Best mid size SUV to buy

CricPokChic

1 hour ago, Kalam_Youtheman said:

u get what you pay bro.. simple

I completely agree bro..But ' have that much budget...Just want to get the ideal car for my needs and budget..

First comment and honest review. I was looking for a budget suv which will last me atleast 10 years with low maintenance and have tried pretty much all the budget brands

Bought a Subaru outback six months ago and happy with it so far. In this price range, nothing can beat this car in terms of safety and driving ability(if you're into off-roading). Outback has the best ground clearance and also you don't have to struggle to get in as it's a crossover wagon. They fixed a lot of issues like head gasket problems and cabin wind noise starting from 2020 and you will never have to worry about rear seat comfort and cargo space. Someone was suggesting to go with a RAV4, it's a soulless car and pretty much every Toyota is like that, there's a reason for them being so reliable(outdated tech and their safety system is a joke). 

If you're looking for a sporty SUV, CX5 is the only budget option but you have to sacrifice comfort. The rear seat is almost useless if either the driver or the front passenger is 6 ft and above. Don't go for a German car unless you're willing to spend $1500+ a year in maintenance once they're out of warranty. Been there done that

If you're flexible with your budget, see if you can go for a Volvo XC60. It drives as good as a German car, not so expensive to maintain and hands down the safest brand on the planet.  Let me know if you need more help

4 minutes ago, shaktimaan said:

First comment and honest review. I was looking for a budget suv which will last me atleast 10 years with low maintenance and have tried pretty much all the budget brands

Bought a Subaru outback six months ago and happy with it so far. In this price range, nothing can beat this car in terms of safety and driving ability(if you're into off-roading). Outback has the best ground clearance and also you don't have to struggle to get in as it's a crossover wagon. They fixed a lot of issues like head gasket problems and cabin wind noise starting from 2020 and you will never have to worry about rear seat comfort and cargo space. Someone was suggesting to go with a RAV4, it's a soulless car and pretty much every Toyota is like that, there's a reason for them being so reliable(outdated tech and their safety system is a joke). 

If you're looking for a sporty SUV, CX5 is the only budget option but you have to sacrifice comfort. The rear seat is almost useless if either the driver or the front passenger is 6 ft and above. Don't go for a German car unless you're willing to spend $1500+ a year in maintenance once they're out of warranty. Been there done that

If you're flexible with your budget, see if you can go for a Volvo XC60. It drives as good as a German car, not so expensive to maintain and hands down the safest brand on the planet.  Let me know if you need more help

Thanks a lot for the detailed suggestions bro!!.Will DM if I need more info..

4 minutes ago, CricPokChic said:

Thanks a lot for the detailed suggestions bro!!.Will DM if I need more info..

You're welcome! If you like Subaru, research more on what exactly you want.

• If it's comfort and highway cruising, go with an Outback.
  • If you like more ground clearance and good visibility, go with a Forester. 

Also, never ever buy a first gen fist year model(ex: Telluride/Palisade) unless you're desperate. You'll be the beta tester and any big issues if at all will be fixed in the coming years.

1 minute ago, shaktimaan said:

You're welcome! If you like Subaru, research more on what exactly you want.

• If it's comfort and highway cruising, go with an Outback.
  • If you like more ground clearance and good visibility, go with a Forester. 

Also, never ever buy a first gen fist year model(ex: Telluride/Palisade) unless you're desperate. You'll be the beta tester and any big issues if at all will be fixed in the coming years.

The reviews for pallisade and telluride are really good from what i heard...is it not the case?

5 minutes ago, CricPokChic said:

The reviews for pallisade and telluride are really good from what i heard...is it not the case?

Yes, they are very good. But no one can tell how reliable they are or if they're going to have any big powertrain issues in the future, only time will. You can live peacefully with their 10 year powertrain warranty but I won't.