Why do desi interviewers don’t turn on their video and ask us to turn on

DesiPokiri

1 minute ago, kfrockz said:

idi maree ati. nenu chese interviews lo google cheskomani nene cheptaa. All I want to know his comfort level writing a code. maree copy paste kaakunda, logic google seskunte saalu naaku.

Maree edhoka coding question techhi rayamantaru baa, ponila raddhamani think chesthe 1 minute tharavatha okay will come back to this antaru, 1 minute lo coding question google cheyyakunda ela vastadhi ee mundalakaina, andhuke nenu hurt ayyi video on chey ra edhava ani godava pedatha.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SRH said:

Bro Mona goram.. desi gadu madyalo ne video  360 degrees chupi anadu.. naku ekado kaalindi job avasram ani chupichaa..

Pant zip kuda vippi chupinchalsindhi 

couple of months ago one TCS dude interviewing me..

During interview, i was explaining blah blah then he asked can you send screenshots whatever done and says strip the company logo etc..

I said no way dudeeee. Offcourse they didn't select me though :)

10 minutes ago, DesiPokiri said:

Maree edhoka coding question techhi rayamantaru baa, ponila raddhamani think chesthe 1 minute tharavatha okay will come back to this antaru, 1 minute lo coding question google cheyyakunda ela vastadhi ee mundalakaina, andhuke nenu hurt ayyi video on chey ra edhava ani godava pedatha.

tappu ledu. nenu aite intial generic questions anee adigesi, aa time ki ee question brain lo ki vaste adi adigi, take ur time ani septaa. Honestly, I just want to see them if they are comfortable to work in my team. ee algo, aa algo, i dont know why we need them atleast in my team. data structures usage knowledge vunte saalu naaku.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DesiPokiri said:

In one cognizant interview I bashed on his face saying why are you staying like a coward turning off your video and asking to turn on mine. Let’s turn on both of our videos or else go back and learn some interview skills and then come and interview me ani cheppina

I said the same, give and take respect. If you can't then I can't.

It will come under discrimination, your company will be in bad situation later. They may not know that you guys are doing like this. Please do not give bad things for your company when they are trusting you and giving this job. 

One guy argued and stopped the process. Another guy argued but started his video, because no other option. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, naughty15 said:

couple of months ago one TCS dude interviewing me..

During interview, i was explaining blah blah then he asked can you send screenshots whatever done and says strip the company logo etc..

I said no way dudeeee. Offcourse they didn't select me though :)

Wtf 

1 minute ago, jays02 said:

I said the same, give and take respect. If you can't then I can't.

It will come under discrimination, your company will be in bad situation later. They may not know that you guys are doing like this. Please do not give bad things for your company when they are trusting you and giving this job. 

One guy argued and stopped the process. Another guy argued but started his video, because no other option. 

Ee lafoot mncs annitini avoid chesi chinna chinna vendors ki vella dam bettter 

2 hours ago, Smarty_1 said:

Depends on when the interview is scheduled i guess i have see many non indians not turning the cam during this pandemic from my own team during interviews..

forget about interviews 1:1 lo kuda cheyaru ma team lo

1:1 meetings lo avasaram emundi bayya thelisina faces ee kada. Nenu laptop doc station nundi teyyaleka normal call ye matladatha 

28 minutes ago, sri_sri999 said:

1:1 meetings lo avasaram emundi bayya thelisina faces ee kada. Nenu laptop doc station nundi teyyaleka normal call ye matladatha 

Ante 1:1 lo okkalu on cheste inkokallu cheste manchindi kada.. lekapothe manam blank screen chusi matladali kada..

video on unte u can realize their feelings instantaneously with their facial expressions and gestures. just hearing words will not help u make that assessment kada

Mana telugu tejaalu froxy * calls start chesina tarvatha ee video interviews start ayyaayi… now even video interviews ki kuda froxy pedtunnaru… my company also does video interviews and they record the interviews too.. but many managers or leads (even whites and others) don’t turn on their video unless this is for a FT interview…

I miss those good old days where they selected people after a 30 min interview over the phone… that trust is lost forever…

Doing interviews and hiring a resource is a headache now and is a big waste of time and energy… for regular skill sets like Java, QA, etc we get either someone impersonating them or doing ***** or they are useless… most of them don’t even have a LinkedIn profile… we know they are fake but still look for someone with a good attitude and ability to learn.. 

we have to interview about 10-20 people to hire one developer and he may or may not be the person joining us.. and we will have to restart the process if we get a bad apple.. 

4 hours ago, DesiPokiri said:

Observed it during my second job search. All the Tcs, cognizant, capgemini, techm guys are waste fellows and don’t even have proper skills or etiquettes.

they ask us to turn on the video and turn off theirs 

i just had yesterday.. same situation.. looks odd..

aedo CBI team laga investigate chestaru  .. interview cheyyi mante..

mee environment enti ra anta.. highly confidential we cannt reveal anta .. nenedo ssn details adiginattu

4 hours ago, DesiPokiri said:

Observed it during my second job search. All the Tcs, cognizant, capgemini, techm guys are waste fellows and don’t even have proper skills or etiquettes.

they ask us to turn on the video and turn off theirs 

kathal padi video public cheste.. sue cheyadame