Nee yavva. After 2 years prep. Kottina Bay Area la 350 K

jambalhaatraja

Just now, EisMcSquare said:

Congrats... may i know which company?

obv bro. I cannot tell company. But its top tech in bay area and not FAANG. I can tell that

5 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

devops oddanna career kukkal chimpina visthari ayithadi

Just having devops will be of no use 

atu developer kaadu itu engineer kaadu. you will mostly be automating things and building infrastructure. with cloud, infra is just a button click. 

modd laaa FAANG 

endhi eee DB lo FAANG FAAANG ani cheddii tearings... 3 out of 4 my frnds who joined came off after an year from FAANG companies... dhoooola dhoooola theerichesthaaaruu.. no work life balance....staring lo no work ani time pass did... but once performance times comes.. neeeeku uccchee.... stress stress stress..

infact one person from AWS recently joined our company with same above feeling...

FAANg ah naaa Mod ahh

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, jambalhaatraja said:

Just having devops will be of no use 

atu developer kaadu itu engineer kaadu. you will mostly be automating things and building infrastructure. with cloud, infra is just a button click. 

Exactly the thing about staying in DevOps is, ippudu inka companies are still mostly moving towards Cloud and not completely moved to Cloud yet so bandi nadipiyyochu. But in the near future once all the companies migrate to Cloud, there's no need of a Cloud Engineer as it requires minimal work to keep the services up and running in the cloud. 

So appudu malli back to square one, antha kanna better atleast now oka Data Science type role ki transition kaatam better even if that means taking a paycut anedi naa opinion. What do you think? 

6 minutes ago, Kalam_Youtheman said:

modd laaa FAANG 

endhi eee DB lo FAANG FAAANG ani cheddii tearings... 3 out of 4 my frnds who joined came off after an year from FAANG companies... dhoooola dhoooola theerichesthaaaruu.. no work life balance....staring lo no work ani time pass did... but once performance times comes.. neeeeku uccchee.... stress stress stress..

infact one person from AWS recently joined our company with same above feeling...

FAANg ah naaa Mod ahh

That's always there. But emo it all depends on your luck and the team you join. 

Naa friend gaadu Google lo chesthadu vaadi wife ki edo 6 months bootcamp lo training ippinchi oka data engineer role lo ki toyinchesaadu google lo ne. work kastha cool picha lite types annadu so she's been there for 5 years now in that role

Just now, zarathustra said:

Exactly the thing about staying in DevOps is, ippudu inka companies are still mostly moving towards Cloud and not completely moved to Cloud yet so bandi nadipiyyochu. But in the near future once all the companies migrate to Cloud, there's no need of a Cloud Engineer as it requires minimal work to keep the services up and running in the cloud. 

So appudu malli back to square one, antha kanna better atleast now oka Data Science type role ki transition kaatam better even if that means taking a paycut anedi naa opinion. What do you think? 

Yes bro. mana skill emi unna sare it should have demand in market also. If you plan to stay in devops I would say rather target the cloud provider itself like Amazon google MSFT as they do millions of automated deployments every day using devops. 

For other companies devops is some one who just takes code and automates it. 

6 minutes ago, Kalam_Youtheman said:

modd laaa FAANG 

FAANg ah naaa Mod ahh

remember this. safe job antu emi undadu in world. first year D teeripotundi 2nd year kooda same. Dont you think atleast 3 year you will get better at things. 

You either improve day on day and master or just give up saying day 1 itself saying naa valla kaadu ra bai ani

2 minutes ago, jambalhaatraja said:

Yes bro. mana skill emi unna sare it should have demand in market also. If you plan to stay in devops I would say rather target the cloud provider itself like Amazon google MSFT as they do millions of automated deployments every day using devops. 

For other companies devops is some one who just takes code and automates it. 

Yup DevOps anedi limited in scope you are right if we work for Amazon, MSFT or Google who provide these services that might be fine but then you are limiting yourself to 3 companies out of 100s out there. 

