Don't send your passport to India for Dropbox when in US

McDowlMurthy

Just now, veerigadu said:

I think it's even illegal to not have a passport in possession here in united states. Experts please confirm. @Spartan and @tom bhayya

I do not think there is anything like that.... When we send our passport for renewal we might not posses our passport for a while kada... but will wait on experts ....torch.gif

2 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

I do not think there is anything like that.... When we send our passport for renewal we might not posses our passport for a while kada... but will wait on experts ....torch.gif

But it would be still here in united states no. When we apply for renewal.

In this case the guy neither has possession and its currently outside the border of his residence. 

32 minutes ago, McDowlMurthy said:

Be careful guys. Do not do this at any cost.

One of my colleague, sent his passport to Dropbox in India with his cousin as an authorized person. He was issued a 221G and asked to attend in person interview. Since he is in US, he is in panic. He is in the process of getting his passport back to US so that he can travel to India.

Unnecessary trouble. 

Your colleague is very smart. 

Just now, veerigadu said:

But it would be still here in united states no. When we apply for renewal. In this case the guy neither has possession and its outside the border of residence. 

Oka vela passport lost aite... torch.gif

4 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

passport will be with Indian Consulate. it will not go out of US

Just now, Picheshwar said:

passport will be with Indian Consulate. it will not go out of US

You are right too.... But never heard of this scenario as no one asks for passport unless traveling ... torch.gif

Just now, Anta Assamey said:

You are right too.... But never heard of this scenario as no one asks for passport unless traveling ... torch.gif

pp lekunte illgeal avutam... unless you are on asylum. this is what i am aware of.

43 minutes ago, McDowlMurthy said:

Be careful guys. Do not do this at any cost.

One of my colleague, sent his passport to Dropbox in India with his cousin as an authorized person. He was issued a 221G and asked to attend in person interview. Since he is in US, he is in panic. He is in the process of getting his passport back to US so that he can travel to India.

Unnecessary trouble. 

Even if approved, next time travel chesnappaudu dorkipoye chances unnai kada since his travel details will be missing during the visa approved date.