any real estate investor(in US) here

kasi

any real estate investor here

need some suggestion on investing.....

i have been looking into this for about an yr now (i have already invested in india)

i recently saw a property...value buy......like to discuss few things....i think talking to experience people will help me see things i have missed(i dont what i dont know now)

i have experience buying and selling properties, all for personal purposes, i dont have anyone in personal circles to talk to !!!!   

50 minutes ago, kasi said:

i have been looking into this for about an yr now (i have already invested in india)

i recently saw a property...value buy......like to discuss few things....i think talking to experience people will help me see things i have missed(i dont what i dont know now)

i have experience buying and selling properties, all for personal purposes, i dont have anyone in personal circles to talk to !!!!   

What kind of investing ? Flipping the houses or buying and renting it out ? 

4 minutes ago, thanks said:

Share your thoughts

Without knowing what you want my thoughts won't make sense. If you need a general 101 bigger pockets is a better source than me. 

My perspective adds value if you are investing in the same lines as I am. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, phatposts said:

Without knowing what you want my thoughts won't make sense. If you need a general 101 bigger pockets is a better source than me. 

My perspective adds value if you are investing in the same lines as I am. 

Let’s say if I have home in 206 and it appreciated very good  based on Zillow/Realestate  and positive cash flow ..My question is...is it better to keep it and take a second mortgage to buy another one ? Or just sell it and buy a new home in growing area ? My concern growing area lo renting will be difficult . 

3 hours ago, kasi said:

What’s your questions bayya 

2 hours ago, pandemkodi said:

Let’s say if I have home in 206 and it appreciated very good  based on Zillow/Realestate  and positive cash flow ..My question is...is it better to keep it and take a second mortgage to buy another one ? Or just sell it and buy a new home in growing area ? My concern growing area lo renting will be difficult . 

With the very few details you provided I can say this:

Zillow zestimate is not a true reflection of actual sales. Assuming your 206K home appreciated to 320K - the house has $114K of new money in it. 

If you sell the house for 320 - you get $300 to hand (after commissions). That 94K should be put in a 1031 exchange to avoid cap gains tax. 1031 can be used to buy your next home. 

Personally I would not sell it. Do a cashout refi and pull some cash out of the house. 

Use that cash to invest in another place and rent that out. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LadiesTailor said:

What kind of investing ? Flipping the houses or buying and renting it out ? 

Ledu kaka not flipping, 1960 property......min fixing

Planing to rent it up.....oka family/ each bedroom for bachelors aaa Ani still thinking

Single family home not in a neighborhood (no HOA sollu) and in great sd

2 hours ago, pandemkodi said:

Kaka I bought a home in 18 and it has appreciated like 60-80k more now

My think is like if I have them a cash offer, was planning to refinance my home n get atleast 40k from there and some cash from savings and want to get some money from India.

But I want to close this with cash, so I can take my rent as cash flow

1 hour ago, phatposts said:

With the very few details you provided I can say this:

Zillow zestimate is not a true reflection of actual sales. Assuming your 206K home appreciated to 320K - the house has $114K of new money in it. 

If you sell the house for 320 - you get $300 to hand (after commissions). That 94K should be put in a 1031 exchange to avoid cap gains tax. 1031 can be used to buy your next home. 

Personally I would not sell it. Do a cashout refi and pull some cash out of the house. 

Use that cash to invest in another place and rent that out. 

Ya typo 2016 not house price 206 . I live in ca . I lived 2 yars there so no need of 1031 since no tax .I m just thinking if I sell the home just to avoid too much exposure if there is a crash . Cash out refi ki currently some one else occupied so  apr will be higher than what I have now . Anyway thanks for reply .

1 hour ago, kasi said:

Kaka I bought a home in 18 and it has appreciated like 60-80k more now

My think is like if I have them a cash offer, was planning to refinance my home n get atleast 40k from there and some cash from savings and want to get some money from India.

But I want to close this with cash, so I can take my rent as cash flow

Didn’t get u completely but I won’t use all the cash to buy in this time with this kind of cheap interest rates. 

• Upvote 1