Nenu choosa bro most companies don't even have a proper understanding of what they need DevOps for, edo trending buzzword la they use DevOps and they think a DevOps Engineer is the one stop shop for all their issues even if they are issues in the code their developers wrote. Naaku personal ga experience ayyi chethulu kalayi bro so anduke jagrattaga adugu munduku vestunna. 

I don't mind staying unemployed for 6 months and learning a skill that will keep me employed atleast for the next 5 years, that's what I am thinking right now. aa 6 months lo edo okati cheyali ani tondara padi edi padithey adi accept chesthey long term lo naake bokka

15 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

devops oddanna career kukkal chimpina visthari ayithadi

I have mixed feelings bro kani ippudu situation ki thagattu doing trainer fellow saying no language needed to learn and ikkada python nerchukondi ani saying emi ardham avatle, devops la coding gatra undadhu anukuntna but will focus on a  prog L anyway. Devops lo long stay not planning anna only for time being, oka clear path vesukoni jump aipotha

2 minutes ago, jambalhaatraja said:

remember this. safe job antu emi undadu in world. first year D teeripotundi 2nd year kooda same. Dont you think atleast 3 year you will get better at things. 

You either improve day on day and master or just give up saying day 1 itself saying naa valla kaadu ra bai ani

what im saying is FAANG FAANG ani cheddi tear avsaram ledhu.. 

4 minutes ago, zarathustra said:

Yup DevOps anedi limited in scope you are right if we work for Amazon, MSFT or Google who provide these services that might be fine but then you are limiting yourself to 3 companies out of 100s out there. 

Nenu choosa bro most companies don't even have a proper understanding of what they need DevOps for, edo trending buzzword la they use DevOps and they think a DevOps Engineer is the one stop shop for all their issues even if they are issues in the code their developers wrote. Naaku personal ga experience ayyi chethulu kalayi bro so anduke jagrattaga adugu munduku vestunna. 

I don't mind staying unemployed for 6 months and learning a skill that will keep me employed atleast for the next 5 years, that's what I am thinking right now. aa 6 months lo edo okati cheyali ani tondara padi edi padithey adi accept chesthey long term lo naake bokka

ante ippudu developers gallu cheyse pani kuda mana nethina vesthara 

4 minutes ago, iphone said:

I have mixed feelings bro kani ippudu situation ki thagattu doing trainer fellow saying no language needed to learn and ikkada python nerchukondi ani saying emi ardham avatle, devops la coding gatra undadhu anukuntna but will focus on a  prog L anyway. Devops lo long stay not planning anna only for time being, oka clear path vesukoni jump aipotha

Trainer alane antadu bro but knowing Python will make your life easier remember that. expert avasaram ledu bro but be comfortable with the language etc. mostly google lo dorikesthayi manaki kavalsina code for the most part, or stackoverflow undane undi ga. 

DevOps don't make it a career yeah edo temporary ga andulo untu try to get into a more sustainable career. But I think in general these days IT itself isn't a sustainable career. Just my thoughts. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Kalam_Youtheman said:

what im saying is FAANG FAANG ani cheddi tear avsaram ledhu.. 

FAANG chesinollu come out in 1-2 yrs and join start ups or becomes VP's in no time. so depends on induvidual bro. not all can do but still doable. 

1 minute ago, zarathustra said:

Trainer alane antadu bro but knowing Python will make your life easier remember that. expert avasaram ledu bro but be comfortable with the language etc. mostly google lo dorikesthayi manaki kavalsina code for the most part, or stackoverflow undane undi ga. 

DevOps don't make it a career yeah edo temporary ga andulo untu try to get into a more sustainable career. But I think in general these days IT itself isn't a sustainable career. Just my thoughts. 

Makes sense bro this is exactly my plan but inka oka fix plan raaley ippudu bandi nadipinchi inko master plan vestha and yeah I am not following trainer maatalu anyday programming skills speak