UK Citizen, US relocation doubts - Pls help

ram9999

22 hours ago, ysshakeela said:

Me exactly same bro, but with much deep experience of around 15 years- 5 years in India and 10 years in the UK.

This is the question I am asking since ages and no correct answer from even the UK based solicitors. One answer I get from every immigration adviser is that being a Doctor in the UK (with UK based Medical Degree and experience with NHS) it will be a cake walk to settle in Aus/NZ/USA or any Middle Eastern Country.

When I asked this question about IT, nobody gives a sh!t, they say it wont make your life any better. But after following AFDB I found that even manual testers make 100,000$ in the US of A. Recently one contact, who was a manual tester later converted to .NET developer and he got a job paying $140,000 with trained experience on .NET.

Based on the above 2 scenarios, people like you or me (being a Senior Java/Scala/AWS/Python Dev) should get at least £150,000 in the UK but as you know thats impossible in the UK. Luckily I am still continuing Outside IR35 role with £500 per day because I am a key Dev in one of the public services company in the UK.

Please keep this thread alive, we will discuss more options.

I am based in Watford

True bro, IT contracting is not an option any more with less experience and permanent salaries are way too low compared to US. So, seriously looking forward to relocate.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, veerigadu said:

EchhhH1b try cheyiiii April lo.

bro, any suggestion how to choose consultancy and location and what would be the cost for H1 and how much I would be able to save with minimal spending?

5 minutes ago, ram9999 said:

True bro, IT contracting is not an option any more with less experience and permanent salaries are way too low compared to US. So, seriously looking forward to relocate.

The straight answer that I can give to you is: IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE FOR YOU WITH BRITISH PASSPORT and having to try to migrate to USA. Its same as you based in Bangalore and trying to get to USA with Indian passport.

22 hours ago, kumarskyhigh said:

most important thing: Nothing free in US, Yeah public schools are but to be in a good one you have to be in a good neighborhood with high rent/mortgage. 

adhe $85K US major city lo aithey you will have no savings but also depends on personal spending. 

Devops is in demand depends on position you can make up to $120-$150k+ check on dice etc. 

Gun rules vary by state pick one by your preference.

bro, how much I would be able to save with minimal spending, here in UK max $2000

22 hours ago, yemdoing said:

there is no yes or no answer, but UK lo two jobs cheyyleva ? With UK citizenship and virtual setting it may be easy kada.

no priority for UK cititzens.... Green card kastalu start avthayi. and its a nighmare.

but pay would be almost double if you can take the risks....

best part antu yem undadu... if you don't like cold then settle in south. 

schools are free but not medical, insurance pay chesthey ok lekunte dabidi bidibe.

gun culture is terrible, but it's on of those things like car accident; probability is low. But if you stay in safe communities little better .

H1b is not cheap , its very expensive .

compared to UK life can be grand in US if you can spend . Big cars big home

bro, it might be possible to do two jobs but its too stressful and extra hours, while we can earn the same amount with single job in US. What's the max we can save in US with minimal spending?

22 hours ago, Telugodura456 said:

h1b is same for everyone - so you compete with indians for lottery. But once you get h1b and your employer file for gc you will have an advantage in the line.

gun culture thokka emi ledhu/ its better than uk in everyway. But one thing in usa you will spend a lot on car/internet/utilities/health compared to UK. So your expenses will be more.

UK lo contract jobs ni endhuku restrict chesaru ?

Bro, contract jobs still exist but tax we have to pay has increased to nearly 50% of the day rate from less than 10% previously.

Can we do contract jobs in US on h1 and how much tax do we have to pay? How much I will be able to save with minimal spending? 

22 hours ago, JackSeal said:

go to India bro … since ur 35 only and  if you don’t like anyway you can return to UK… no H1B priority for UK citizens, u vl not be considered for advanced degree quota and you will be still considered as Indian born for GC so forget about GC…

Going back to India is not an option bro, not until 50 at leas.

Please advise regarding salaries, expenses and max savings monthly, here in UK max 2000$/month save ceyochu.

21 hours ago, Thokkalee said:

Do you have friends here? It may be a little difficult to land a high paying job until you understand the market and have someone to guide you… you will need lot of guidance as the market is totally different here compared to UK.. 

and you will be a slave to a desi consultancy until you get a decent full time job.. or a good paying job… 

also, health insurance is very expensive here.. and healthcare costs are very high especially if you have a chronic health issue in your family..

None that can guide me properly, just have few contacts.

Roughly how much it would cost me intially if I dont find a job for couple of months including h1 and consultancy fees.

27 minutes ago, ram9999 said:

Going back to India is not an option bro, not until 50 at leas.

Please advise regarding salaries, expenses and max savings monthly, here in UK max 2000$/month save ceyochu.

In USA if you are single income with kids you won’t save any, save chesina kuda very minimum unless you land in some highly paid company or doing 2 jobs