Tax return file chesara

punyavathi

1 hour ago, Sarvapindi said:

Not much refund ....thatsy

because i put the withholding almost right, i don't expect lots of refund.

2 hours ago, ShruteSastry said:

Filed Using Credit Karma, Both Fed and State. Waiting on the Refund (not much)

Its free, don't know why most people used paid services. 

Same been using CK since last 3 years(basic filing), always wondered why people pay money.

I heard even IRS a free tool for basic filing.

15 minutes ago, Spartan said:

IRS basic free tool...there is income limit...to file for free.... no indian falls in that bracket.

Credit Karma....any tool..that is free...is making money out of ur data.

so technically....ur data is his product same like Google.

regular data is fine, why provide SSN, Income details for free

@Epic  @ShruteSastry

manak vache 1k-10k returns ki..75$ spend cheyadam lo tappu ledu.

Now that intuit had bought CK, how does TT treat our Sensitive data different than CK( same applies to desi CPAs)

I have had CK account for many years so I thought why no do taxes with them, as you said manakockke 500-1000 returns ki why spend 75 again (for basic filing).

i agree with IRS tool, income thing somehow slipped my mind.

12 hours ago, Spartan said:

returns ravali

but waiting for stimulus bill to pass before i file the tax

ledante 2020 AGI chusi check ivvademo

rich man

6 minutes ago, Epic said:

Now that intuit had bought CK, how does TT treat our Sensitive data different than CK( same applies to desi CPAs)

I have had CK account for many years so I thought why no do taxes with them, as you said manakockke 500-1000 returns ki why spend 75 again (for basic filing).

i agree with IRS tool, income thing somehow slipped my mind.

Intuit koninde a Tax info data kosam..

but still they are not responsible for ur data loss since ur dealing with Credit Karma..not Intuit.

mari Intuit odide Turbo Tax undi..why is he not offering it for free then....

thats the catch there.

PS: if u r fine with desi CPAs dealing with ur info..u shud be fine with CK also....own perspective antey.

3 minutes ago, Spartan said:

mari Intuit odide Turbo Tax undi..why is he not offering it for free then....

From what I know - TurboTax is also free for basic filIng, CK does not offer complex filing and it just does the basic filing which is free as well.

1 minute ago, Epic said:

From what I know - TurboTax is also free for basic filIng, CK does not offer complex filing and it just does the basic filing which is free as well.

yes Federal basic is free for any tool...Turbotax, TaxAct etc.

but once u start adding other income sources, u will be charged 45$ for Fed and 35$ for state depending on the deal u get.

still i would prefer turbotax or taxact for basic, even if it is free..

2 minutes ago, Epic said:

Federal filing is free. State ki manam pay chesukovali and e file ki pay chesukovali.

4 minutes ago, Spartan said:

yes Federal basic is free for any tool...Turbotax, TaxAct etc.

but once u start adding other income sources, u will be charged 45$ for Fed and 35$ for state depending on the deal u get.

still i would prefer turbotax or taxact for basic, even if it is free..

Got it. Whole point was how can we know any company doesn’t sell our data be it CK or TT. It all comes down to how you look at it and how you save money.

6 minutes ago, Amrita said:

Federal filing is free. State ki manam pay chesukovali and e file ki pay chesukovali.

I was saying Free edition of TT Which is free for state & fed where you still give your info to them.

Just now, Epic said:

Got it. Whole point was how can we know any company doesn’t sell our data be it CK or TT. It all comes down to how you look at it and how you save money.

when u r paying for ur data to be stored, then the host is responsible for protecting it (even if he sells). Intuit. In case if there is a data breach there, he will help u by giving credit monitoring etc...

free service ki CK wont do that...and u r left on ur own to secure ur stuff.

2 hours ago, ShruteSastry said:

Filed Using Credit Karma, Both Fed and State. Waiting on the Refund (not much)

Its free, don't know why most people used paid services. 

Good to know 

because almost all using paid services either do not want their time to be spent in USA and later break their head to go over those details yet again 

but people are slowly changing and trying things to do by themselves and your post is a good motivator

scenario : am not sure where all things exist that can be put to a real good use to gain the most and still be covered in the future to deal with hassles and questions if any

btw dealt with state guys by myself and it was such a good experience they closed my case as I was able to prove myself and come out clean