When did you realize that caste groups existed?

Iriswest

when we start working in high populated area like dallas and baya area - when you start a indian cetric business especially telugu movies , restaurants , consulting business 

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

casteism will change. It will take new forms, new social relations (some of them inclusive to specific kind of lower castes), like it is happening in cities.

But whatever happens, a huge chunk of people at the top will always be mediocre, telling themselves that passing some stupid exam means they are meritorious and deserve their place in the society. 

meanwhile at the bottom, we'll have a lot of smart human wasting their life doing menial work without having any stake in the society.

those at the top get together to gossip about social relations, about not being allowed into so and so gym because of whatever conditions... now we have feminism, gay rights, trans rights to the mix. a lot of upper class sh1ts fight exclusively for these rights while shouting down poor people, to feel good about themselves.

accurate description 

ever since I learnt about caste, I lost all my social skills. Not like I had any. Atleast people used to be very cautious around me. Now they can dismiss me as a kook, because empathizing with others is considered a weakness.

anyway good riddance.  almost all uppercaste sh1ts are worthless to talk to. Their whinings are music to my ears.

inter lo one comma guy said to me theirs is top caste.. I listened and didn't mind much.. pillagadiki caste feeling ankoni odilesna. 

Than in btech I saw and understood what these caste groups are 

6 minutes ago, ChinnaBhasha said:

inter lo one comma guy said to me theirs is top caste.. I listened and didn't mind much.. pillagadiki caste feeling ankoni odilesna. 

Than in btech I saw and understood what these caste groups are 

one Raju guy said the same thing to me. He didn't say top or something. He said they are special, and were always the rulers or some such thing.

I didn't understand what he was saying. 

Chinnappati nunchi telusu. Really shock matram Inter lo. Maa lowercaste friend ni emotional torture chesaru roommates. When she was not present real intentions bayatapettaru. Lower caste ni character tho equate chesaru. Tanu room maarindi. Aa PoS roommates tho inkonni months nenu padi Nenu same room ki maaraanu. Akkademo telangana santha. Caste feeling ledhu kaani area feeling. Same friend uttarandhra lo village. Aa kotha room lo telangana side oka village nunchi ammayi. Regional feelings tho choicest words tho bhoothulu tittukunevaru. Naa friend Inko room maarindi. Aa room lo they were mix of all people of all castes/ regions. Finally she was happy. 
 Inka btech ayithe caste groups/ caste gola. I had friends from all castes upper to lower. But Naa laanti vallu chala takkuva. Ammayi kabatti bathikipoya. Abbayillo ala undevallani arey enduku raa vallatho tiriguthunnav anukuntu godavalu padi kottukoni hopistals lo admit ayinavallu kooda unnaru. But final year ki vachesariki konchem liberal ga undi caste gola lo irukkunna vallu andaritho kalisipoyaru. Karadu gattina caste vaadulu matram still valla groups thone tirige vaaru.

Never faced caste issues in USA. Probably because I did not live in big cities. St Louis lo em caste gola untundi Naa bondha. Adhi kaaka maa office lo antha gola kooda undadhu

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ellen said:

Happened in college days. Edo cultural fest  ki some random uurlo oka college poinapudu. We went to eat in the canteen, then some people said, this part of canteen is reserved for chow other side for non chows ani.  Akada kuchuntene chowmein dorkuntundemo ankoni almost tempted to sit. Then my very woke friends told me what exactly it was. Konchem time patttindi digest kavadanki then I turned east and prayed to balayya. 

ekada adi, and college name? 

1 hour ago, RoadRomeo said:

christian ne cheskunte prob solved.

Christians lo kooda caste lu choostharu. If you don’t know know it now. Converted people don’t forget their roots. Upper caste Christians don’t really marry into lower. Church lo andaru same since churches takkuva untayi but when it comes to socializing, matter different untundi. Ippudu galli ki oka church vachindi kabatti same church ki vellalsina avasaram kooda ledhu

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ellen said:

yento-endo-emo.gif

That was the first time I faced regionalism in life. Aa people meedha Adhe feeling undi.  Bunch of friends lo only 2 girls were normal.  Vaalle Naa Facebook lo Inka untaru. Migatha valla names kooda gurthu leru. Every one else had regional feelings. 

1 hour ago, Telugodura456 said:

Yea basically you dont need caste as it will never stop you from getting what you want. so you can afford not to  bother about caste and still be OK. But for most lower castes they have to pay a lot including their life if they do not know thier place.

nee badha needey na man... true india lo poor caste people ni thakuva chustharu andhuke teledhu anavu ok ... thanaki ilanti situation raledhu alagani cast egurinchi pattinchukovala ... 

3 hours ago, Amrita said:

MS lo. 

Reddy only reddy ki assistantships ki recommend cheyadam.

Kamma only kamma ki recommend cheyadam.

ISA president only kamma eligible avvadam.

Seniors caste adagadam for allowing as roommate.

Fuses out.  Hyd lo evaru nannu caste enti ani adagale and i didnt knew caste groups even exist.

caste feeling is mostly from Andhra and rayalaseema. 

In telangana - i rarely felt caste feeling. Sorry to say - yes, we used to hate the guys with reservations and coming to NIT, Osmania, IIT with ultra poor ranks/ marks.. We also hated girls for claiming 35% reservation 

The best time I had was in Hyderabad to an extent. No casteism/ no regional feelings. But northeast valla meedha discrimination choosa. A girl from Assam undedhi. Nobody really mingled with her. Maybe people did not really understand her background.