Women belong in the kitchen.

sri_india

In the speech, she described seeing a TV commercial in school for Procter & Gamble dishwashing soap, whose tagline claimed, "Women all over America are fighting greasy pots and pans." After two male classmates made a joke about how women "belong" in the kitchen, Markle became frustrated.

"I remember feeling shocked and angry and also just feeling so hurt. It just wasn't right and something needed to be done," she said in the speech.

She told her father about the incident, and he encouraged Markle to make her voice heard. 

"He encouraged me to write letters, so I did, to the most powerful people I could think of," she said, which included Hillary Clinton, civil rights lawyer Gloria Allred, journalist Linda Ellerbee, and Procter & Gamble.

About a month later, Procter & Gamble made the tagline gender-neutral, changing "Women all over America" to, "People all over America."

A young Markle explains the incident in a 1993 Nick News segment on Nickelodeon, which was recently resurfaced by Inside Edition.

The video shows Markle and her classmates watching the commercial as part of a social studies assignment.

You can watch Markle's full UN speech here.

14 minutes ago, sri_india said:

deenipi meee spandana emiti saar 

Adavallani Vanta inti kudellu ani ananduku ... All ladies ki kshamapana cheppi ... Next women's day ki tala oka burger free ga ivvali ...Brahmi-2_1.gif?1337103173

5 minutes ago, Picheshwar said:

nuvve handle chestunnava aa twitter handle???

ikkada bold lo petti type chesee opika undi , kaani aa twitter medha click chesthy vocheee details chusee opika ledhu ....ayyooo RjWP4B.gif

2 minutes ago, sri_india said:

okkada bold lo petti type chesee opika undi , kaani aa twitter medha click chesthy vocheee details chusee opika ledhu ....ayyooo RjWP4B.gif

Ledu bro... inthaku answer iyyale

Just now, kittaya said:

maaku negative ante ne istamm kada

andhukee ala pettadu .... meeku kavalsinanth undi teesukooo .....

if they really care about women ... they should have tweet this any other 364 days .... it just looks like their promotion to use this day