Ellenu dune choosava?

Raven_Rayes

Watched it in IMAX today. Didn’t read the books but I got the feeling that the books are more dense and it’s literally impossible to even fit this in two parts. Denis Villenueve did a great job in atleast attempting this.

Warner Bros are hinting at greenlighting the second part although this won’t come close to breaking even.

10 minutes ago, redsox said:

Watched it in IMAX today. Didn’t read the books but I got the feeling that the books are more dense and it’s literally impossible to even fit this in two parts. Denis Villenueve did a great job in atleast attempting this.

Warner Bros are hinting at greenlighting the second part although this won’t come close to breaking even.

Also the material is dated, since many movies have been based on many of the subplots from this book. including Star Wars.

An artistic illustration by HR Giger of the Dune world was commissioned, when there was an attempt to be made into a movie by Alexander Jodorowsky in the 70s. The project got canned because it was considered too experimental and the ideas from those images found its way into many hollywood movies. Star Wars being the most famous.

3 minutes ago, ring_master said:

ippude movie choodadam jarigindi....cinema mottaniki highl8 Hans zimmer......I felt more like star wars with the emperor reference ...okay'ish movie

Star Wars was based on one small facet of Dune. It directly borrowed from Dune.

2 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Star Wars was based on one small facet of Dune. It directly borrowed from Dune.

yeah my cousin mentioned this.....anduke vella...paina nuvvu cheppina political , human condition points naku em kanpiyaledu movie lo......I felt like lion king template 

1 minute ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Also the material is dated, since many movies have been based on many of the subplots from this book. including Star Wars.

An artistic illustration by HR Giger of the Dune world was commissioned, when there was an attempt to be made into a movie by Alexander Jodorowsky in the 70s. The project got canned because it was considered too experimental and the ideas from those images found its way into many hollywood movies. Star Wars being the most famous.

True, definitely can draw parallels with some other sci-fi movies. Screen adaptations are tricky. Anyway, felt that this falls in to the unfilmable category.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ring_master said:

yeah my cousin mentioned this.....anduke vella...paina nuvvu cheppina political , human condition points naku em kanpiyaledu movie lo......I felt like lion king template 

yes not easy to translate it visually, without having pages of dialogues like in Nolan's movies.

4 minutes ago, ring_master said:

also why I think audio visual medium is very restrictive or demands a higher skill level to convey/understand a thought that verbal exposition can do rather easily.

but then I started reading Greg Egan's books. and I wanna make movies that only mathematicians can understand. lol.

yes Dune is dumbed down for regular audience. given the budget, its the obvious choice.

16 hours ago, Raven_Rayes said:

I don't think there'll be a part 2, even though the studio heads are indicating there would be.

Yeah Jason Mamoa was superhot. He does get revived over and over and over through the series with cloning tech, but he won't reappear until the second book. So even if Part 2 gets made, he won't be there :(

I can give book titles that have even better worlds, but nothing comes close to the attention that is paid in creating those worlds in Dune. The series becomes unreadable for its meandering narrative by the 3rd book itself. but some people like the 3rd and 4th the best. because that's where the crux of the theme of this book series lies. I stopped reading after the 3rd, and reading just summaries of the rest.

a contemporary cyberpunkish (may be not) dystopian world is created in Terra Ignota series. A perfect liberal dystopia, a world where you can choose which govt you want to live under, inspite of where you live geographically. And switch govts at whim. And an anarchist trying to destroy this world (atleast in the first book). Another unfilmable book without enough exposition to cover the basic themes of the book. It will come across as just a basic serial murder mystery. But the beauty of the book lies in the unique world all these happen.

Dune, at this point, will always be fanfiction. It assumes that you've already read the novel, or atleast know the important bits that don't need much reiterating.

It would be interesting to see how part 2 will play out. And not just to see Momoa be revived 😀. Denis started the titles with part 1 and  definitely left it hanging and ready for a part 2 looksl ike. At least for hardcore Dune fans like you , he has to do a part 2  😀.

Dune ni  kaachi vadaposi taagesinattunnav ga  😀.

15 hours ago, redsox said:

How will it not Break-even?

It is about to make $400-450 million against a budget of $165 million. That's without including HBO Max sales.

7 hours ago, TarakaRama said:

How will it not Break-even?

It is about to make $400-450 million against a budget of $165 million. That's without including HBO Max sales.

$165 million is just production budget. Marketing will cost another $100-150 million atleast. Plus there are additional costs like distribution, Print and Ad, etc.

What media reports is gross. Studios only get 50% of the gross(theaters will keep the other half) stateside. In foreign territories it will be even less. In territories like China, studios only get like 25-30% of the gross. So you do the math.

For dune to even breakeven, it has to gross in the $600 million+ range WW which is highly unlikely given the fact that it has opened in most major territories including US, China, Europe.

9 hours ago, vidhya said:

It would be interesting to see how part 2 will play out. And not just to see Momoa be revived 😀. Denis started the titles with part 1 and  definitely left it hanging and ready for a part 2 looksl ike. At least for hardcore Dune fans like you , he has to do a part 2  😀.

Dune ni  kaachi vadaposi taagesinattunnav ga  😀.

Momoa won't be revived in part 2 :(

its in the second book. which part 2 won't cover. Actually none of the books have a clear cliffhanger to end.

• Sad 1