Going Back To India for Good

kdapparao

2 hours ago, soodhilodaaram said:

while it is a great decision to go back and take care of parents, also be aware of the fact that you have 2 kids. you need to balance your emotions with what is practical, mee parents ikkadiki vaste even better kada.. they can easily get an extension and stay for an year

most regret their decisions within a year, and they return back to india, reason is india looks great from a distance but a sh1t hole dealing with all kinds of mess in day to day life, not a great place definitely for kids who need to be exposed to equal opportunity society

extension aipoyaaka mallee same story ee gaa. appudu em cheyyali?

2 hours ago, siru said:

antha ledu nuvu maree  ekkuva chestannav uncle..we all grew up and spent majority time in india. Us ki ragane sh1t hole ainda

we all grew up not the kids bacha.. there is no way one should expose the US born kids to the beyond human competitiveness and inequality in the Indian society

• Upvote 1

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.” – Ferris Bueller

“I’m okay with what I ultimately can’t do”

The first aspect to my philosophy is that I’m okay with what I ultimately can’t do because there is so much I can do.

“I surround myself with people I want to be with”

The next aspect to my philosophy is that I surround myself with people I want to be with, people of high quality. I’m extremely lucky to have an amazing family, who have always supported me throughout my entire life.

Keep moving forward

The third aspect to the philosophy is – Keep moving forward. Here’s a quote by a man you may know, named Walt Disney, and it’s one of my favorite quotes.

“Around here… we don’t look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things.” – Walt Disney (Meet the Robinsons)

27 minutes ago, Yaman02 said:

I am in India now, I was not here for last 10 years in India but I made up mind before I packed things and boarded the flight.

my mentality: I give a damn to anybody's opinion if i like to do it. 

1. Parents: you will have a  good amount of time to spend with them in their last decade or so. you never know if you ever get to see them once they are gone. don't think about others, be sensible  and not everybody chooses to stay with their parents. It is the US which gave you that edge because you earned enough in quicktime and want to enjoy the fruits of your hardwork with your familly.

2.Children:  we grew up in India safely and happily, now our kids will do the same. They will stay with us whereever we are. We will provide what they need as required. Of course, they are US citizens and they can move back once they decide to do so.

2. Freedom:  you have a lot of freedom in India especially in cities people really don't care who you are, so,  mostly you  get ignored or overlooked that gives you a bit of peace.

3. Food:  you get everything on a par with US from Metro, reliance and dmart.

4. Friends: you will have memorable goodtimes with all your besties.

Most of the folks in the US earn and be happy with idea of currency conversion. They never truly spend a dollar on them or parents. Mostly it is spent on houses and cars and saved in the bank. they will never retire and never enjoy on what they have earned. All those earnings and savings are for next generation. Be wise, you just have to live once, if you don't spent on what earned and saved what is the use of your hard-work? Now,with idea of moving back to India, you get time to enjoy your life and  live a stress-free life with fruits of your earnings. Life is not only about plans for entry but should also plan for a quit just like a trading in stock market. you never know what happens next in your life, you earned enough(it is very relative ) and now it is time to enjoy your life with those fruits.Believe me,  not all people get this lucky. You can go back to the US after your children become 21 and then you are around 50-58 and  become a green card holder then you can keep moving between 2 countries as you wish. Believe me you are using this phase of your life in most fruitful and blissful way, being close to the parents and family and enjoying stessless-life and palying with your kids all day long. you are in the life of your parents and your children at same time. Not all people get this chance. 

You’ll hear people say, “I had that idea,” every time you see someone create something great. Everyone had the idea for Facebook first. The reason Mark Zuckerberg got rich off of it is because he went out and did it while everyone else was talking about it.

Ideas are useless if you don’t act on them. Less thinking, more doing.

Do what you think is right for you and ignore what others have in it.

How many years your worked in us? what are your doing in India? Every person is different. India kids education is not a joke 3 lac/yr per kid and housing 1cr and minimum 1lac/ month per family expense.who will pay all this with IT salaries in India if you are doing business it's a different story 

13 minutes ago, ennnna chata said:

How many years your worked in us? what are your doing in India? Every person is different. India kids education is not a joke 3 lac/yr per kid and housing 1cr and minimum 1lac/ month per family expense.who will pay all this with IT salaries in India if you are doing business it's a different story 

there are many examples in R2I Forums, who went without calculating the economics, don't end up regretting, that is all i am saying

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, kdapparao said:

I am moving back to India for good after staying in the US for 13 years, so far ee pandemic time lo I was scared every day that I would not see my family again and came to realization that its better to go back. I have not found any alternative career options or a job in India as of now I am working remote so will continue same from India and plan to find a job there next year. Any one moved what are the challenges you guys faced. Any suggestions of making the transition smooth?

Good luck brother. 

The Corona pandemic is a temporary phase, may stay around for some more time but it’s a temp phase which is wrecking lives totally. You seem to have taken decision to move back to India based on this one but life must go on and hopefully you have taken the decision on practical factors than temporary emotional factors. You know, life must go on and it will go on..

21 minutes ago, soodhilodaaram said:

we all grew up not the kids bacha.. there is no way one should expose the US born kids to the beyond human competitiveness and inequality in the Indian society

Don’t underestimate Modi. He is doing all he can to bring equality.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Yaman02 said:

don't worry, akkada neevu nenu peekindi emi ledu. US vachchina laksha mandi lo andaridi koolie brathukule. neevalla navalla e okka upayogam ledu. europe nundi ikkadiki raru, vachchina adi achievement ani anukoru. neevu nenu India nundi US ravadame life lo goppa achievement ani feel avuthamu. 

Exposing kids.: they gonna stay with me wherever I am. if I am in India they will stay in India, if Africa and they are in Africa as well. Kids in America no different nor better achievers than kids in India. have a better understanding of life and look around once in a while otherwise you get plagued with a disease of law of inertia.

haha, you seems to be stomach full for now.. empty ayyaka cheppu

first of all all individuals do not have same set of situations

if your dad has made 10-15 crores property, yes then its worth to go back and one is a plain idiot to come to US to begin with

if you have created your own life without any helps from ancestors (purely in economic sense), then your eentire life was given by this country, US becomes karma bhoomi, its not easy to leave such country which gave you one of the most important needs of life ie money

one size fits all approach is for idiots.. sane minds should think about best for themselves

cost of living in India is way more than US by every means, one should not penalize their US born kids just because they are meant to follow you

think about a situation where they have to come their own land at the age of 21, do you think they have any identity and connect with this nation

a man has to think for his past (parents), present (his wife and family) and the future (kids), a decision has to be made based on rational one for all in all situations, never emotional ones

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Pappu_Packitmaar said:

Good luck brother. 

The Corona pandemic is a temporary phase, may stay around for some more time but it’s a temp phase which is wrecking lives totally. You seem to have taken decision to move back to India based on this one but life must go on and hopefully you have taken the decision on practical factors than temporary emotional factors. You know, life must go on and it will go on..

exactly, once corona settles and certainty in life improves.. his passion for india wanes

other side is always green

but if one really love their parents.. they have nothing to lose by moving back. Life gives them the chance back if there was a good cause