Going Back To India for Good

kdapparao

4 hours ago, kdapparao said:

I am moving back to India for good after staying in the US for 13 years, so far ee pandemic time lo I was scared every day that I would not see my family again and came to realization that its better to go back. I have not found any alternative career options or a job in India as of now I am working remote so will continue same from India and plan to find a job there next year. Any one moved what are the challenges you guys faced. Any suggestions of making the transition smooth?

whats your kid age ?  

Lot of people here are only taking about money. 

Imagine if you have kids of 12 years whats your thinking perspective.  

15 minutes ago, abulu said:

whats your kid age ?  

Lot of people here are only taking about money. 

Imagine if you have kids of 12 years whats your thinking perspective.  

Elder one is 4 younger one is infant. I don’t think they will have a problem as they are very young.

4 hours ago, kdapparao said:

I am moving back to India for good after staying in the US for 13 years, so far ee pandemic time lo I was scared every day that I would not see my family again and came to realization that its better to go back. I have not found any alternative career options or a job in India as of now I am working remote so will continue same from India and plan to find a job there next year. Any one moved what are the challenges you guys faced. Any suggestions of making the transition smooth?

Good luck bro...Welcome back to India.

There could be few challenges for you about how you get adjusted to new lifestyle possibly its similar what you would have gone thru 13 yrs back, life is turning the entire circle for you.

39 minutes ago, insighter242 said:

Bhayya its all about the way you think , you know what is best for you . But have a plan for things that you will face in india. Looks like you are worried about your parents health , genuine point . Have a plan for how you adjust to the systemic issues. I am not saying everything is smooth in US , but people are answerable , if some one acts weird , you will have some sort of system backup . In India what will you do . For ex: 1. looks like there is very high chance to get covid or may be some other ailment , you spend lot of money , put your family member in a high end hospital . They do something which you know is completely illegal and ridiculous , for ex: nurses not taking care properly or they dont let you see , i have situations where i dont even know if the person is still alive in hospital . In my scenario , the doctor even doesnt want to tell the exact condition name , acts arrogant . What do you do ? now I know everyone in India says I know MLA , I Know MP , or we have been going to that doctor for 20 yrs , he takes care . All of these will not help , you are the mercy of some one else . how do you handle such scenario ? Now let me tell you , I personally dont care abt money , I need money but i am not desperate . I have seen friends who are not rich by definition , they saved 20 lakhs or so and in 15 days all of that is gone , you loose the person and you loose all your savings . Recently you might have seen people posting videos on youtube , a guys wife with respiratory issue , no covid , goes to 5 hospitals no one even admits . I am ready to be even a slave in a different country , but I dont want this situation for any one . In US - even a homeless guy who passes out doing drus will get treatment in 10 mins . we cant even get them admitted ? forget about getting the right treatment . 

Again all of this is not to discourage , just be prepared , because i see a lot of genuinity in your qn . Particularly dont fall for this Bullshit of we know this doctor for 20 yrs , he will do good , I got recommendation of so and so , so they treat me better .

This is only example , you might come across lot of this in India , frankly I can only talk about experiences from my close brothers and relatives , because its been 10 yrs since i went to india . Again for people who are going to bash that US is not perfect , yes , totally , US is not perfect at all . I faced lot of issues like a  car repair guy trying to rip me off , a doctor not being supportive , but all of these I was able to handle to my satisfaction , because of the system and there is a process

We don’t have a choice right bro, parents are aging I don’t want them to travel here every year its not easy task to travel on plane for 24hrs also visitor insurance is a optimal to cover their health issues. What it is we have to deal with it.

This pandemic made me think, me and my wife both gave a thought and both felt better to be in India and stay with aging parents. Even my parents are worried they don’t directly say but I realized they are very worried during this pandemic if they can ever see us. They have see a very close family impacted very badly due to Covid.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, toranam said:

Good luck

only negatives are if ur in IT

traffic

manager foot licking 

politics 

positives:

parents

food

freedom of life 

Agree with Negatives.

Agree about Parents.

Food and Freedom situation is much much better in United States though.

For Negatives:

You will die 6-7 years early when compared to US due to pollution and quality of life.

A greater percentage of your income will get spent in India than in United States.

