Don't send your passport to India for Dropbox when in US

McDowlMurthy

24 minutes ago, HugoStrange said:

nope bro, the intent of dropbox is you do not need a interview. Ee case lo he is screwed, passport lekunda India travel cheyaledu and without him they wont process it. Even if it was approved without a issue, his visa was stamped out of the country without him traveling abroad. i-94 lo telisipothundi ga bro. 

Vallu stamping approval chese time lo they will check i-94, according to i-94 he is still in USA, adi okka reason chalu deport cheyadaniki ee pichi dash gadini. 

He might have got RFE for the same.

IWP is referred as Drop box. 

IWP - Interview waiver program - You are right

37 minutes ago, snoww said:

using Drop box without travelling to that country might be illegal. Your i94 records has to match with activity in passport. 

If someone else is carrying your passport, all activity will be recorded in that person's passport. So, no activity in passport. I94 records also reflect that the person did not leave the country kada bro. Naa point entantey, documents create cheyanantha varaku, as long as you are truthful, there shouldn't be a problem ani. :) 

20 minutes ago, HugoStrange said:

nope bro, the intent of dropbox is you do not need a interview. Ee case lo he is screwed, passport lekunda India travel cheyaledu and without him they wont process it. Even if it was approved without a issue, his visa was stamped out of the country without him traveling abroad. i-94 lo telisipothundi ga bro. 

Vallu stamping approval chese time lo they will check i-94, according to i-94 he is still in USA, adi okka reason chalu deport cheyadaniki ee pichi dash gadini. 

tana current visa stamping 221G is in no way related to his/her current stay in US. India lo physical ga ledu ani visa deny cheyachu but he/she can stay in US until the date on I-94...passport is a travel document to enter US but is not a document for employment or for continued stay in US.

will USCIS or DHS deport you just because your future H1B extension is denied or got a RFE. cheyaru kada so idi kuda alantide.

24 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Discussion happened ila enduku cheyakudadu ani. Drop box pettindi  2012 loney. Extn ragane recently stamped vallu thought about this option. Immigration forums lo e discussion ayyayi.

Started in late 2011.

so ee option evaranna try chesara inthaku mundu 🤣

9 minutes ago, bayarea said:

tana current visa stamping 221G is in no way related to his/her current stay in US. India lo physical ga ledu ani visa deny cheyachu but he/she can stay in US until the date on I-94...passport is a travel document to enter US but is not a document for employment or for continued stay in US.

will USCIS or DHS deport you just because your future H1B extension is denied or got a RFE. cheyaru kada so idi kuda alantide.

Stamping deny ayithe next emavuthundi ani expect chesthunnav bro. USCIS vadu nidrapothadu aa step taruvatha ani anukuntunnava. Stamping lo deny ayithe, motham case deny chestharu next step lo. Intent to deny/revoke visa ani vasthundi next step. Visa deny ayithe employer pekesthadu. And on top of that all this seems to be illegal, deport chestharu. 

maa friend gadiki visa stamping deny ayyi, next intent to revoke visa ani vachi revoke ayindi. its a different reason for him to get denied but steps ayithe evve untai.

1 hour ago, HugoStrange said:

I still don't get it.. he appointed someone as augthorized representative.. he did not make someone act as him.. so illegal pani cheyaledu anukuntunna bro.. 

inko vishayam.. Indian consulate help teesukuntey temporary travel document istundi.. I don't think he is screwed.. he has ways to reach India.. He too has people working for him (Indian govt).. they will help him see..

migataavi emo bro.. company legal tho maatladata.. i too am curious to know about this.. matladaka chepta..

1 hour ago, MRI said:

I still don't get it.. he appointed someone as augthorized representative.. he did not make someone act as him.. so illegal pani cheyaledu anukuntunna bro.. 

inko vishayam.. Indian consulate help teesukuntey temporary travel document istundi.. I don't think he is screwed.. he has ways to reach India.. He too has people working for him (Indian govt).. they will help him see..

migataavi emo bro.. company legal tho maatladata.. i too am curious to know about this.. matladaka chepta..

may be you are correct in most of it. But just think how USshis looks at this, not how you look at it. Vallakki edi chala suspicious activity laga untundi. Also I remember a Q&A by some officer from the department saying that we are not here to give visas, we are here to reject and root out  suspicious activities

1 minute ago, HugoStrange said:

may be you are correct in most of it. But just think how USshis looks at this, not how you look at it. Vallakki edi chala suspicious activity laga untundi. Also I remember a Q&A by some officer from the department saying that we are not here to give visas, we are here to reject and root out  suspicious activities

exactly bro.. two different depts manage these two things.. Visas are done by Border protection and consular services which come under Department of State.. legal presence is managed by USCIS under dept of homeland security.. these might seem the same but bureaucracy is the same in every country.. 

6 hours ago, MRI said:

Visa and lawful residency ni kaluputunnavu bro

Visa is canceled, not legal status. But you brought up an interesting point.. I think even if the new visa is rejected, old visa can be valid unless they cancel the I94 based on inadmissibility rules..

new visa reject aithe OLD  visa stamp paina cancelled ani raaasthaaaru 99% .. CWOP.. cancelled without Prejudice