India’s government threatens to punish Twitter employees with fines and prison of up to 7 years unless they block ~250 accounts that criticize PM Modi, including accounts of activists, political commentators, a movie star, and an investigative magazine

dasari4kntr

1 minute ago, betapilli said:

The reason I gave the example of a road side vendor is because we were talking about the farmers bill earlier. 

it has nothing to do with farmers bill.

ok you are trolling. byeee

2 minutes ago, Dosakai said:

do americans pay tax? lol.

they don't even have GST. so much easier to stiff the govt on taxes.

it is a fact, that America has among the largest tax avoidance among small businesses.

sales tax vundigaa...each state varries...

3 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

sales tax vundigaa...each state varries...

mom and pop stores velli books choodu. pretty sure they have two separate books.

America is a tax allergic nation. and I love them for it.

just that pilli has no understanding what tax avoidance means, and is jealous of veggie vendors for not paying tax. in the same breath he's gonna say that high taxes are a problem.

Its a funciton of having zero clue on what one's talking about.

7 minutes ago, Dosakai said:

mom and pop stores velli books choodu. pretty sure they have two separate books.

America is a tax allergic nation. and I love them for it.

just that pilli has no understanding what tax avoidance means, and is jealous of veggie vendors for not paying tax. in the same breath he's gonna say that high taxes are a problem.

Its a funciton of having zero clue on what one's talking about.

Sure, high taxes are a problem, but if you're taxed unfairly, that's a bigger problem. As in employees paying taxes while small businesses not paying taxes despite making the same kind of money. Mama papa stores in the US pay taxes, the IRS will go behind them if they don't. In India, more people don't pay taxes. I don't have a problem with people filing taxes, but getting lower tax rates using tax laws but I have a problem with people not showing their income to the Government to avoid taxes. Because, the former is legal, while the latter is illegal. 

13 minutes ago, betapilli said:

Sure, high taxes are a problem, but if you're taxed unfairly, that's a bigger problem. As in employees paying taxes while small businesses not paying taxes despite making the same kind of money. Mama papa stores in the US pay taxes, the IRS will go behind them if they don't. In India, more people don't pay taxes. I don't have a problem with people filing taxes, but getting lower tax rates using tax laws but I have a problem with people not showing their income to the Government to avoid taxes. Because, the former is legal, while the latter is illegal. 

you basically argue on things I haven't even claimed. and you have successfully hijacked the conversation into pointless discussion on taxes.\

but simply to play along. Sales taxes can be avoided, because it is paid at the point of purchase. IRS can go after those that avoid it, but IRS picks random businesses to audit, and can't audit every business.

GST can't be avoided because it distributes the tax evenly across the product chain from production to retail sales. Even if the retailer avoids the final tax, govt would lose only a fraction of the tax that is due to them.

IRS themselves calculate 22% tax evasion for sales taxes in the US.

as for the rest of your concern about taxes, they are vague. 'unfair' is subjective. its unfair that you get to work with public funds, while having the chance to gain commercially from the fruits of your work, while the taxpayers get nothing in return.

I don't understand why you care about bullshit like this. and you are not even moderately informed on what you are talking about.

1 hour ago, betapilli said:

Fight over water, fight over import export tariff, fight over goods and services? There is no point in getting the country of Telangana or the country of Andhra Pradesh. They are nothing without the money that comes in imports and exports, Andhra Pradesh is already doomed as a state, if it becomes a country, it will further be doomed, no ore for VSP, no investment for oil, not enough taxes for navy. Will be horrible for the country of Andhra Pradesh. 

what import/export or fights on water ? andhra has huge coastline. inkendhi import/export. No one will fight on water. No indian govt - everything will be butter smooth. You are still not asnwering how andhra will be doomed without india when andhra is  a net contributor. It is india which will be doomed.

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

what import/export or fights on water ? andhra has huge coastline. inkendhi import/export. No one will fight on water. No indian govt - everything will be butter smooth. You are still not asnwering how andhra will be doomed without india when andhra is  a net contributor. It is india which will be doomed.

Lol are you saying that Andhra has the resources to develop it's own infrastructure, railways, ports along the coast?

Just now, betapilli said:

Lol are you saying that Andhra has the resources to develop it's own infrastructure, railways, ports along the coast?

what do you mean by 'resources'? 

if AP can print its own money, yes it can build anything it wants, without having to ask for Modi.

If vietnam can do it, AP can too. 

India is a pointless union

1 minute ago, betapilli said:

ofcourse it has. why wuld you think it doesnt

1 minute ago, Telugodura456 said:

ofcourse it has. why wuld you think it doesnt

technically it has, but practically India would browbeat it to the point of exhaustion.

you seem remarkably optimistic about AP as separate nation. while brushing aside everyone who questions such cavaliar attitude.

AP as a separate nation is a bad idea. like I said in earlier conversations with you.

32 minutes ago, betapilli said:

america has a huge tax avoidance problem dude. like compared to its european friends, its a pandemic in the US.

yes, the illegal kind of avoidance only.

3 minutes ago, Dosakai said:

technically it has, but practically India would browbeat it to the point of exhaustion.

you seem remarkably optimistic about AP as separate nation. while brushing aside everyone who questions such cavaliar attitude.

AP as a separate nation is a bad idea. like I said in earlier conversations with you.

What questions ? you have nothing other than contempt based on speculation. India cannot browbeat lanka or bd - how will it browbeat ap? and if ap is seperate you really think tamilandu, orissa will still be part of india? and morover why will ap make enemies with its neighbours it doesnot lust after its land.

13 minutes ago, Telugodura456 said:

This sounds so much like the logic of Brexit. you have no clue what you are saying, no?

it makes more sense if AP govt creates institutions that are independent of the union govt in the state, nurture them for a long while before claiming all this.

Its best to talk about it as a joke now. and not so seriously defend the idea. One day it'll happen. but not in the shape that you think it will.