#S386 passed in Senate

snoww

59 minutes ago, Iriswest said:

I am as shocked as you guys. My hopes were dead. Anyhow if the bill passes in house without any new amendments before 12/18 we are good. The bill becomes veto proof so tatha tho pani ledu. From FY23 h1bs in backlog have access to 98K visas not just 7K visas per year. 

98k visas ante it will take a decade to clear the backlog. 

13 minutes ago, Pappu_Packitmaar said:

98k visas ante it will take a decade to clear the backlog. 

And aa decade ayyelopu on average 100K new filings every year so inka new applicants ki 1 decade wait for GC might be the new standard.

1 minute ago, CH_Desi said:

And aa decade ayyelopu on average 100K new filings every year so inka new applicants ki 1 decade wait for GC might be the new standard.

Yes. On average every applicant regardless of the country has to wait 10 years in future which is not bad.

Real loser in this bill is Witch companies. They can't file new h1s if this bill is passed. 

2 minutes ago, snoww said:

Yes. On average every applicant regardless of the country has to wait 10 years in future which is not bad.

Real loser in this bill is Witch companies. They can't file new h1s if this bill is passed. 

And in a way consultancies too. Majority will lose their employees once they get EAD. 

33 minutes ago, CH_Desi said:

Yeah, better to have an approximate time frame than to have an uncertainity. 

37 minutes ago, snoww said:

WITCH companies will however start having lesser dependencies on h1b in the days to come. They will still get people from India on h1b and will not file GC’s like most of them are doing now already..

7 hours ago, CH_Desi said:

Age out ayye dependant kids kosam emaina provision add chesara ?

Not directly but this provision should help most of them

You will be allowed to file i485 including kids and spouses if:

• Your i140 has been approved for 2 years
  • Your i140 has been pending for more than 270 calendar days

5 hours ago, Pappu_Packitmaar said:

WITCH companies will however start having lesser dependencies on h1b in the days to come. They will still get people from India on h1b and will not file GC’s like most of them are doing now already..

Already infosys  60% not dependent on visas..