No medical seat for Rank 8 in NEET in OC Category in any Govt. College anta

paaparao

1 hour ago, vidhya said:

🤦‍♀️ avvunu caste annedi reservation valle ochindi!! Did you even understand my point!! to your point caste feeling will exist and people are only hardening that stance. Therefore there is a need for affirmative action / reservation, end of discussion. Subverting it, calling it vote bank issue has become fashionable for armchair experts!!

Nenu chepindi enti nuvu chepedi enti, reservations are there as a "Solution" to remove caste based discrimination which it failed utterly and continues to fail. Otherwise why would reservations be in law when they are by definition discriminatory. Current reservation system doesn't address where the caste problem is rampant, in villages.

Why would someone need to be an "expert" to express an opinion in a forum? What are you expert in? You sound petty.

1 hour ago, Pulkapresident said:

Biggest joke of the century this is. CITI_c$y 

Do you have any family work for NASA, or did you ever visit NASA? Most people are minorites on purpose, especially if you're a federal employee. It is a blanket reservation, period. If you're brown or black you get into the 90 percentile and qualify for an interview. If you're a white man, you need to have a PhD to be in the same position as a black man with a bachelor's degree to qualify for an interview. Same thing with federal contracts given by NASA. Federal contracts are given out to minority businesses on purpose even if they quote a higher budget (this would never happen in India). 

Prestigious universities on purpose hire minorities over white men, if you're on admissions committee, you will realize this. 

lol mastaru, what you are saying is against law. If you are saying it's happening then its illegal. SCOTUS clearly told while upholding affirmative action plain discrimination based on race is unconstitutional. It also said you can't end discrimination with more discrimination.

"The Court also held that no person could be excluded from consideration for admission on account of their race. Race can only be a factor in admissions and not an overwhelming one"

It also commented that it might not be needed after 25 years. It's way past that. Asian students filed a case and will be ruled on next year by scotus.  

10 minutes ago, Pavanonline said:

lol mastaru, what you are saying is against law. If you are saying it's happening then its illegal. SCOTUS clearly told while upholding affirmative action plain discrimination based on race is unconstitutional. It also said you can't end discrimination with more discrimination.

"The Court also held that no person could be excluded from consideration for admission on account of their race. Race can only be a factor in admissions and not an overwhelming one"

It also commented that it might not be needed after 25 years. It's way past that. Asian students filed a case and will be ruled on next year by scotus.  

You're citing random judgements and making a statement that doesn't convey a point. NASA is a federal organization, all federal employers at NASA (all levels of GS pay scale, are subject to affirmative action. 

https://www.dol.gov/general/topic/hiring/affirmativeact

15 minutes ago, Pavanonline said:

For college admissions, they don't use the word affirmative action because they get in trouble. They use the word "holistic admission process" to hire minorities. If you're curious compare the SAT and ACT scores of white vs Asian vs black vs Latino. No kidding @3$%

7 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Show me link where blacks and Latinos get reservations...

The reason you might be confused about this, is that most companies are required by law to develop an affirmative action plan if they have 50 or more employers and are asking for a federal contract. However, they are also required by law not to discriminate based on race. This is why, you won't find a straight forward answer to your question. But here is the link showing that the Department of Labor requires companies to develop an affirmative action plan.  

31 minutes ago, Pavanonline said:

The reason you might be confused about this, is that most companies are required by law to develop an affirmative action plan if they have 50 or more employers and are asking for a federal contract. However, they are also required by law not to discriminate based on race. This is why, you won't find a straight forward answer to your question. But here is the link showing that the Department of Labor requires companies to develop an affirmative action plan.  

28 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Show me link where blacks and Latinos get reservations...

Here are the scores of students admitted to Harvard over the years, you tell me if reservation exists. 

000701_1333312.png

37 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Here are the scores of students admitted to Harvard over the years, you tell me if reservation exists. 

000701_1333312.png

That is not reservation - a private university trying to help minorities and other students.  Thats just one university and I know most good universities do this or provide financial assistance --nothing wrong with that. 

Where is reservation? Show me constitution amendment or document - or stop responding. 

I was talking about solutions to the issue - blanket % wise reservations in jobs/promotions per law. 

8 minutes ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

That is not reservation - a private university trying to help minorities and other students.  Thats just one university and I know most good universities do this or provide financial assistance --nothing wrong with that. 

Where is reservation? Show me constitution amendment or document - or stop responding. 

I was talking about solutions to the issue - blanket % wise reservations in jobs/promotions per law. 

I already posted department of labor link which you clearly choose to ignore. 

58 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

1 hour ago, Pavanonline said:

Nenu chepindi enti nuvu chepedi enti, reservations are there as a "Solution" to remove caste based discrimination which it failed utterly and continues to fail. Otherwise why would reservations be in law when they are by definition discriminatory. Current reservation system doesn't address where the caste problem is rampant, in villages.

Why would someone need to be an "expert" to express an opinion in a forum? What are you expert in? You sound petty.

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion but not to their own facts. caste is real, caste based discrimination is real. it's neither selective to villages or praticular regions. And reservation is of ocure a reverse discrimination, as an affirmative action against oppressive caste rigme. And it is one oart of the solution, not the only solution. Change has to come from within, people have to change, unitl that doesn't happen, reservations are here to stay.

And if talking about this is petty, so be it 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, vidhya said:

exactly generational discrimination is passed down and it has been observed that even today african-american children carry the PTSD like symptoms that has its roots in the american slavery. One has to only research the psychological generational trauma on SC/ST families to draw parallels. 

I think this is the wrong argument to make. its not generational trauma that sets people back, but the hurdles they face in the present.  those hurdles add up when you are part of a minority that holds no social or institutional power. nothing more to this.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, hunkyfunky2 said:

Reservations are not solution....

yeah, because you say so.

reservations exist because in public institutions, every group has a stake. Just like in the US, asian kids are held up to a higher standard, in India GC are held to a higher standard that is reasonable and reflective of their means.

everyone owns the country. Not just the people who can afford private tuitions to get ahead.