After scalding critiques of study on gender and mentorship, journal says it is reviewing the work

PilliBeta

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PilliBeta

• DummyVariable

• SNaiduBack

• ring_master

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, PilliBeta said:

Will my students underperform though?

Jokes aside, I do believe that at the end of the day the cream will rise to the top. 

You can’t really stop intelligent people.

Just now, DummyVariable said:

Jokes aside, I do believe that at the end of the day cream will rise to the top. 

You can’t really stop talented/intelligent people.

I like how you said people there, not men, but people. 

33 minutes ago, PilliBeta said:

I like how you said people there, not men, but people. 

When I first joined here, our male boss was replaced with a female. Literally all of the females in the team left. Since our postings are global, some of them took up positions even in far off places like Santiago, Chile. I keep thinking they did this to not be under a female boss. I don’t know.

40 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

When I first joined here, our male boss was replaced with a female. Literally all of the females in the team left. Since our postings are global, some of them took up positions even in far off places like Santiago, Chile. I keep thinking they did this to not be under a female boss. I don’t know.

I worry sometimes wondering when I get older, if I will be mean to my students because of menopause. Again, I don't know if it's a biological condition or has psychological validity. But to be fair, the society calls a man who is demanding as passionate about their work, but a woman who is demanding is often times called a bitchh.