My wife and I had an agreement to help put each other through school. Now that she's through, she's filing for divorce (NM)

Mirage

9 minutes ago, Mirage said:

New Mexico case. Baadithudu Desi aa Videsi aa teliyadu 

Sometime back oka desi lady arizona state oo new mexico state oo, after marriage law school ayyindi ani babu tho linkedin profile lo post pettindi. It became viral. 

4 minutes ago, betapilli said:

Ofcourse, they change over time. That's why you need to put in the extra effort when you're in long distance relationships. 

That guy did support his partner by providing and pursue her degree before himself. Does that not qualify as the extra effort? 

19 minutes ago, betapilli said:

No, kani long distance relationships work differently when compared to normal relationships. People need to put in the extra effort to make it work. 

You are so right pilli, that's one of the reasons why I gave up some more lucrative offers as I had to be away from my wife. I would rather be closer to her and maintain a happy relationship than be far away and drift apart in the pursuit of professional betterment

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, betapilli said:

Sometime back oka desi lady arizona state oo new mexico state oo, after marriage law school ayyindi ani babu tho linkedin profile lo post pettindi. It became viral. 

Aa viral ayina news nenu kuda chusinattuga gurthu

8 minutes ago, betapilli said:

What if the man finds someone better? 

guys don't hit on someone in first place after being in relationship. There will be exceptions though. 

My wife is supportive of paying for me through law school if I decide to go back full time, which I was thinking about. 

However I myself am thinking that I would probably do it part time if I decide to do it at all

10 minutes ago, jambalhaatraja said:

lol .ide desi couple ki aite. US aina India aina chempa meeda phata phata rendu peekite 2 mins lo resolve ayipotundi

Civil case ni kaastha Criminal case daarilo teesukellali antav 

13 minutes ago, jambalhaatraja said:

lol .ide desi couple ki aite. US aina India aina chempa meeda phata phata rendu peekite 2 mins lo resolve ayipotundi

Appudu criminal charges esi bokka lo tostharu

4 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

My wife is supportive of paying for me through law school if I decide to go back full time, which I was thinking about. 

However I myself am thinking that I would probably do it part time if I decide to do it at all

ATB! 

15 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Appudu criminal charges esi bokka lo tostharu

all cases dont come out bro and you think everyone will approach law for these petty things. 

12 minutes ago, jambalhaatraja said:

all cases dont come out bro and you think everyone will approach law for these petty things. 

US lo ayithe definite ga physical violence unte mostly police ni approach avutharu bro. 

My friend's wife beat him up with a frying pan and called the police and told them that he was the one that beat her up. Police came home, saw the whole scenario and figured out that she was the abuser. Strong warning ichi vellaru aameku

1 hour ago, Mirage said:

//Basically what the title says. My wife and I both wanted to pursue careers that require advanced degrees. We came up with a plan for each of us to work full time while putting the other through school. 

For the past five years I've worked to help put her through the last two years of her bachelor's degree and three years of law school. She's graduating in May. In this time, I've covered all of our expenses, rent, utilities, as well as payments to her loans. At the end of this semester there will be about $75k worth of loans that I am co-signed for. 

When I excitedly spoke of how much better things will be once she graduates, she was very non-committal and kept saying, "We'll see," when I talked about applying for my program. 

Two weeks ago, I was served with divorce papers. I was completely blindsided by this. When I asked her for an explanation, she simply replied that we'd been growing apart for a while and she needed to find her happiness. I found out this weekend that she met someone in school. He is the son of a named partner of a prominent law firm. 

She wants the student loan debt split 50/50 in the divorce. She is asking for no spousal support as she does not need it. When I responded that if she's going to be working as an attorney that I would be filing for spousal support, she called me a bunch of emasculating names and said, "It's over, okay? You need to let me go and be happy for me." 

I have barely eaten or slept since this happened. I have a consultation with a divorce attorney on Wednesday. I just feel hopeless. She hasn't worked in five years, is she free to just walk away and leave me with nothing? I know she has no income right now, but her earning will be significant in the future. Am I totally screwed?//

Karma tests everyone with some goodies to betray people who supported them on their way, good and the bad thing is it doesn't have any expiry date and people cannot expect when it will strike

betrayal is as good ad killing someone

he should ask for the entire amount that was paid for his education and move on with his life and watch how karma takes that lady down, he will be better off finding some loyal partner in future