Dealing with autism during covid

terminator_desi

4 hours ago, shaw183 said:

nearing 2yrs next month ..Bro

As many people said, 2 years is very early to try CBD oil. We tried CBD oil for my son for 3 months (when he was 4 years of age). It didn't help him in any way. 

For 2 years of age.

My suggestion is to go natural/organic approach. 

• Stop regular milk. If your son is very much into Milk, then go for A2 (organic milk). I don't recommend almond milk, some kids have oxalate issues.  
  • GFCFSF diet- gluten-free/casein-free/soy-free
  • All organic vegetables
  • Avoid Fruits - if your kid is hyperactive - sugars make more active
  • Looks for symptoms of Constipation and diarrhea (if kid is feeling these then food nutrition's won't be absorbed by body)
  • Avoid outside food - No fast food/Junk food at all
  • Avoid Potato chips, Corn based chips and bread items. (will be very horrible at first, it gets easier after few months)
  • Avoid - Eggs and Meat for few weeks -  trail and error.
  • Give him Epsom Salt Bath every evening - Magnesium will make the body relax a bit

If you really want to for Medication route.

• Go for OAT Test (from Great Plains Lab). You need a doctor's approval for this. This will give you overall health and the same doctor can read the results and recommend any medication after that.
  • B12 shots, Glutathione cream, Omega 3 oil. These are little toss up, works for some kids and does not work for other kids. 

We tried all sort of Medical approaches in last 2 years for my son. He is almost 5 years now. Nothing worked for him. We are still following the Diet and ABA, Speech therapy.  It's been more than 2 years on this journey or struggle (whatever you call it), he still does not speak and lot of behavior issues.😟

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, duryaodhana said:

As many people said, 2 years is very early to try CBD oil. We tried CBD oil for my son for 3 months (when he was 4 years of age). It didn't help him in any way. 

For 2 years of age.

• Stop regular milk. If your son is very much into Milk, then go for A2 (organic milk). I don't recommend almond milk, some kids have oxalate issues.  
  • All organic vegetables
  • Looks for symptoms of Constipation and diarrhea (if kid is feeling these then food nutrition's won't be absorbed by body)
  • Avoid Potato chips, Corn based chips and bread items. (will be very horrible at first, it gets easier after few months)
  • Give him Epsom Salt Bath every evening - Magnesium will make the body relax a bit

• Go for OAT Test (from Great Plains Lab). You need a doctor's approval for this. This will give you overall health and the same doctor can read the results and recommend any medication after that.
  • B12 shots, Glutathione cream, Omega 3 oil. These are little toss up, works for some kids and does not work for other kids. 

We tried all sort of Medical approaches in last 2 years for my son. He is almost 5 years now. Nothing worked for him. We are still following the Diet and ABA, Speech therapy.  It's been more than 2 years on this journey or struggle (whatever you call it), he still does not speak and lot of behavior issues.😟

bro, have you tried heavy metal Chelation thru your functional doctor ?

Any thoughts or known side affects ?

1 hour ago, duryaodhana said:

For 2 years of age.

• All organic vegetables

certain things improve by age, their behavior issues tend to get better by age, same with their food preferences

9 hours ago, duryaodhana said:

For 2 years of age.

• All organic vegetables

Dont worry bro.I know few desi families in our ABA centre.their kids started talking after age 6.5 years.ABA is the key

9 hours ago, Thokkalee said:

First and foremost, dump the TV, iPads and phones... never allow your kids to watch them until they reach a certain age.. I see lot of positive behavior when we don’t let my kids watch tv... baita ekkada pillalni chusinaa, they are glued to the phones watching rhymes.. same thing at home even to eat food.. my cousin proudly says that her kid loves some rhymes and doesn’t eat food unless they show that rhyme in a loop all the time.. I am worried about him.. 

With TV/iPad/phone, it is one way communication.. they don’t let the kid express what they are learning.. when a person is teaching, the communication is two way.. kids learn to express.. talk to the kids and play with them..  take the kids outside and mingle them with other kids.. 

