Blind lo oka deena gaadha

zarathustra

I am in tech.
My wife works in tech but is seriously underpaid.

I make over 500k in TC every year, while she makes 80k in TC with minimal benefits. She started off with 60k in 2016.

She knows how underpaid she is, but ever since she married me she has lost interest in interviewing - also, she has taken her interview rejections to her heart, and completely lost her confidence.

Ever since I got my high paying tech job, I didn’t care about her income anymore. I think it’s pointless for her to work but I am happy if the work she does makes her happy.

But in the back of my mind, I am looking at the worst case possibility of me being put into PIP or get laid off, and we won’t be afford the life we have. She understands this full well, but she does not want to interview - because of

* lack of confidence.
* loves with her current job & work friends.
* lazy / lack of motivation.

I respect her decision, but she is actually a brilliant Data scientist, and she can easily get a job at FAANG, if she practices leetcode.

I am torn between

- asking her to get a tech job so we can have better security in the Bay Area.

- let her live her life as she wants, and be happy with what we make. I know that tech job does not mean happiness ... it’s even harder to find a job you love.

I don’t know if I am expecting something unrealistic, but i feel like if I lose my job, I’d have to hustle and interview and get into tech job again, while she could do the same. I have tried my best to paint the worst case scenarios, but she feels too comfortable with the current life. I don’t know if it’s wrong for me to ask my partner to get FAANG tech job - especially when she is very qualified for it.

My background:

I had some failed business and I was ultra poor 6 years ago. (Ultra poor = 100k in credit card debt and no money to pay rent, and squatted for a few months). So I understand what big tech money can do in life. I just don’t want to be in that situation again.

Also I fell in love with my wife as she is a really simple gal, who brightens my day everyday.

#tech #relationships

5 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Copied from Blind

blind ga blind nundi copy chesi ikkada blind ga post chesav aithe...nenu blind ga reply iddham anukunna and let me try bronbisdchjkle....ayyayyo edho type chesa bro blind ga...sorry....Brahmi GIF - Brahmi GIFs

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Anta Assamey said:

500K ante em job chestunadu vadu ... Calling all IT professional to answer..33mtnj.gif

same question.. 33mtnj.gif

1 hour ago, dewarist said:

500 K sampadisthu, it doesn't even cross his mind that he needs to have a conversation with his wife rather than posting on blind. Emi telivi raa needi

Pellalatgo conversation vundadhu 

vallu edi ante ade right 

nee mata friends vintaru chuttalu vintaru 

pellam mata nuuvu vinali 

He thinks she has lot of potential and is not utilizing it to earn more money... may be she doesn’t care about money as much as he does..  and she is happy with her current job... 

I know few people who are millionaires and talk as if they don’t know how they are going to get their next meal.. I joke with them asking if they have enough money to buy a rice bag for the week... 😄