Marriage between first cousins per se illegal under the Hindu Marriage Act, observes Punjab and Haryana High Court

Raazu

8 hours ago, kevinUsa said:

Madam 

Oka nenu last week  was watching dynasty  in netflix with a female friend

When fallon sleep with  colby

She says its haram u can't be showing it in netflix Annadi

I said we marry our step cousin in our part of India

She was like dude that's nasty and the conversation went on for couple hours 

Ade andi all mardals are sisters and all baavas are brothers. Maa vaipu aa relation eh undadu.

r u trying to rewrite????

It was common for telugites to marry mena mama, mena mama kuthuru, koduku or mena atha kuthuru koduku..

muslims lo they marry .. father’s brother son or daughter or mom’s sister’s son or daughter!

19 minutes ago, Raazu said:

r u trying to rewrite????

It was common for telugites to marry mena mama, mena mama kuthuru, koduku or mena atha kuthuru koduku..

muslims lo they marry .. father’s brother son or daughter or mom’s sister’s son or daughter!

Dude it’s also proven by science that inbreeding brings out undesired recessive alleles. Most of the kids of such marriages have one or other health problem. Telisi telisi enduku cheskuntar? Telugu lo tappa ekkada ledu.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Iriswest said:

Dude it’s also proven by science that inbreeding brings out undesired recessive alleles. Most of the kids of such marriages have one or other health problem. Telisi telisi enduku cheskuntar? Telugu lo tappa ekkada ledu.

Well kinship laws from anthropology speak about many communities that have consanguine marriages especially tribes from South America and South Asia. It has been illegal in northern Kinship models across india because they strictly follow the rules of Gothra, in fact cousin marriages are illegal according to hindu marriage act but there are relaxations based on regional kinship models, such as cases where southern Kinship models allowed cross-cousin marriages across not just telugus but entire south Indians, so we did not take it too seriously.  Across middle east and  African nations, parallel cousin marriage became very prevalent due to islam. They are many historic reasons for why this practice came into picture.  Telugu okate kaadu, it is more wide spread than you know even in NA and Aus. But western nations realised the dangers of inbreeding very soon and imposed restrictions which is why it became scarce here in North America. Our laws did not change much after the British (thanks to our lethargy), slow ga okkoti maarutunai, like decriminalization of homosexuality  and now this..I say great  move. 

16 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Well kinship laws from anthropology speak about many communities that have consanguine marriages especially tribes from South America and South Asia. It has been illegal in northern Kinship models across india because they strictly follow the rules of Gothra, in fact cousin marriages are illegal according to hindu marriage act but there are relaxations based on regional kinship models, such as cases where southern Kinship models allowed cross-cousin marriages across not just telugus but entire south Indians, so we did not take it too seriously.  Across middle east and  African nations, parallel cousin marriage became very prevalent due to islam. They are many historic reasons for why this practice came into picture.  Telugu okate kaadu, it is more wide spread than you know even in NA and Aus. But western nations realised the dangers of inbreeding very soon and imposed restrictions which is why it became scarce here in North America. Our laws did not change much after the British (thanks to our lethargy), slow ga okkoti maarutunai, like decriminalization of homosexuality  and now this..I say great  move. 

Yeah other cultures realized it pretty soon. The original purpose was to retain wealth within the family. But the disadvantages outnumbered advantages. Inka continue chesedi and encourage chesedi Telugu lo antunna. I am not aware of other south indian states so I could be wrong there.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Iriswest said:

Yeah other cultures realized it pretty soon. The original purpose was to retain wealth within the family. But the disadvantages outnumbered advantages. Inka continue chesedi and encourage chesedi Telugu lo antunna. I am not aware of other south indian states so I could be wrong there.

Ohh TN, karnataka kuda inka unnai. I remember one Kannada friend calling her Aunt(menatta i think) as mother inlaw sFun_duh2 lol(they got married eventually)Ante she used to say phrases like.."my mother inlaw just called or my mother inlaw is doing something..". I cant blame her though, mana nomenclature atla undi all dravidian languages lo...aunt ki mother inlaw ki same noun: Atta (or some variation like atthai)...  In Kerala one sect still has this menamama thing

48 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Ohh TN, karnataka kuda inka unnai. I remember one Kannada friend calling her Aunt(menatta i think) as mother inlaw sFun_duh2 lol(they got married eventually)Ante she used to say phrases like.."my mother inlaw just called or my mother inlaw is doing something..". I cant blame her though, mana nomenclature atla undi all dravidian languages lo...aunt ki mother inlaw ki same noun: Atta (or some variation like atthai)...  In Kerala one sect still has this menamama thing

Oh yea atta maama ni mena atta mena mana ante correct emo appudu. Hindi lo phua phupha lo laga.