100% true

13 hours ago, soodhilodaaram said:

too young of an age to try CBD actually

my suggestion is to see a functional doctor, get an food and environmental allergy testing done, you will know which are not good for him, you start approaching treatment options from there, till then anything you do will interfere with the real treatment symptoms and you don't know which one is working or not working

ayurveda has many remedies, you need to have trust and bit patience, quick results undavu

CBD primary purpose is for epilepsy or severe nervous system disorders mostly for pain, you can try this later after 6 months, it may vary

at this 2 yrs age, it is better to focus on his nutritional aspects as he needs building blocks for his growth, get good omega 3 (barleans fish oil or you can prescription grade fish oil), good multivitamins (smarty pants good one, functional doc might suggest specialty ones)

few pointers for researching yourselves, talk to functional doc and do under their supervision as much as you can

1. Sulforaphane (present in brocolli)

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/sulforaphane#:~:text= Studies show that sulforaphane may have other,brain damage. According to animal studies%2C... More

2. Glutathione cream to apply on his skin (to prevent oxidative stress)

3. Allergy testing : allergy testing helps us to avoid foods that are triggering auto immunity in such kids

4. Vitamin B12 (smarty pants has it, methylcobalamine is safe form), this can trigger hyperactivity as well, so give Smarty pants in afternoon not at night

5. they love sensory activities, get a trampoline, they get to spend their hyper energy well here, medicine ball, weighted pad,  noise blocking headphones (when they are in public place)

6. apply massage on this feet bottom area with coconut oil before his bed time, he will have good sleep, good sleep means better detox mechanisms at play, they will have better and calm next day

i can keep writing all the day, use what is necessary for kids needs

Thanks Bro.

Firstly pediatrician 6m back refer chesinapude we missed/avoided allergy test.. because he has severe gastric issues since birth..telisnde kada ani.. vitamins emo nutrilite vi istunam..phytonutrients & all vitamins.

Trampoline --2 sofas shift system la dunukuthundu..a dokuduke vaadu thiandi vomit aitadi..so stopping him can reflect any negative on him?inka edi teste..emana unda.. ani bayam esthundi

Glutathione cream--will try this one.

sleep oka peda prob..last night he wokeup at 3 and slept at 5:30am..nidra untadi kani pandadu..

12 hours ago, duryaodhana said:

For 2 years of age.

• All organic vegetables

Thanks Bro.

costco whole milk with almond milk start chesam.. like half&half ..we use honey for taste..think this is the culprit.

Kichidi/puree veggies/rice tapa verevi em tinadu..eggs weekly twice ..no meat yet..fruits touch kuda cheyadu..kotadi emana tinpiyadam iste chukal chupedtadu vomiting tho a roju anta...because he has gastric n mild constipation issues.

last week we went for speech evaluation ..he did ok ok.. waiting for the reports...

em ardam aavatledu

7 minutes ago, shaw183 said:

Thanks Bro.

costco whole milk with almond milk start chesam.. like half&half ..we use honey for taste..think this is the culprit.

Kichidi/puree veggies/rice tapa verevi em tinadu..eggs weekly twice ..no meat yet..fruits touch kuda cheyadu..kotadi emana tinpiyadam iste chukal chupedtadu vomiting tho a roju anta...because he has gastric n mild constipation issues.

last week we went for speech evaluation ..he did ok ok.. waiting for the reports...

em ardam aavatledu

Bro, Isn't too early to conclude for a 2 year old? how did they determine he is autistic any stimming issues other than not talking 

3 minutes ago, newtoselenium said:

Bro, Isn't too early to conclude for a 2 year old? how did they determine he is autistic any stimming issues other than not talking 

toe walking..spining ...jumping..hyper active ..gastro intolerance .. evi chusi decide chesesaru..

1 hour ago, shaw183 said:

toe walking..spining ...jumping..hyper active ..gastro intolerance .. evi chusi decide chesesaru..

Bro, its better to take expert advice before you try new things. This process is time taking but surely you will see results. You can try below doctors, who can start working on root cause of these problems. Check their reviews and you will understand better.

Address: Himalaya Arcade A, Opp. Lake, Nehru Park, Mahavir Nagar society, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380015, India

Phone: +91 98980 05354 Dr Ketan Patel

Also, 

• 2 weeks later...

First of all thanks for all the parents who are trying hard for their kids, I can only understand what everyone is going through. Is there a group formed out of this thread? Even my 2 and half year old has similar symptoms and we started ABA services.

Not sure about other states but in California, State Early Start program funds for all therapies Speech, OT, EI including ABA until 3 and then local school district takes over. I heard if your child is labeled as Autistic, state still funds ABA over and above school classes.