Mudragada Not Interested In Joining BJP?

Anta Assamey

Mudragada Not Interested In Joining BJP?

Bharatiya Janata Party’s strategy of luring prominent Kapu leaders into the party to strengthen its base in Andhra Pradesh does not seem to be working out, at least for now.

While senior Telugu Desam Party leader from Srikakulam Kimidi Kala Venkat Rao stoutly denied reports that he would be joining the BJP.

“I will remain with the TDP till my last breath and so will be my family,” he said, reacting to the reports that BJP Andhra Pradesh state president Somu Veerraju had extended invitation to him.

As a result, Veerraju, who was planning to go to Kala Venkat Rao’s residence on Saturday, did not make any such attempt.

However, Veerraju went to the residence of Kapu reservation movement leader and former minister Mudragada Padmanabham at the latter’s residence in Kirlampudi village in East Godavari district to invite him into the party.

Veerraju reportedly told Mudragada that he would be given due respect in the BJP and that the party would definitely take up the reservation for the Kapus under BC quota. Both the leaders had a lengthy talk on this issue.

However, Mudragada reportedly told Veerraju that he would not like to join any political party at this stage and would continue to run the movement for Kapu reservations.

“The moment I choose to join the party, my agitation would lose its sanctity,” he is learnt to have told the BJP leader.

However, Mudragada reportedly assured the BJP state president that he would extend his possible support in the consolidation of Kapu vote bank, if BJP and Jana Sena combine take up the reservation cause.

already anni parties 2 times maresadu inka emi ledu 

tdp 

own party 

congress 

bjp 

tdp 

congress

2014 nunchi jalaganna chetilo pavu 

2 times tdp 

2 times congress 

1 time bjp 

ippudu jaggadiki intiki madhya lo vunnadu