Smoking

Glenlivet

I am on and off bro , I think cold turkey is the only way bro, if available unte oka 3 days vacation tisuko just for your self 5 days connect with nature no stress etc work so then continue the process, don't go for nicotine patches etc its just will power adn some stress free environment in the beginning 

28 minutes ago, Glenlivet said:

How to quit? Appreciate the suggestions  from any successful quitters 🙏🏼

Been close to 7 months since I quit smoking.. it might work diff from person to person on stopping the desire.. for me I use to drink water and always had a bottle with me so that baita una help audi ani.. so far going strong 

• Upvote 2

Oka fine morning lesi,naku eee alavatu ae ledhu ankunte aypoy, I quit after smoking for 7 years

Eat a dark chocolate when u have urge instead of smoking 

25 minutes ago, MasterSujith said:

Oka fine morning lesi,naku eee alavatu ae ledhu ankunte aypoy, I quit after smoking for 7 years

Eat a dark chocolate when u have urge instead of smoking 

K ... Kani mana life lo fine mrngs lekapothey how 

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, KaipuRaja said:

Been close to 7 months since I quit smoking.. it might work diff from person to person on stopping the desire.. for me I use to drink water and always had a bottle with me so that baita una help audi ani.. so far going strong 

I used to have coffee instead of water - worked for me but later malli start chesina. Malli quit ayina oka 1 month nunchi. 

2 hours ago, Glenlivet said:

Here are the issues with smoking....

Lets say you are in the age range of 28-35

If you continue smoking, you are at risk for following things:: Not to scare you, but fear sometimes help us make better/safe decisions

1. Coronary artery disease

2. Brain stroke

3. COPD [ inflammation of lungs]

4. Being a guy from Indian back ground, we are also at risk for TAO[ Thromboangitis obliterans], where distal legs lose blood supply, one will be left with no option , but amputation

5. High risk of prostate cancer 

6. Carotid artery disease[ Neck blood vessels will be plugged with gunk]

7. Social issues [ Friends, family hating your habit]

Things to do:

Start with nicotine gum, eventually replace it with normal gum. 

Make sure you are chewing some gum all the time. 

Start drinking green tea.

Try to substitute your smoking habit with other habits. 

2 hours ago, Glenlivet said:

Smoke chesthe covid vosthundhi ani mind lo fix ayipo!

u r not scared of cancer, covid o lekka antava?

There is no hard and fast formula to quit , just make it up in your mind that you r going to quit smoking! Your will power needs to be strong! 

24 minutes ago, Raazu said:

Smoke chesthe covid vosthundhi ani mind lo fix ayipo!

u r not scared of cancer, covid o lekka antava?

There is no hard and fast formula to quit , just make it up in your mind that you r going to quit smoking! Your will power needs to be strong! 

Idigo elagey maaa frnd ki COVID vachinde smoker, vuntey untam pothey potham ani care free ga smoker cheshadhu he is totally fine em kaledhu anuko 

First and most important thing is for you to make up your mind and be determined to quit.

Once you're ready, read this book. It doesn't work if you're not determined to quit.

https://www.amazon.com/Allen-Carrs-Smoking-Without-Willpower/dp/178404542X/ref=sr_1_4?dchild=1&keywords=how+to+quit+smoking&qid=1615153133&sr=8-4

I gifted this book to 3 of my close friends and luckily they all quit after reading it.

Good luck and hope you do it too!

U smoke today u die tmrw mrng bruh ela anuko and ne heart lo Nunchi nuve gattiga anukovali .. i have food addiction and this is what i do.. nuvu okasari gattiga fix aipo that no one or no thing can control me and I control everything .. think of it like u r losing ur self-respect if ur addiction is controlling u