Ellenu dune choosava?

Raven_Rayes

7 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

The book doesn't care about gender relations, but goes further than that. It starts off with political systems and how they work, and how men and woman manipulate it. The first book is about the rise of a dictator. The movie is just one half of the first book. The books ends with Paul securing a Fremen wife and Jessica giving birth to a baby.

Its not blockbuster material, and there are no shock twists or turns. Just pure spectacle of systems chugging along.

the movie was so beautifully shot. The spaceships. vaaammmo such large ones. The dragonfly copters look so cool.

That’s quite interesting, sorrry I just raised the man woman point for fun. It was written in 1965, so it’s too good for its times. 

absolutely agree with blockbuster part, might not attract masses as it doesn’t have the stereotypical formula, no larger than life heroes or villains 

We felt the SAME while watching. IMAX lo chusa and didn’t regret one bit. Desert scenes made me parched lol. Music added more beauty 

37 minutes ago, Ellen said:

I didn't properly understand the religion part (the reverand lady and all that ) also why hero keeps having those visions ...also those shields, din get how they work

(PS. Joke 8000 years tarvata kuda mottam men rulers a nah 😝

Bene Gesserit is not a religion. Its just an order in galaxy that trains women to have fortune telling powers (i'm simplifying). But BG also operate strictly as a closed group and have plans running forward for decades. They manipulate the great houses, plant superstitions etc to implement their plan for the universe.

In this case, they planted Jessica in the house of Atreides, with the express orders for her to have a girl child. So they can use the child to strike marriage deals with other houses and rearrange the political order in a certain way. But Jessica manages to cheat them and have a son instead. And further she even teaches the tricks of Bene Gesserit to him. That's why Paul is having those visions, along with his contact of the spice the visions get even more frequent. But he is not completely trained to make sense of them and act on them.

according to his visions, theres a jihad that happens under his father's name. But its not his father, but his son Leto Atreides who's shocked by what happens to his father in the second book, and who understands the universe even more intimately than his father did (because of the visions), he proceeds to become the god emperor of the entire universe, by using fremen as his foot soldiers to conquer the world.

• Like 1

Just now, Ellen said:

I think I really want to read the book, I know there are more parts to come, but the movie kind of left me hanging 

the books are increasingly dense as you go on. very hard to read.

I stopped after the 3rd, because I was not able to keep up with the meandering narrative. but to some readers, the 4th book is the best of the lot. Since it features Paul's son Leto's rise as the god emperor of the universe, and with every order in the known universe being against him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Bene Gesserit is not a religion. Its just an order in galaxy that trains women to have fortune telling powers (i'm simplifying). But BG also operate strictly as a closed group and have plans running forward for decades. They manipulate the great houses, plant superstitions etc to implement their plan for the universe.

In this case, they planted Jessica in the house of Atreides, with the express orders for her to have a girl child. So they can use the child to strike marriage deals with other houses and rearrange the political order in a certain way. But Jessica manages to cheat them and have a son instead. And further she even teaches the tricks of Bene Gesserit to him. That's why Paul is having those visions, along with his contact of the spice the visions get even more frequent. But he is not completely trained to make sense of them and act on them.

according to his visions, theres a jihad that happens under his father's name. But its not his father, but his son Leto Atreides who's shocked by what happens to his father in the second book, and who understands the universe even more intimately than his father did (because of the visions), he proceeds to become the god emperor of the entire universe, by using fremen as his foot soldiers to conquer the world.

I see thanks for clarifying that. Also what are those sound things they are doing to command?
How does Jessica have son? Some sort of spell?
Leto Atreides is another son than Paul or are you talking about the Duke guy (Paul’s father )his name is Leto I.

you gave away spoiler for second movie 😭😭😭😭

Just now, Ellen said:

I see thanks for clarifying that. Also what are those sound things they are doing to command?
Leto Atreides is another son than Paul or are you talking about the Duke guy, his name is Leto I.

subtle manipulation techniques that they train for decades to become part of the order.

Bene Gesserit has breeding programs planned ahead for decades on who should give birth to whom, so they can maintain control of the universe. Plus they plant superstitions among people towards this end.

they take one of their own visions/superstitions seriously. Its the birth of Kwisatz Haderach, they are afraid of. An uncontrollable supreme being from the house of Atreides. Fortunately for them, it was not Paul that was KH, but his son Leto. He literally fcuks everyone in the universe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ellen said:

there's no spoilers in this book. Its just an experience. The more you know the story, the more you'll enjoy the movie.

The movie was strictly made for those who read the book. I'm not sure how non-readers will enjoy the movie, except for its visual spectacle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

subtle manipulation techniques that they train for decades to become part of the order.

Bene Gesserit has breeding programs planned ahead for decades on who should give birth to whom, so they can maintain control of the universe. Plus they plant superstitions among people towards this end.

they take one of their own visions/superstitions seriously. Its the birth of Kwisatz Haderach, they are afraid of. An uncontrollable supreme being from the house of Atreides. Fortunately for them, it was not Paul that was KH, but his son Leto. He literally fcuks everyone in the universe.

Noooooo don’t telllllll I wanna watch all movies as them 

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

there's no spoilers in this book. Its just an experience. The more you know the story, the more you'll enjoy the movie.

The movie was strictly made for those who read the book. I'm not sure how non-readers will enjoy the movie, except for its visual spectacle.

I didn’t read the boook, but still enjoyed the movie plot wise, not just visuals 

8 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Leto Atreides is another son than Paul or are you talking about the Duke guy (Paul’s father )his name is Leto I.

The book 3rd one on, is more about our social and environmental ecology.

but even in the first book, there are vivid descriptions of how the ecology on Arakkis works.. and how the spice which made others rich is the reason the planet is unliveable.

Leto makes the planet liveable.

4 minutes ago, Ellen said:

Noooooo don’t telllllll I wanna watch all movies as them 

I'm afraid this movie is not gonna do well. and there won't even be a part 2 :(

they only covered half of the first book with this movie. the material is too dense.

I downloaded this movie 4 days ago on torrent, but didn't touch it until I watched it in theatres yesterday.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Ellen said:

I didn’t read the boook, but still enjoyed the movie plot wise, not just visuals 

you'll enjoy it even more if you read the book. I'm spellbound by what an amazing movie Denis made.

blade runner 2049 level amazing.

• Like 1