Software development is most hectic job, should be paid way more, how many agree?

ChinnaBhasha

2 minutes ago, Raazu said:

The line nen who were working for 3 days nonstop during the snow storm to get the power back was the most tuff and hectic!

Lol, and how frequently they work that way. 

Just now, ChinnaBhasha said:

Lol, and how frequently they work that way. 

Why r u Lol’ing bro??? They work when the need arises day in and day out, not everything and every time will be on news for everyone to know!

It all depends on the project manager. If he can define the scope of the project well, and assign roles according to people's strengths, I think the job is okay

I've never worked in a software development job, btw. I've never worked in a corporate setting too. I just know that most managers are clueless hacks and that puts the burden on employees.

Just now, Raazu said:

Why r u Lol’ing bro??? They work when the need arises day in and day out, not everything and every time will be on news for everyone to know!

You brought in a wrong example... they are emergency services.. you cannot compare that with our job. 

I would say job in army is most risky as they put their life on the line.. and deserved to be paid more than president or PM.. 

thing is how frequently they work that way

• Upvote 1

Taking away all the meetings and junk work, if you are really doing 2-3 hours of focused development work every day, you are working decently... honestly, many of us don’t do anything exciting unless you are working some breakthrough product, which most of us don’t.. 

3 minutes ago, Raazu said:

This is not a competition bro. the linemen have some sort of collective bargain mechanism, software developers still live in wonderland where they are hitech workers and don't need any collective representation, to speak their concerns to the management.

1 minute ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

You brought in a wrong example... they are emergency services.. you cannot compare that with our job. 

I would say job in army is most risky as they put their life on the line.. and deserved to be paid more than president or PM.. 

army must be disbanded. I'm gonna stay in an army quarters in the next month. my cousin is worried that I'm gonna talk like this when someone is around. He's already told me that he's not responsible if I get my neck broken. hehe..

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

software is a new field, and things are not standardized yet. When they are, and the projects are much better defined, then the pay is gonna drop like a ton of bricks.

Its purely due to the hacker nature of the job that it is paid more.