BREAKING: President Trump is going to Walter Reed Medical Center tonight as a precautionary measure after consulting with physicians

tacobell fan

6 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Few days ago they warned people not to use azithromycin for Covid. I am now wondering if it could be used for treatments like this.

https://academic.oup.com/ofid/article/7/6/ofaa207/5849083

I know some people in India are using azithromycin for COVID treatment. But I am not sure how it works, since it's antibiotic and I am not sure of it's action on viruses. It is different from HCQ and Remidisever, which are antivirals. 

1 minute ago, PilliBeta said:

I know some people in India are using azithromycin for COVID treatment. But I am not sure how it works, since it's antibiotic and I am not sure of it's action on viruses. It is different from HCQ and Remidisever, which are antivirals. 

Not as an antiviral, but to counter bacterial infections caused by immuno suppressants like dexamethasone. 

Just now, DummyVariable said:

Not as an antiviral, but to counter bacterial infections caused by immuno suppressants like dexamethasone. 

Yeah it can be used as an antibiotic. But I know some doctors are using azithromycin for COVID. It doesn't make sense to me how this will work. 

1 hour ago, PilliBeta said:

Because the virus is not what is causing the death, it's the cytokine storm. ACE2 inhibitor kottaga chesaru, after they found out that coronavirus spike protein is binding with ACE2 receptor, they are trying to get it into market after clinical trials. 

Ace2 inhibitors already market lo chala unnayi ga. Its a proven fact that it prevents the binding of virus why not prescribe them is my question

7 minutes ago, Tesla_Elon said:

Ace2 inhibitors already market lo chala unnayi ga. Its a proven fact that it prevents the binding of virus why not prescribe them is my question

Market lo unna ACE2 inhibitors are prescribed for cardiovascular diseases, not for COVID-19. They have to do clinical trial to see if it is effective against COVID-19. That's what they are doing now. 

7 minutes ago, PilliBeta said:

Market lo unna ACE2 inhibitors are prescribed for cardiovascular diseases, not for COVID-19. They have to do clinical trial to see if it is effective against COVID-19. That's what they are doing now. 

Exactly, if its already proven that ace2 inhibitors will reduce the virus bonding it would not be so hard to get the approval for secondary indications.

on a side note doctors can prescribe these drugs for their secondary indications as well without any approval.

New molecule will take longer time for FDA approval.

31 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

Lol virus vachi janalu sachipotunte veedu mandini vesukoni road pina car lo tiragatam. Veedini president chesina janalani anali ela chesta ante okay antunna authorities ni anali 

veedu venaka antha katappa la na jeeevitham whitehouse ki ankitham ane batch la unnaru antha.

even after all this people will make him president again US would see new lows under his next term.

39 minutes ago, Tesla_Elon said:

Exactly, if its already proven that ace2 inhibitors will reduce the virus bonding it would not be so hard to get the approval for secondary indications.

on a side note doctors can prescribe these drugs for their secondary indications as well without any approval.

New molecule will take longer time for FDA approval.

How can they use it without clinical trial? Blocking ACE receptor is not straight forward, like how do you know how much dosage to use to block all the ACE receptors? Also when is the ideal time to take it? Do you have to keep taking it until you get the virus infection? There are so many open ended questions. 

1 hour ago, PilliBeta said:

How can they use it without clinical trial? Blocking ACE receptor is not straight forward, like how do you know how much dosage to use to block all the ACE receptors? Also when is the ideal time to take it? Do you have to keep taking it until you get the virus infection? There are so many open ended questions. 

Clinical trials for already approved drug for one indication is quit simple. As i have told you earlier “New indications need not be approved by the FDA for their adoption and use among medical professionals” just a preclinical study is enough.

3 minutes ago, Tesla_Elon said:

Clinical trials for already approved drug for one indication is quit simple. As i have told you earlier “New indications need not be approved by the FDA for their adoption and use among medical professionals” just a preclinical study is enough.

Supplemental drug information provide cheste saripotundi. check repurposed Drugs eg: daratumumab  got two approvals in a years using fast track approval process.

I can name more drugs..