I regret having kids, there you go. I said it.

PilliBeta

I don’t agree with what he said. I am a solo bread winner for my family with 2 kids have seen a lot in life and constantly think a lot about how could I help my kids being a single earner. I was in Bay Area earlier and also a home owner and recently moved to Texas. And being said that if I loose my job I have to leave this country since I don’t have any option to convert to h4. Having kids is my choice since I love kids but I would never think that working hard for them or thinking about their future as a sacrifice it’s happiness for me. I don’t think future generation kids won’t care much about wealth they will inherit esp us born kids. This used to be a rich American culture but not at middle class. But Indians in USA are so successful and that too people with dual paychecks making 250 to 300k in small city and bay area are instilling this culture in their kids minds. Let’s looks at bright side and consider money as second aspect you will be passing on to them since having multiple paychecks will settle your life either in India or USA. the most imp thing you should consider passing on to them is wealth of knowledge and your experience and good eating habits and health and empathy, financial discipline and education . When you treat wealth and money as secondary I feel you will be worried less. 

5 hours ago, PilliBeta said:

I have a 6 yr old and a 2 yr old. I love them more than anything in my life. I was taught love is about sacrifice and it certainly is. I will sacrifice anything for my kids. That said, if I could go back in time, I don’t think I would have kids. Having kids brings an enormous amount of uncertainty. When we were child free, my wife and I weren’t that worried about job security. Now, we constantly worry about it, the market and how it might affect our jobs and ultimately our kids. We are also constantly worried about what would happen to our kids if one/both of us were to lose our lives. We are also worried what might happen to them in this uncertain world. We are also severely restricted in where we want to move and where we want to buy a house. Also, having kids in a major tech center is hella expensive and you will be left with very little savings. Between looking after our kids and our jobs, we are left with no time to tend to our health and personal lives.

For anyone considering having kids.. please know that the world in general sugarcoats the experience of having kids. I know that many of the issues I am raising about having kids are the symptoms of unfettered capitalism that is rampant in Silicon Valley and the US in general but that is how things are 

Unless you think you can sacrifice all of the things I mentioned above (and more depending on your circumstances, especially if you are here on a visa), you will regret having kids. Please think about it before you jump in.

Endi Bhayya blind ni vestunnaru

32 minutes ago, seematapakaya said:

Neku two girls pudithe third kid kosam try chestava ? 

I want 3 kids.  3 sons or 3 daughters doesn't matter . I prefer girl kids though. 

17 minutes ago, Avenger said:

It is. I’m saying there isn’t really anything anyone can do other than feed, repopulate and evolve.

unless you have a blueprint for this 'evolution', no thanks. I'll pass. I'm okay with humans going extinct too. in fact, I prefer it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, narsy said:

unless you have a blueprint for this 'evolution', no thanks. I'll pass. I'm okay with humans going extinct too. in fact, I prefer it.

Are u our own @chanchala or @Agnes 😢