UK Citizen, US relocation doubts - Pls help

ram9999

17 minutes ago, ysshakeela said:

Me exactly same bro, but with much deep experience of around 15 years- 5 years in India and 10 years in the UK.

This is the question I am asking since ages and no correct answer from even the UK based solicitors. One answer I get from every immigration adviser is that being a Doctor in the UK (with UK based Medical Degree and experience with NHS) it will be a cake walk to settle in Aus/NZ/USA or any Middle Eastern Country.

When I asked this question about IT, nobody gives a sh!t, they say it wont make your life any better. But after following AFDB I found that even manual testers make 100,000$ in the US of A. Recently one contact, who was a manual tester later converted to .NET developer and he got a job paying $140,000 with trained experience on .NET.

Based on the above 2 scenarios, people like you or me (being a Senior Java/Scala/AWS/Python Dev) should get at least £150,000 in the UK but as you know thats impossible in the UK. Luckily I am still continuing Outside IR35 role with £500 per day because I am a key Dev in one of the public services company in the UK.

Please keep this thread alive, we will discuss more options.

I am based in Watford.

500 pounds per day vasthunapudu inka usa endhuku shakki

2 hours ago, pahelwan1 said:

UK citizens ki kuda h1b kavala? I know Canada citizens has T1 visa and Australia citizens has e3 visa. 

UK vallaki ayi eami levu 

H1 easy ga vastadi, GC ki you have to stand in India line

3 hours ago, ram9999 said:

Hi Guys,

Nenu UK citizen ni with 5yr old son, for a change US relocate avudam anukuntunam, pls advise if its really worth it.

UK citizens ki H1B priority untunda or is it equal to having an Indian passport.?

I'm a DevOps Engineer with 7 year experience earning 60k£($85,000), roughly 4000£(5500$)/Month vastai after taxes, ikkada schools and hospitals free, monthly expenses max 2500£(3500$). UK lo contract jobs ni restrict chesaru so, pedaga savings ni increase cheyalemu.

How much max can I earn with my experience and how much can we save after all the expenses including health insurance?

Which part of the US is best to have a decent life style with good schools and hospitals? Gun culture in US, is it really that dangerous?

I would seriously consider your advice, please give your valuable suggestions. Thanks

most important thing: Nothing free in US, Yeah public schools are but to be in a good one you have to be in a good neighborhood with high rent/mortgage. 

adhe $85K US major city lo aithey you will have no savings but also depends on personal spending. 

Devops is in demand depends on position you can make up to $120-$150k+ check on dice etc. 

Gun rules vary by state pick one by your preference. 

3 hours ago, ram9999 said:

Hi Guys,

Nenu UK citizen ni with 5yr old son, for a change US relocate avudam anukuntunam, pls advise if its really worth it.

UK citizens ki H1B priority untunda or is it equal to having an Indian passport.?

I'm a DevOps Engineer with 7 year experience earning 60k£($85,000), roughly 4000£(5500$)/Month vastai after taxes, ikkada schools and hospitals free, monthly expenses max 2500£(3500$). UK lo contract jobs ni restrict chesaru so, pedaga savings ni increase cheyalemu.

How much max can I earn with my experience and how much can we save after all the expenses including health insurance?

Which part of the US is best to have a decent life style with good schools and hospitals? Gun culture in US, is it really that dangerous?

I would seriously consider your advice, please give your valuable suggestions. Thanks

there is no yes or no answer, but UK lo two jobs cheyyleva ? With UK citizenship and virtual setting it may be easy kada.

no priority for UK cititzens.... Green card kastalu start avthayi. and its a nighmare.

but pay would be almost double if you can take the risks....

best part antu yem undadu... if you don't like cold then settle in south. 

schools are free but not medical, insurance pay chesthey ok lekunte dabidi bidibe.

gun culture is terrible, but it's on of those things like car accident; probability is low. But if you stay in safe communities little better .

H1b is not cheap , its very expensive .

compared to UK life can be grand in US if you can spend . Big cars big homes

4 hours ago, ram9999 said:

Hi Guys,

h1b is same for everyone - so you compete with indians for lottery. But once you get h1b and your employer file for gc you will have an advantage in the line.

gun culture thokka emi ledhu/ its better than uk in everyway. But one thing in usa you will spend a lot on car/internet/utilities/health compared to UK. So your expenses will be more.

