Jump to content

Japanese AC major Daikin to invest ₹1,000 crore to set up facility in sricity


Ryzen_renoir
 Share

Recommended Posts

Daikin India will set up its third manufacturing plant in india . The company said this expansion is part of its investment proposal for the recently announced PLI scheme for AC components, making it the first Japanese player to invest under the scheme. 

The company on Friday inked a land purchase deal at Sri City in Andhra Pradesh to set up a facility that will manufacture ACs and components. The plant will cater not only to domestic demand, but also establish India as a regional hub that will serve international markets.

The company is expected to invest about ₹1,000 crore in the first phase to construct the facility.

It is acquiring land of over 75 acres and the plant is expected to become operational by 2023.

KJ Jawa, Chairman and Managing Director, Daikin India, said the company wants to make India a manufacturing hub to serve markets such as West Asia, Sri Lanka, South America and Africa.

‘India is the fastest growing market for us. Daikin has a clear strategic intent to enhance its air-conditioning, air filtration and refrigeration portfolio, for which India has been identified as a developmental hub. We believe India has the potential to become our offshore delivery centre for R&D and exports," he said.

Jawa added that with AC penetration still at 5-6 per cent, there is huge potential for growth of the air-conditioners segment in the country.

Daikin India’s manufacturing facility in Andhra Pradesh has the potential to create over 3,000 jobs.

The company currently has two manufacturing facilities in Rajasthan and had been scouting for a possible location for its third plant in southern India.

“With the launch of the third manufacturing unit at Sri City, Andhra Pradesh, Daikin aims to achieve aggressive market growth in AC exports over the next few years,” Jawa added . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sricity set to become Ac manufacturing Hub  with bluestar , Amber Electrotech, 
havells and Daikin

Blue Star will make an investment of Rs 250 crore in a manufacturing plant in Sri City, Andhra Pradesh, which will have a production capacity of five lakh room air-conditioning units per annum.

In Phase-II, which will be in the next three-four years, another investment of Rs 270 crore will be made in the Sri City plant, for an annual production capacity of seven lakh room ACs. The construction of the plant will begin in FY22.

Blue Star has two manufacturing plants in Himachal Pradesh and the company plans to enhance its room AC manufacturing capacity there as well.

The company will continue to have the two plants in Himachal Pradesh catering to room ACs completely for the North India market, East India market and exports, to begin with. As and when the Sri City plant comes up, it will cater to the South and partially the West.
 

Havells India plans to set up new AC manufacturing plant at sricity 

The company is also planning to setup a new facility to manufacture air-conditioners at Sri City, Chittoor district in the state of Andhra Pradesh with an estimated investment of Rs 250 crore. The project will be financed through internal accrual/ term loan.

The plant will have an annual capacity of 5.6 lakh units. This is in addition to the existing facility of air-conditioners which are being manufactured at the company's plant located at Ghiloth.

 The proposed capacity in Andhra Pradesh will be set up in 12 to 18 months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yerri naakodaka....Sri city concept ni encourage sesindi CBN with full subsidies, tharuvatha YSR. next malli CBN gaadu full ga subsidies ichi baaga encourage sesadu....indulo BODI lambidi koduku emi role undi raa....Prashant gaadi Paytm batch ani prove sesukuntunnavu.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Ryzen_renoir changed the title to Japanese AC major Daikin to invest ₹1,000 crore to set up facility in sricity
6 minutes ago, paaparao said:

Yerri naakodaka....Sri city concept ni encourage sesindi CBN with full subsidies, tharuvatha YSR. next malli CBN gaadu full ga subsidies ichi baaga encourage sesadu....indulo BODI lambidi koduku emi role undi raa....Prashant gaadi Paytm batch ani prove sesukuntunnavu.

 sricity from conception to acquisition to operation motham vachindhi congress govt lo ney , asalu TDP ekkada nunchi vachindhi?  Don't make a fool out of yourself , we even have lands right next to it 

On the contrary there are no extra subsidies given to sricity units  , all the infrastructure is privately built by the SEZ itself . That's why firms would rather invest here rather than deal with state govt.  

export units state govt valla ravu thammudu , Country policies bagunte edho oka state lo vastayi 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, paaparao said:

Yerri naakodaka....Sri city concept ni encourage sesindi CBN with full subsidies, tharuvatha YSR. next malli CBN gaadu full ga subsidies ichi baaga encourage sesadu....indulo BODI lambidi koduku emi role undi raa....Prashant gaadi Paytm batch ani prove sesukuntunnavu.

Sri city started in 2007. How CBN started. Can you please explain 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, chandrabhai7 said:

Sri city started in 2007. How CBN started. Can you please explain 

If you ask any thammudu "how was the universe created ?"  they will answer

" CBN thought of creating the universe and then the Big Bang happened " 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Daikin India will set up its third manufacturing plant in india . The company said this expansion is part of its investment proposal for the recently announced PLI scheme for AC components, making it the first Japanese player to invest under the scheme. 

The company on Friday inked a land purchase deal at Sri City in Andhra Pradesh to set up a facility that will manufacture ACs and components. The plant will cater not only to domestic demand, but also establish India as a regional hub that will serve international markets.

The company is expected to invest about ₹1,000 crore in the first phase to construct the facility.

It is acquiring land of over 75 acres and the plant is expected to become operational by 2023.

KJ Jawa, Chairman and Managing Director, Daikin India, said the company wants to make India a manufacturing hub to serve markets such as West Asia, Sri Lanka, South America and Africa.

‘India is the fastest growing market for us. Daikin has a clear strategic intent to enhance its air-conditioning, air filtration and refrigeration portfolio, for which India has been identified as a developmental hub. We believe India has the potential to become our offshore delivery centre for R&D and exports," he said.

Jawa added that with AC penetration still at 5-6 per cent, there is huge potential for growth of the air-conditioners segment in the country.

Daikin India’s manufacturing facility in Andhra Pradesh has the potential to create over 3,000 jobs.

The company currently has two manufacturing facilities in Rajasthan and had been scouting for a possible location for its third plant in southern India.

“With the launch of the third manufacturing unit at Sri City, Andhra Pradesh, Daikin aims to achieve aggressive market growth in AC exports over the next few years,” Jawa added . 

finally AP getting some jobs

need more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, futureofandhra said:

finally AP getting some jobs

need more

Andhukey jaganna mutton shops open chesthunadu. 

Not a single official or politician from AP was there during signing  1313904-image6487327.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Ryzen_renoir said:

Andhukey jaganna mutton shops open chesthunadu. 

Not a single official or politician from AP was there during signing  1313904-image6487327.jpg

mandhu siru gari suggestion yina cinema tickets, saks lo vachina mutton shops youth ki kick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.