Anyone ever got severely depressed?

jiggubhai

Just now, DummyVariable said:

What does that even mean? I never saw black clouds over anyone’s head. 😐

Other people cannot see it. You just feel it. It's like something that prevents you from being happy. Even if anything good happens, it wouldn't make you happy. I was severely depressed when I got my green card in the mail. I just opened the mail, took a scan of the card, put it in my wallet and went to bed. No excitement, nothing. Nothing can excite you when you are depressed. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Other people cannot see it. You just feel it. It's like something that prevents you from being happy. Even if anything good happens, it wouldn't make you happy. I was severely depressed when I got my green card in the mail. I just opened the mail, took a scan of the card, put it in my wallet and went to bed. No excitement, nothing. Nothing can excite you when you are depressed. 

ardham ayind bruh %$#$

2 hours ago, jiggubhai said:

feeling ela untundi vaa..edo different person laga mari potaranta nijamena?

I kind of went through it...always felt something heavy in my chest and stomach...I felt like "I CAN'T DIE AND I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS"...worst feeling ever bro...I even cut my arm to relieve the inside pain....$s@d

1 minute ago, Shameless said:

I kind of went through it...always felt something heavy in my chest and stomach...I felt like "I CAN'T DIE AND I CAN'T LIVE LIKE THIS"...worst feeling ever bro...I even cut my arm to relieve the inside pain....$s@d

Yeah self harm is a common side effect if you're living alone. Get married, you won't harm yourself again. 

2 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

I volunteered at a local mental health facility back in the day baa plus my niece is a psychiatrist who deals with patients down with mental illnesses and depression all the time. 

Your life changes man, everything you do becomes a chore and at times you don't even understand why you are doing what you are doing. We also don't know much about how our own brains so even if someone doesn't have it today, there's always a possibility of it developing down the line. 

So lite gaa teesi pareyaku bro

how to prevent it from happening va?

9 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Yeah self harm is a common side effect if you're living alone. Get married, you won't harm yourself again. 

It was around 12 years ago bro...there are still some side effects due to that issue and I am working on them currently...%$#$

2 hours ago, Pulkapresident said:

LMAO

What if Depression is your body’s defense mechanism? 🤔

It sounds like a corrective phase where the body admits defeat, recuperates and builds a new you. 😐

23 minutes ago, DummyVariable said:

LMAO

What if Depression is your body’s defense mechanism? 🤔

It sounds like a corrective phase where the body admits defeat, recuperates and builds a new you. 😐

Probably, it just feels like a dark cloud where nothing makes you happy. 

5 hours ago, Sputnik said:

I woke up heavy hearted every day wishing I never woke up. There was physical pain in the chest, idhemi metaphor kadhu.

There will be personality changes. I haven't checked myself in the mirror for almost 6 months. I have become quiet. Used be extroverted and that changed too. This was a few yrs back

I found comfort in food, music and movies.

Sorry to hear bro. How did you get out of that depression? 

5 hours ago, tennisluvrredux said:

I volunteered at a local mental health facility back in the day baa plus my niece is a psychiatrist who deals with patients down with mental illnesses and depression all the time. 

Your life changes man, everything you do becomes a chore and at times you don't even understand why you are doing what you are doing. We also don't know much about how our own brains so even if someone doesn't have it today, there's always a possibility of it developing down the line. 

So lite gaa teesi pareyaku bro

I dont think people with depression dont understand what they are doing. They do know what they are doing..but they would not know that there is abnormality in their thoughts, their actions, activities etc

5 hours ago, jiggubhai said:

feeling ela untundi vaa..edo different person laga mari potaranta nijamena?

most of the times ppl dont know that they have it.. normal person laganey vuntaru but dentlo interest chupincharu..mood swings, getting irritated easily..eppudu tired ga feel avvadam....fogginess in the brain..feeling nervous.... ivi symptoms.  it is best to seek medical help if anyone notices these symptoms.. kaani most of the times ppl would not pay attention to these symptoms , and some other times they might think seeking medical help is a stigma. life changes ayithey chesukovali......so koncham spiritual path, good sleep habits, leading less stressful life, exercises will help but prevention itself is best cure as depression can come back again in 50% people after first episode. ikkada vallu..life long vadutu vuntaru... but manaki atleast koncham spiritual activities, yoga, meditation lantivi vunnayi.  

I dont know what other reasons can be..but stress and not reaching expecations in life etc etc are few reasons why depression amy come..