Beginners Guide for scotch brands

csrcsr

6 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

i tasted that...rampur...not so great...

macallan, glenlivet was really good...didnt try others...

Thanks bro saved my money, indian single malt e 3 anta ,

1 minute ago, csrcsr said:

oka brand vundi costco lo...blue box lo vuntadi...next time vellinappudu daani peru gurthupettukunta...

it was also good...

• Thanks 1

Kamet Whisky – The new Indian single malt

Kamet1-604x270.jpg

After releasing the world’s first gin containing cashew and a Darjeeling Gin, both under the brand ‘Jin Jiji’, Peak Spirits, co-founded by Ansh Khanna, launches their first-ever whisky called Kamet, as a JV with the Piccadily Distillery. The name derives from Mount Kamet, India’s third highest peak located in Uttarakhand, and it is distilled near Kurukshetra in Haryana. And happily, for us, unlike the Gins that are only available in the international market, Kamet whisky is now available in Goa.

Kamet1-200x300.jpg

Ansh’s partner Ken Fredrickson has been a keen enthusiast of the Himalayas for years and was very inspired by Mt Kamet and therefore the name.

Kamet whisky is made using the famous six row barley, indigenous to India sourced from the foothills of the Himalayas, irrigated by melting glacier water.

Maturation

The team is very passionate about their casks, and they use a combination of ex-Bourbon American Oak, ex-Wine French Oak and historic ex-Sherry casks. The wine and sherry casks give the single malt a vinous touch, something very close to the hearts of the founders.

A parrot also has pride of place on the label. The Indian parrot from our mythology and popular folklore where the parrot is revered as a messenger, a fortune teller, an important part of the culture in the villages surrounding the distillery near Kurukshetra.

Creators

Made in custom Indian-made copper pot stills, with the skills of two legendary master blenders – Surrinder Kumar, the father of Indian Single Malt and Nancy Fraley – Director of Education of the American Distilling Institute.

Kumar has worked at Amrut Distilleries for over three decades before becoming an independent consultant last year, while Fraley is a whiskey and rum blender based in Berkeley, California.

What does it taste like?

Thanks to the wine, bourbon and sherry casks, Kamet has a fruity aroma profile with oaky spice forward notes, complemented with vanilla and caramel.

At first sip, Kamet is very vibrant with a hint of the oak. There’s certainly a hint of vanilla and dried fruit notes. There’s a sweet chocolatey after-taste on the palate. So smooth in fact, that before I know it, the glass was done.

Khanna recommends the whisky be enjoyed neat, on the rocks or with a splash of water

Kamet is launched with a special introductory price of INR 2699 for the for the first few months and will be INR 2999 thereafter.

Gaurav Sareen, Tulleeho

On 4/18/2021 at 5:29 PM, dasari4kntr said:

oka brand vundi costco lo...blue box lo vuntadi...next time vellinappudu daani peru gurthupettukunta...

it was also good...

We're yiu talking about founder reserve from glenlevit bro?

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Nothing like Balvenie.

Balvenie 14 yr old my favorite 

So carrebian cask a bro 14 ante or double wood , single barrel kuda unda ?? I tasted12 double wood if correct 

Just now, csrcsr said:

So carrebian cask a bro 14 ante or double wood , single barrel kuda unda ?? I tasted12 double wood if correct 

Caribbean cask baa all time favorite naaku

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Caribbean cask baa all time favorite naaku

Cool oka roju try chestha looks expensive

E roju arbelour try chedam.ani planning pothuna totalwines ki

• 3 weeks later...