UK lo contract jobs ni endhuku restrict chesaru ?

4 hours ago, ram9999 said:

Hi Guys,

go to India bro … since ur 35 only and  if you don’t like anyway you can return to UK… no H1B priority for UK citizens, u vl not be considered for advanced degree quota and you will be still considered as Indian born for GC so forget about GC…

2 minutes ago, JackSeal said:

go to India bro … since ur 35 only and  if you don’t like anyway you can return to UK… no H1B priority for UK citizens, u vl not be considered for advanced degree quota and you will be still considered as Indian born for GC so forget about GC…

really ? i did not know that

17 minutes ago, Picheshwar said:

H1 easy ga vastada @3$%

easy ante, I mean easy ga pick ayithadi 

I heard there is lottery system for applicants in India, UK quota lo H1 easy ga pick ayiddi ani naa meaning 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Swatkat said:

500 pounds per day vasthunapudu inka usa endhuku shakki

Outside IR35 means only 15% tax deducted (with a fair amount of manipulation). So I will get around £420 in hand every day. Which equates to nearly £8400 per month. Take 1 day out for my personal holiday, on an average for 12 days in an year. I will still get 12 * 8k = 96,000 in hand per year. 

That looks very promissing and rosy. There are many problems here nevertheless.

1. The job is not guaranteed to last for 12 months given the nature of contracting.

2. Almost 90% of the roles in the UK now are Inside IR35 that means my take home will be only 55%-58% of the daily rate. By calculation, I will not get more than £6,000 per month THAT TOO ONLY IF I CAN GET 12 MONTH contracts every year, which is impossible given the not so rosy picture for IT in the UK.

So its all uncertain now for IT profs in the UK. 

2 minutes ago, ysshakeela said:

Outside IR35 means only 15% tax deducted (with a fair amount of manipulation). So I will get around £420 in hand every day. Which equates to nearly £8400 per month. Take 1 day out for my personal holiday, on an average for 12 days in an year. I will still get 12 * 8k = 96,000 in hand per year. 

That looks very promissing and rosy. There are many problems here nevertheless.

1. The job is not guaranteed to last for 12 months given the nature of contracting.

2. Almost 90% of the roles in the UK now are Inside IR35 that means my take home will be only 55%-58% of the daily rate. By calculation, I will not get more than £6,000 per month THAT TOO ONLY IF I CAN GET 12 MONTH contracts every year, which is impossible given the not so rosy picture for IT in the UK.

So its all uncertain now for IT profs in the UK. 

Intha pelli indha ledha? 

27 minutes ago, Picheshwar said:

ye ooru needi??

so if you are say a UK ambassodar or businessmen to india and your child born in india. Then if child applies for GC he will be in line with all other indians ? endhi va

1 hour ago, ysshakeela said:

Me exactly same bro, but with much deep experience of around 15 years- 5 years in India and 10 years in the UK.

This is the question I am asking since ages and no correct answer from even the UK based solicitors. One answer I get from every immigration adviser is that being a Doctor in the UK (with UK based Medical Degree and experience with NHS) it will be a cake walk to settle in Aus/NZ/USA or any Middle Eastern Country.

When I asked this question about IT, nobody gives a sh!t, they say it wont make your life any better. But after following AFDB I found that even manual testers make 100,000$ in the US of A. Recently one contact, who was a manual tester later converted to .NET developer and he got a job paying $140,000 with trained experience on .NET.

Based on the above 2 scenarios, people like you or me (being a Senior Java/Scala/AWS/Python Dev) should get at least £150,000 in the UK but as you know thats impossible in the UK. Luckily I am still continuing Outside IR35 role with £500 per day because I am a key Dev in one of the public services company in the UK.

Please keep this thread alive, we will discuss more options.

I am based in Watford.

do you know city/state? it all depends bro....CA or NY downtown lo salaries are high compared to cities like Chicago and if you go 3 tier or small towns, then same 100K type of numbers will come down to 65-70K.

so edo blind ga oka example theesukoni, oka number vini, ade correct anukoku.

US lo tax + health and other insurances deduct chesaka, if you are getting tax 60k£($85,000) worth then your original base salary must be around 110-120K, which is a good pay if you live in Chicago, Texas and may other places.

one major advantage in US is, IT lo lots of jobs compared to UK...