8 hours ago, kdapparao said:

while it is a great decision to go back and take care of parents, also be aware of the fact that you have 2 kids. you need to balance your emotions with what is practical, mee parents ikkadiki vaste even better kada.. they can easily get an extension and stay for an year

most regret their decisions within a year, and they return back to india, reason is india looks great from a distance but a sh1t hole dealing with all kinds of mess in day to day life, not a great place definitely for kids who need to be exposed to equal opportunity society

3 hours ago, kdapparao said:

We don’t have a choice right bro, parents are aging I don’t want them to travel here every year its not easy task to travel on plane for 24hrs also visitor insurance is a optimal to cover their health issues. What it is we have to deal with it.

This pandemic made me think, me and my wife both gave a thought and both felt better to be in India and stay with aging parents. Even my parents are worried they don’t directly say but I realized they are very worried during this pandemic if they can ever see us. They have see a very close family impacted very badly due to Covid.

I know you would have thought abt this , but yah travel is not easy , but having them here if they are in decent health and can stick to that journey , is an option . Ofcourse we have some additional complex options such as a adding a layover halfway and so on. But none of those are easy options...Hope evrything works out , just try to have a plan for some of these most common things in india. 

1 hour ago, soodhilodaaram said:

while it is a great decision to go back and take care of parents, also be aware of the fact that you have 2 kids. you need to balance your emotions with what is practical, mee parents ikkadiki vaste even better kada.. they can easily get an extension and stay for an year

most regret their decisions within a year, and they return back to india, reason is india looks great from a distance but a sh1t hole dealing with all kinds of mess in day to day life, not a great place definitely for kids who need to be exposed to equal opportunity society

antha ledu nuvu maree  ekkuva chestannav uncle..we all grew up and spent majority time in india. Us ki ragane sh1t hole ainda

• Upvote 2

Home country is always better if you are happy with what ever little even if u have. We never know when we expire.it can be any day today or tomorrow.Have content in life and have a free life in india.

My best days in life are highschool........... Asking my mother Rs3,000 per month for pocket money during high school gave me more happiness in those days than any fcking pay check here in US.

Morning Friends tho breakfast meeting

afternoon and evenings parents tho coffee, snacks and Dinner.

Midnight malla friends tho poker cards and bar.

Intha kante em kaavali vaa life lo.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, insighter242 said:

Bhayya its all about the way you think , you know what is best for you . But have a plan for things that you will face in india. Looks like you are worried about your parents health , genuine point . Have a plan for how you adjust to the systemic issues. I am not saying everything is smooth in US , but people are answerable , if some one acts weird , you will have some sort of system backup . In India what will you do . For ex: 1. looks like there is very high chance to get covid or may be some other ailment , you spend lot of money , put your family member in a high end hospital . They do something which you know is completely illegal and ridiculous , for ex: nurses not taking care properly or they dont let you see , i have situations where i dont even know if the person is still alive in hospital . In my scenario , the doctor even doesnt want to tell the exact condition name , acts arrogant . What do you do ? now I know everyone in India says I know MLA , I Know MP , or we have been going to that doctor for 20 yrs , he takes care . All of these will not help , you are the mercy of some one else . how do you handle such scenario ? Now let me tell you , I personally dont care abt money , I need money but i am not desperate . I have seen friends who are not rich by definition , they saved 20 lakhs or so and in 15 days all of that is gone , you loose the person and you loose all your savings . Recently you might have seen people posting videos on youtube , a guys wife with respiratory issue , no covid , goes to 5 hospitals no one even admits . I am ready to be even a slave in a different country , but I dont want this situation for any one . In US - even a homeless guy who passes out doing drus will get treatment in 10 mins . we cant even get them admitted ? forget about getting the right treatment . 

Again all of this is not to discourage , just be prepared , because i see a lot of genuinity in your qn . Particularly dont fall for this Bullshit of we know this doctor for 20 yrs , he will do good , I got recommendation of so and so , so they treat me better .

This is only example , you might come across lot of this in India , frankly I can only talk about experiences from my close brothers and relatives , because its been 10 yrs since i went to india . Again for people who are going to bash that US is not perfect , yes , totally , US is not perfect at all . I faced lot of issues like a  car repair guy trying to rip me off , a doctor not being supportive , but all of these I was able to handle to my satisfaction , because of the system and there is a process

aging parents ni ilaanti hospitals cheat chesthunte, manam abroad lo koorchoni whatsapp chesthu undaala? or vaalla pakkane undi chooskovala?