Credit card - Fraudulent charges

KondapalliRaj

Bros,

There are some unauthorised transactions on my chase credit card at Walgreens/Walmart/gas station and the Total is 700$ . I have disputed the charges with the bank within 7 days , but the bank confirmed that these are valid transactions.

further , I spoke to customer service and explained the issue and reopened the dispute, but the result is same.

I have double checked and I am 100% sure I never visited the stores where the transactions are made.

now , chase is charged back the amount to my credit card . I

i am not sure what are the options I have .

please share if you have any suggestions.

thanks

2 minutes ago, kumari26f said:

chaarukesa block current card, get new card n chase

They issued a new card as soon as I reported the dispute.

question is about handling unauthorised charges  .

2 minutes ago, KondapalliRaj said:

They issued a new card as soon as I reported the dispute.

question is about handling unauthorised charges  .

typically if they claim dispute is invalid, they have to prove that you are there. you have to prove that you are at different location by some means. 

1 minute ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

typically if they claim dispute is invalid, they have to prove that you are there. you have to prove that you are at different location by some means. 

They just sent a letter saying these charges are valid . I am tired of explaining them .

what are the other options I have ? Can I complain this to any agency ? Or small claims court ?

Just now, KondapalliRaj said:

They just sent a letter saying these charges are valid . I am tired of explaining them .

what are the other options I have ? Can I complain this to any agency ? Or small claims court ?

i had a dispute transaction back in 2012 and amex investigated that and talked to those stores and found that the person doing the transaction isn't me based on security cameras. It completely depends on how far the banks go to investigate. I'm not sure other options. sorry.

just curious, why did it takes 7 days to dispute? didn't you setup alert for every card swipe? that's the best way to immediately know of fraud charges. 

17 minutes ago, NeneRajuNeneManthri said:

i had a dispute transaction back in 2012 and amex investigated that and talked to those stores and found that the person doing the transaction isn't me based on security cameras. It completely depends on how far the banks go to investigate. I'm not sure other options. sorry.

just curious, why did it takes 7 days to dispute? didn't you setup alert for every card swipe? that's the best way to immediately know of fraud charges. 

There was alert , I have missed checking messages 

500 dollars in Walgreens doesn’t make sense. 

Do you have any authorized user on the card ? 

Do you have the card with you ? Is it chip enabled card ? 

You can also visit the store and they will ask you the make a police complaint to provide the details.

7 minutes ago, razzu123 said:

500 dollars in Walgreens doesn’t make sense. 

Do you have any authorized user on the card ? 

Do you have the card with you ? Is it chip enabled card ? 

You can also visit the store and they will ask you the make a police complaint to provide the details.

Spouse is authorised user on card .yes it is chip enabled