in some improvement in him but still he needs to improve in many other areas.Will be sending him to kindergarten once schools starts in person instruction.  

From one of your earlier posts, I remember that you mentioned that you are a doctor in US.I have some questions about autism.Can I please IM you?

6 hours ago, Murari_Murari said:

are are I said intentionally to get back fire. 

Autism kids tho paretns pade badha meku telusa lafoot galla lara. 

Na close friend 20 years ayindi valla amayiki sonthanga food koda tinaledu , vadiki chala dabu vundhi but couldnt able to do anything. 

But sorry get rid off ante na vudesham India lo vunte koncham better avutharani chepa anthe.

Just highlighting this

Check if your child falls under water signs: cancer, pisces and scorpio

also check their enneagram personality y adding numbers of date of birth: INTJ, INFJ most likely

if they enneargam types are : 5 and 9.... they are god's gift.

These people are sensitive , so give them freedom ....

my last peiece of information don't brainwash religion onto kids. Teach them to respect other religions too

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, LadiesTailor said:

Hope Vundi bro.... infact autism kids are way smarter than others... 

US is the best place to live when compared to India when someone in family have Autism ani chepparu 

*=:

My son is 6 yr old and autistic and getting ABA home therapy since 3.5 yrs. But really challenging to attend the 

online school zoom classes. Just waiting to send him to school. so that he can personnel attention 1:1 classes at school. 

• Thanks 1

Pope says autistic kids are beautiful, unique flowers to God

VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis told a group of children with autism and spectrum disorders Monday that they are beautiful, unique flowers in the eyes of God.

Francis met with members of an Austrian center for autism, Sonnenschein (“Sunshine”), in an audience at the Vatican. He told them that the center’s name evoked a flower-filled lawn in the sun “and the flowers of this house are you!”

Speaking to the children, their parents and caregivers from the center, Francis said: “God created the world with a great variety of flowers of all different colors. Each flower has its unique beauty. And each one of us is beautiful in the eyes of God, who loves us.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Francis has a particular soft spot for children, allowing himself even amid coronavirus social distancing protocols to greet and pat them on the head during his public audiences. 

He has frequently met with groups of children and parents who are experiencing difficulties in caring for them, hoping to encourage them through sickness, disability, poverty and other challenges.

• Like 1

On 9/19/2020 at 12:46 AM, Murari_Murari said:

i would recommend get rid of autism kids and send to your atha mama. They are responsible to make them good and bring them back to you, mean while try for another kid and check your luck. 

its not worth putting so much effort for them being alone by yourselves, my friend working so hard from 20 years his daughter still remain same.

Worst advice maa chelli bava ela ne 1 year back na menalludu ni vadhilesi vellaru

• Sad 1

On 9/18/2020 at 8:15 PM, terminator_desi said:

@Googleyahoo My son is 5.5 years old .going to OT and speech since he was 3 and ABA(center based -35 hours per week) since last 2 years.He is Verbal (can speak words and small sentences) but not conversational.Good at Math(can do addition and subtraction), still cannot read books but can write few words. Potty trained, can wear his own clothes.However he is not social-doesnot want to play with other kids and has some repetitive behaviors.He went to preschool until 3.5 years and after that we stopped sending him to school and sent him to ABA therapy only.ABA brought in some improvement in him but still he needs to improve in many other areas.Will be sending him to kindergarten once schools starts in person instruction.  

From one of your earlier posts, I remember that you mentioned that you are a doctor in US.I have some questions about autism.Can I please IM you?

My son is 4.5 years old now. He is going to ABA therapy from last 2 years. He is very behind in speech. He can label few items.  Lot of behavior issues. He is attending 3 hours of ABA therapy now and thinking about sending him to school from next month. 

26 minutes ago, duryaodhana said:

My son is 4.5 years old now. He is going to ABA therapy from last 2 years. He is very behind in speech. He can label few items.  Lot of behavior issues. He is attending 3 hours of ABA therapy now and thinking about sending him to school from next month. 

@duryaodhanais he also going to speech and OT?how about social skills?ABA can reduce behavioral issues