Thuuuuu denammma contractor job ki izzathh ledhu

veerigadu

44 minutes ago, samja_varagamana said:

Contract job is like opening blouse and directly drinking bayals.

FT is like we need to pursue , follow, slowly open braa and then finally drink bayals and no guarantee 

samja_varagamana

2 minutes ago, Galactus said:

The lack of respect one has to go through daily in contract jobs is not appealing at all honestly , couple that with eh okati denials , rfes , frequent transfers or fear of project completions and renewals , not able to buy home due to fear of moving to another city etc ,  contracting is not appealing at all to married folks

If you say that you are doing good ,  note that it may be an exception or you may be a star performer or it could simply be COPE to be brutally honest

Contracting may appeal to single folks but as you put on years it simply is not worth the stress..

Saw at different companies where contractors with several years experience still report to younger FTE folks

People who are saying there are not much monetary benefits are discounting the amazing benefits some companies have such as PTO , Sick Leaves , 401k match , Pension , Term Life Insurance , AD&D , Health Insurance (Medical , Dental , Vision ) , Long Term and Short term disability insurances , Stock or ESP programs , Promotions , Role names (This is important as you move up your career sometimes) , Child Care , Spot awards or instant recognization (with or with out monetary value), Certifications and Training reimbursement , MBA/MS Fee reimbursement , Free training programs , Tele commuting etc

With even a few of above benefits it outmatches contracting for most jobs..so tell me where is the benefit in contracting other than feeling 'freedom'? 

Freedom- Isn't this enough ? This outmatches anything. EOD manaki edi workout avutundo manake telustundi.  Its all about choices kadandi ?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Galactus said:

The lack of respect one has to go through daily in contract jobs is not appealing at all honestly , couple that with eh okati denials , rfes , frequent transfers or fear of project completions and renewals , not able to buy home due to fear of moving to another city etc ,  contracting is not appealing at all to married folks

If you say that you are doing good ,  note that it may be an exception or you may be a star performer or it could simply be COPE to be brutally honest

Contracting may appeal to single folks but as you put on years it simply is not worth the stress..

Saw at different companies where contractors with several years experience still report to younger FTE folks

People who are saying there are not much monetary benefits are discounting the amazing benefits some companies have such as PTO , Sick Leaves , 401k match , Pension , Term Life Insurance , AD&D , Health Insurance (Medical , Dental , Vision ) , Long Term and Short term disability insurances , Stock or ESP programs , Promotions , Role names (This is important as you move up your career sometimes) , Child Care , Spot awards or instant recognization (with or with out monetary value), Certifications and Training reimbursement , MBA/MS Fee reimbursement , Free training programs , Tele commuting etc

With even a few of above benefits it outmatches contracting for most jobs..so tell me where is the benefit in contracting other than feeling 'freedom'? 

U r 100% right

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Freedom- Isn't this enough ? This outmatches anything. EOD manaki edi workout avutundo manake telustundi.  Its all about choices kadandi ?

Freedom ante enti

Just now, Amrita said:

Freedom- Isn't this enough ? This outmatches anything.

That simply is a feeling , why do you think FTE is restrictive? If you show initiative you can move to any department and literally do anything here in amrika , saying anything else is a false narrative

Seen in all my previous companies and current ones where people changed teams , moved up , changed roles , moved to different cities , worked from home etc

Saw a couple of people who even quit jobs , different cases

anyway , If you do not like one FTE job you can always change I guess , whats stopping us from changing?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Galactus said:

That simply is a feeling , why do you think FTE is restrictive? If you show initiative you can move to any department and literally do anything here in amrika , saying anything else is a false narrative

Seen in all my previous companies and current ones where people changed teams , moved up , changed roles , moved to different cities , worked from home etc

anyway , If you do not like one FTE job you can always change I guess , whats stopping us from changing?

I moved to FT and yes changing back to contracting . Nothing is stopping me. In fact already changed. 

1 minute ago, Galactus said:

kondar kavalani divrt so ppl compete them may b, ignore baa bettR

5 hours ago, Amrita said:

Grass is always greener on the other side.

FT tesukunte kani teledu Contracting life enta bindas ooh. Nachakapote project inkoti vetukoni dobbeyachu. FT lo nachina nachakunna easy kadu compromise avvali so much. 

It depends on attitude of individual too.  If you are a type who dont give a damn to anyone contracting is best. 

I like Contracting. Manaku talent unte job security isnt a big thing.  Low salary and compromise avvadam kante high salary and work in your terms is best no? ALso , vadu iche 13 leaves not worth it. Consulting lo unte 2 months off petti vacation ki povaachu or can go in between projects. I saw 0 benefit in FT. Idi experience ayyake telisindi.

I agree with most of your points. But marriage ayyaka if you have kids and they go to schools, difficult to move between places, stability kavali.. life priorities changes.. job cannot be the main thing.. appudu FTE makes a lot of difference .that is my experience but it is different based on individual prospectives probably.

5 hours ago, veerigadu said:

How about recognition, compensation and promotions?

as long as you are pain good, who doesnt those matter?

promotions in FT is a very big political game and sometime you succumb to your own plot. PIP ani , not up to standard ani entha chesina avi ichina istharu, peer level pressure ekkuva untundhi irrespective of nationality.

1 minute ago, Amrita said:

I moved to FT and yes changing back to contracting . Nothing is stopping me. 

Yes, thats my point , people can change from FTE if they do not like it

not all FTEs or jobs suit us so its better to make the move and move into a different company or role if we do not like it

1 minute ago, Boom1 said:

I agree with most of your points. But marriage ayyaka if you have kids and they go to schools, difficult to move between places, stability kavali.. life priorities changes.. job cannot be the main thing.. appudu FTE makes a lot of difference .that is my experience but it is different based on prospectives probably.

Agreed nenu cheptondi adey. Mana mentality kuda plays a major part. 

2 minutes ago, Galactus said:

Yes, thats my point , people can change from FTE if they do not like it

not all FTEs or jobs suit us so its better to make the move and move into a different company or role if we do not like it

Agreed nenu ade cheptunna . Contracting and FTE two different worlds . Mana nature attitude batti kuda manaku okati set ayyi okati avvakapovachu. I told my perspective because i am moved back.