Jump to content

Will Smith: I fell in love with the Bhagavad Gita


jiggubhai

Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

i am not following the entire thread context...

just responding to your underlined text...

5StxIYe.jpg

 

6 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Is a different interpretation possible of that stanza?

do you want Hinduism to move past the baggage of caste? then its only possible by reinterpreting these stanzas to give it a modern and more palatable meaning.

or do you want Hinduism destroyed? This is will create a lot of reactionary blowback.

 

Gunaanni batti varnalu, puttuka valla kaadu aa okka statement chaalu bhagavadgita ardham kaavataaniki, Meeru Hinduism ni inta digajaarchalanni kudaradu, It is divine and it will exists forever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

i am not following the entire thread context...

just responding to your underlined text...

5StxIYe.jpg

Bhagavad gita is written in Sanskrit & please try to understand meaning of it (intermediate lo chadhivi vuntaavu ga Sanskrit language ni) instead of relying on the interpretations given by authors who don’t understand verses properly 

this is the verse u quoted (word to word translation vundhi)

Chapter 3, verse 35:

BB530285-B734-4474-A307-F754-FC66699-A.j

Now tell where does it talk about caste ?? 

If u read chapters 2 & 3 , u will understand that the context was arjuna says ‘I can’t kill my relatives hence I won’t fight & I will give up my duties as king’ then Lord Krishna says ‘it’s ur duty as a king to fight & u shuld not give up ur dharma (meaning duty) as king to fight for truth’

Where did u find cassette here ?? It only talks about varna system not caste system 

In fact if u read chapter 4, verse 13 lord krishna said he divided human race in 4 divisions or varnas NOT by birth but by quality, activities & aptitude 

The four divisions of human order were created by me according to differences in quality, activities, and aptitude; although the creator of this, know me as the non-doer being immutable.

Source https://bhagavad-gita.org/Gita/verse-03-10.html

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, huma said:

 

Gunaanni batti varnalu, puttuka valla kaadu aa okka statement chaalu bhagavadgita ardham kaavataaniki, Meeru Hinduism ni inta digajaarchalanni kudaradu, It is divine and it will exists forever.

ilaage maatladtha undu, evaru Hinduism ni digajaarchakkarla.. nuvvey chaalu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jambhalheart said:

Bhagavad gita is written in Sanskrit & please try to understand meaning of it (intermediate lo chadhivi vuntaavu ga Sanskrit language ni) instead of relying on the interpretations given by authors who don’t understand verses properly 

this is the verse u quoted (word to word translation vundhi)

Chapter 3, verse 35:

BB530285-B734-4474-A307-F754-FC66699-A.j

Now tell where does it talk about caste ?? 

If u read chapters 2 & 3 , u will understand that the context was arjuna says ‘I can’t kill my relatives hence I won’t fight & I will give up my duties as king’ then Lord Krishna says ‘it’s ur duty as a king to fight & u shuld not give up ur dharma (meaning duty) as king to fight for truth’

Where did u find cassette here ?? It only talks about varna system not caste system 

In fact if u read chapter 4, verse 13 lord krishna said he divided human race in 4 divisions or varnas NOT by birth but by quality, activities & aptitude 

The four divisions of human order were created by me according to differences in quality, activities, and aptitude; although the creator of this, know me as the non-doer being immutable.

Source https://bhagavad-gita.org/Gita/verse-03-10.html

 

 

that you think this is some gotcha, says a lot about the era you live in.

modern societies don't care for bs like varna, duh!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, dasari4kntr said:

i am not following the entire thread context...

just responding to your underlined text...

5StxIYe.jpg

Lol, this is not even the phrase that refers to caste system. Dharmam means what you follow. What this phrase is saying is, your own dharma is better to follow than someone else's dharma that was executed better than your dharma. In order words, it's telling you not to copy others. There is no reference to kulam in the actual phrase in Sanskrit, don't know who or what this translation is from.  This phrase doesn't not refer to the caste system. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

ilaage maatladtha undu, evaru Hinduism ni digajaarchakkarla.. nuvvey chaalu.

Arey missionary lo chillara dabbula kosam matam maarchukunna edavalaki mariyu oka illiterate gaadi sollu nammi cut mirchi la maarina vaallaki em cheppina labham ledu. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Raven_Rayes said:

Is a different interpretation possible of that stanza?

do you want Hinduism to move past the baggage of caste? then its only possible by reinterpreting these stanzas to give it a modern and more palatable meaning.

or do you want Hinduism destroyed? This is will create a lot of reactionary blowback.

sometimes I feel atheists live in their own constructed world, where reason trumps faith. unfortunately reality is different. people respond to incentives, and its the responsbility of everyone to not stir up too much bs, in the name of rationality, without anything to replace the one that they are attacking.

Use language to inflict change. not to make tired points that were made 100yrs ago.

 

That's the problem, there is no reference to kulam in the Sanskrit phrase, don't know who translated it to Telugu.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

haha @dasari4kntr indukey anavasaranga ilanti thread lo vachi standard dialogues kottakudadhu.

let Hindus believe what they want about bhagavad gita, who cares.

its not bhagavad gita that is used to enforce caste in India. Its a million factors, many of them have nothing to do religion too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Pulkapresident said:

That's the problem, there is no reference to kulam in the Sanskrit phrase, don't know who translated it to Telugu.

It must have been done in a different era where political/social realities demanded it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

śhreyānbetter; swa-dharmaḥpersonal duty; viguṇaḥtinged with faults; para-dharmātthan another’s prescribed duties; su-anuṣhṭhitātperfectly done; swa-dharmein one’s personal duties; nidhanamdeath; śhreyaḥbetter; para-dharmaḥduties prescribed for others; bhaya-āvahaḥfraught with fear 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Raven_Rayes said:

It must have been done in a different era where political/social realities demanded it.

 

Dharmam means duty, it is basically saying your duty is your responsibility. Do not copy someone else's duty. Where is reference to caste here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Pulkapresident said:

Dharmam means duty, it is basically saying your duty is your responsibility. Do not copy someone else's duty. Where is reference to caste here?

I remember this from Swarna Kamalam song shiva poojaku chigurinchina....

I'm totally pissed off with people bringing up one particular interpretation and arguing as if its the only one. language can be interpreted in a million ways. I just want the secular non controversial interpretation to get mileage, not the incendiary one.

these are peace times. there are other battles to fight. religion is mostly tamed. everywhere. even in India. Best to let people enjoy their respective religions without bombarding them with crap.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.