Don't send your passport to India for Dropbox when in US

McDowlMurthy

56 minutes ago, Picheshwar said:

second page lo reply icha.. it will be with Indian consulate. 

for any reasons if they are not able to renew it will be returned to you.

I don't think there is no such rule. I would like you to challenge me with the law. A passport is a travel document, not an immigration document. Thankyou. 

1 hour ago, veerigadu said:

Whole purpose of stamping is allowing the visa officer to make determination if the alien is eligible to reenter or not as per 214 B.

In this case the question of re entry is outside the scope. Idhi endho baga thedaaaa kodthundhiiii naaku ayitheee.

This guys employer is at risk to some extent

to determine whether the alien is eligible to reenter avutey, I797 enduku approve chestaru bro.. also, ICE enduku inka?

45 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

Mostly fake story.. if genuine, that guy is screwed big time.

if he doesnt attend in person interview now, consulate has the right to invalidate his status. 

Why do you think so bro? he submitted a form authorizing a person kada.. that is legal.. Dropbox application lo whether you are in India ani question emi vundadu.. as long as he doesn't actively have inadmissibility issues, he is fine.. He can request US consulate to return the passport for him to travel back.. Problem vuntey ICE ni pampinchukomanali..

6 minutes ago, dasara_bullodu1 said:

Mari vadu India ki ela velli vastadu

Ship chestaremko malla india nunchi . You can ask your relative/someone to pick up the passport from consulate if you give the letter. 

14 minutes ago, MRI said:

Why do you think so bro? he submitted a form authorizing a person kada.. that is legal.. Dropbox application lo whether you are in India ani question emi vundadu.. as long as he doesn't actively have inadmissibility issues, he is fine.. He can request US consulate to return the passport for him to travel back.. Problem vuntey ICE ni pampinchukomanali..

Yeah, tricky but I don't think he did anything overtly illegal. Immigration attorneys might provide better answers.

40 minutes ago, MRI said:

As far as i know, once you attend visa interview(in person or drop box), all previos visas will be automatically void and only the current one witg which u attented inteeview will be valid/pending. If you dont respond to the query, consulate has every assumption to assume ur not interested anymore.

simple logic, h1b expire avvadaniki 6 months mundey premium lo extension apply chesthey 30 days lo approval vasthadi.  Passport lo visa stamping inka 5 months untadi.. ee 5 months lo visa stamping ki veli reject avuthey patha visa valid kanuka daani meedha ravacha? Nope

2 hours ago, McDowlMurthy said:

Be careful guys. Do not do this at any cost.

One of my colleague, sent his passport to Dropbox in India with his cousin as an authorized person. He was issued a 221G and asked to attend in person interview. Since he is in US, he is in panic. He is in the process of getting his passport back to US so that he can travel to India.

Unnecessary trouble. 

SS.gif

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

As far as i know, once you attend visa interview(in person or drop box), all previos visas will be automatically void and only the current one witg which u attented inteeview will be valid/pending. If you dont respond to the query, consulate has every assumption to assume ur not interested anymore.

simple logic, h1b expire avvadaniki 6 months mundey premium lo extension apply chesthey 30 days lo approval vasthadi.  Passport lo visa stamping inka 5 months untadi.. ee 5 months lo visa stamping ki veli reject avuthey patha visa valid kanuka daani meedha ravacha? Nope

Yeah prev visa invalidated and then they stamp new visa. In this case reject ayite he will be in states without passport and valid visa.  I797 then is chittu kayatam making him illegal.  He might have got RFE for this reason . Murthy lo ala ghoshistunnaru RFE padutundi ani.

Just now, LadiesTailor said:

Bhayya evvado kaani drop box ki new meaning kanipettadu... 

Anta ledu sir these were discussed in 2012.  People didnt do it knowing implications. Marchipoyaremo malla gurthu techukondi. 

8 minutes ago, Vaampire said:

Visa and lawful residency ni kaluputunnavu bro

Visa is canceled, not legal status. But you brought up an interesting point.. I think even if the new visa is rejected, old visa can be valid unless they cancel the I94 based on inadmissibility rules..